OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Browsing and getting more options for searching a file with similar/lengthy name in OneDrive

Hello. I use OneDrive on a regular basis and I am very happy with it. I do have a suggestion. I find it very difficult to find the correct file I want in directories that contain many long named files, particularly if they have similar names. I would suggest, if there is not already a way, that it be made possible to see the complete file name. This would be for iOS and android version of onedrive app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to be able to do a quick search for text in any file that I open in the Personal Vault file viewer. Particularly on iOS and Android.

After unlocking Personal Vault and clicking on a text file it is loaded into a viewer which I assume is part of the One Drive App. Either as a long point hold on the screen or in the elipsis menu a Search box would allow quick finding of any text in the file. This saves having to open in another App which is problematic anyway because it may break the re-encryption process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. マークアップ

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリの PDF のマークアップ機能について
    Additional saving feature at PDF markup for OneDrive apps

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリの PDF のマークアップ機能にて、ワンクリックでスタンプを押下する機能の実装を希望します。

現在、特定の画像をワンクリックで貼り付けできる機能は実装されているが、スタンプを毎回画像として貼り付ける必要があるため、手間がかかる。

そのため、スタンプをワンクリックで貼り付けできる機能の実装を希望いたします。

I would like to implement the PDF markup function spray of the OneDrive app and the function of stamping with one click.

Currently, a function that allows you to paste a specific image with one click is implemented, but it takes time because it is necessary to paste the stamp as an image every time.

Therefore, we would like to implement a function that allows you to paste stamps with a single click.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rename using local capture date, not UTC

Renaming the photos upon upload using the capture date and time is a great feature. However, it's rendered useless in my eyes if it uses the UTC rather than the actual local time / date the photo was taken. Dropbox can do it, I'm sure OD can do this, too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Separate permissions for business OneDrive from personal OneDrive

I have had big issues with personal OneDrive, whereby I was unable to share copies of files saved in it into the native IOS Mail app, WhatsApp.., with the exception of the Outlook App. After 2 weeks of back and forth with Microsoft's engineers, it turns out that if you have your work OneDrive on your IOS device, then it controls your personal OneDrive as well, and the same restrictions applicable to your work OneDrive apply to the personal one, which doesn't make sense at all. The permissions on these two need to be distinct and separate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Live Photos for OneDrive for Business accounts

Like many others I run a home-based business so must use Office 365 for Business, but the OneDrive for Business doesn't currently support Live Photos like the personal one does. I see no reason to add my photos to OneDrive without this ability and it doesn't make financial sense to purchase a 2nd OneDrive account just to get this ability when I can just increase the iCloud space for less than OneDrive and leave them where they are.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive to upload only new photos

I switched from old to new iPhone. I have my photos backing up on iCloud as well as had the onedive photo upload feature on, in my old phone. Now when I turn on onedrive photo upload in my new photo, it uploads all my old photos as well (which came to my new phone via iCloud).

I want Onedrive to upload only new photos from the date I specify.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Upload

After uploading, keep the confirmation message of success or failure on screen until the user clicks it away. Please add this as optional. It would be very useful for users with poor network performance. At present the success or failure of uploads is a brief message lasting about 1-2 seconds. If one misses this message it is uncertain if the upload succeeded or not, the only way is to go to OneDrive and check if the files are there or not.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tax Day notifications

Please add an option to turn off Tax Day notifications. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sugestão de Melhoria

Good Morning.

There are four suggestions for improving experiences using the OneDrive mobile app:

1 - Allow edits to be made simultaneously

2 - Send notifications within the application for edits made to a file or document

3 - Include access restrictions that do not allow a user to delete an edition in a document. For example: in a PDF file for signatures, that he can make his signature but that he cannot delete a previous signature (today this is possible)

4 - Finally, if the first is not possible, let them know that there is someone with the document…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mailanhänge in OneDrive öffnen

Es sollte möglich sein, Mailanhänge auf mobilen Geräten zu öffnen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Re-Upload Deleted Photos

Currently, if photos are deleted on OneDrive, they are not re-uploaded automatically, or by refreshing the photos page. The app should recognize that the photos have been deleted and re-upload them.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have an option to use object eraser rather than pixel eraser

The current implementation of the eraser markup tool in OneDrive uses a pixel eraser which only erases a certain area. I would like to see the option to switch to an object eraser that deletes whole annotation objects. For instance, I would like to be able to erase highlights but not the text.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Undo when viewing PDFs

When viewing a PDF, it is possible to select and move annotations. Unfortunately, the current version of OneDrive does not have an undo button when viewing. Undo is only available when editing a PDF but not viewing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include Geotag info with photos in OneDrive iOS app

This info is included with photos on the web, but it is not transferred over into the iPhone app. It would be helpful to do so, and then to allow map views and sorting on this info.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Taking multiple images within the app prior to upload

Selecting the camera function only currently allows one image at a time, would be nice to be able to take multiple (bim360 allows up to 10 per upload) prior to upload.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Downloading files on Chrome or Edge on iPad OS

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    iPad OS にてChrome, Edge でのファイルのダウンロード機能の実装を要望いたします。
    Downloading files on Chrome or Edge on iPad OS

■Description(内容):
    iPad OS にてSafari ではファイルのダウンロードが可能ですが、Chrome, Edge ではダウンロードボタンを押下しても反応がない。
    Chrome , Edge でもダウンロードが可能になるよう機能の実装を要望いたします。

It’s possible to download files using Safari on iPad OS, but if you push the download button on Chrome or Edge, nothing happens.
    Please make it possible to download on these browsers, too.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. live

Live Photos - upload new default photo.

With live photos, the picture is backup. But, if the photo is blur, I use the live functionality to select the clear one in iOS. Onedrive only backup the initial blurred one, not the new one. And impossible to "force" an update on the photo.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Capture Passport portrait photos into Onedrive

In addition to Document, Whiteboard, Business Card and Photo, please add in a passport photo option so as to align, capture and resize passport photos. there are already existing apps in iOS, but none integrated into onedrive
    Example:
    https://apps.apple.com/sg/app/passport-photo/id759142884

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories