OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Pdf outline

Please add pdf outline support :-)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cast photos and video via airplay, chromecast and miracast

To be able to fling our photo/video library to big screen devices - not just native Airplay but major streaming protocols.

Not just Android but IOS as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Backup contacts to OneDrive

It would be nice to have backup contacts on iphone to OneDrive feature in the iOS version of OneDrive. (I believe this feature is presently not available in the iOS version of OneDrive)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Edit document names

Edit the document name directly when we upload it from another app to Onedrive instead of uploading, then go to the document, select document, edit name.

Same when we scan a file : edit the name before we upload it

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. One drive to Apple Music for Apple Music to one drive

Make it where you are able to move music from your Apple Music app on Google play or Spotify and move it to the Music file and In One drive because I would really really really love that and a lot of other people word that I know to

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Background Refresh Without Location

Other photo apps like Google Photos have background refresh without requiring location services. I do not want to have location on all the time. Please allow background refresh independent of location. This is the weakest feature of this app.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Text editing

Pl include text file editing/creating option which makes our life easy by instantly updating/editing/making notes of our simple .txt files rather than just viewing those files and editing on our PCs/laptop

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Suggestion - Passwords/Touch ID for Folders

Passwords (for PC) and touch ID (for iPhone) for specific folders within OneDrive.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Wifi upload

Automatically upload in background over wifi. Instead of having to open the app to do this.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stream to Chromecast

I found out the Android version of this app streams to Chromecast. Would definitely like to see that feature added to iOS version. Would that happen to be in the works already?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Autoplay

Can you please add autoplay? I love how I can listen to music now without buying it, But it would make this app 10x better if the music had autoplay instead of switching manually. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add an option to iOS app photo upload to backup only new photos (taken after enabling this feature)

I already have a few thousand photos on my iPhone. They are already backed up by another app. So I do not want to replicate them in OneDrive. However, I would like to switch to OneDrive for future photo backup without impacting what's already on my phone. Today, I cannot do this. So I am unwilling to switch over to OneDrive for photo backup.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tag multiple pictures at once

Currently you can only update # tag on pictures one at a time. Please add ability to mass update selection of pictures.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable opening a text file without garbling on preview mode in OneDrive Apps for iOS

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリのテキストプレビューが文字化けする

Enable opening a text file without garbling on preview mode in OneDrive Apps for iOS

■Description(内容):
    iOS の OneDrive アプリで 文字コード ANSI のテキスト ファイルがプレビューすると文字化けします。
    UTF 8 や端末のメモ帳に取り込むことで回避できますが、Windows のメモ帳の既定の文字コードが ANSI になっていることもあり、工数が増えてしまいます。
    OneDrive アプリのプレビューモードで ANSI が読み込めるよう機能の追加を要望いたします。

I am aware of that the text file created with the character code ANSI is garbled when previewing it on OneDrive Apps for iOS. Although there are some workarounds such as creating text file with the character code UTF8 or opening the text file a notepad, the default character code of Windows notepad is set as ANSI, so it might…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable to change the display size of images freely in OneDrive App for iOS devices.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名): iOS 端末の OneDrive アプリの画像表示について

Enable to change the display size of images freely in OneDrive App for iOS devices.

■Description(内容): iOS 端末の OneDrive アプリにて 画像の表示が小さく多くのファイルが表示されるようになったが、小さすぎて解り難いため、以前のように大きい画像表示ででいくつかのファイルを確認できるように選択する機能を搭載してほしい。

Currently, the display size of images in OneDrive App for iOS devices had changed into smaller size which shows many small images on the display, however, it is too small to see. In the display as before, a small number of images were displayed with a larger size.
    Therefore, I hope the feature will be implemented to change the display size of images freely.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add the feature "Show photos from..." in the iOS Version

in the web version of One Drive there's a setting called "Show photos from..." and I can choose between "All folders" and "Pictures Folder".

In the iOS version this feature is missing. So when I scroll through my Photos in the iOs app I see all my pics mixed with pics from Document folders, so it gets really confusing crowded and convoluted. It's just unusable like this

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Favourite

Most of other cloud services can provide a feature:
    I can put a star or favourite on some folders and files
    Which help managing data a lot

Pls...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Photos view to be restricted to certain folders

Right now when you click the Photos tab/section in OneDrive for iOS it shows image files from all over my OneDrive storage. I would like the ability to limit the Photos tab to only show photos from (for example) my camera roll folder.

I have auto upload set for iOS Photos so my OneDrive space becomes my defacto camera roll and long term history. It would be nice to get the Photos tab to act like this.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Photo Tab Jump Lists

Please enable jump lists for dates similar to Photos app In windows 10. This is a much more efficient way to navigate, and will bring a consistent experience to the app

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to use HTML text files

Hello Microsoft.

It would be a nice feature if OneDrive could use HTML text files in a way where the links and fonts prescribed inside the document actually work.

I create HTML files as a way to organize lyrics to all of my music without having to search the web every time. The only way I can view the file via iOS is by saving the HTML files to Apple's Notes app. It would be far more convenient to view it directly from the OneDrive app like I do all of my other documents.

Sincerely,

A dedicated consumer

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS