OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Auto renaming of the copied files is annoying.

Onedrive as other cloud services would be mainly used to free up mobile storage.

Tried to copy files from mobile to onedrive. The process was slow. But the most annoying is onedrive auto renamed all the copied files with appending date and time stamp.

Note it is talking about a few hundred of files, hence the users have to rename each of the copied file if he or she would like to revert the file to the original names.

The above issues had been reported to MS C S and I was advised that it was a designed behaviour.

The…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto black and white default setting

Have a setting to make the black and white filter the default mode when scanning documents.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Scanning feature creates smaller files/option to choose resolution

Love the scanner feature, but not that the docs it creates are huge eg a 3 page black and white doc (very little text) scans into a 2.84 MB file. Same doc in Notes scanner is 812kb but even that is too big for some upload sites. A “normal” 3 page pdf would be a lot smaller…. Can we have some options please?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Logfile or other improvements in observability

Other than looking at the UI, there is no way to see what is syncing or what has synced. Please add a log file or other mechanism for human and machine readable history of operations

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AUDIT like BOX for shared drives (security and insides)

Create an visual and easy inside and a report (audit module of one drive)
    Who give insides about the shared folder and historic views, downloads overwrite , …
    Who viewed on which date.

For own safety and insides for if you have an audit.(company)

SEE upload example how this works on BOX

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Backup original size photos and videos

Automatically download optimized photos and videos from iCloud when backup onto OneDrive, or only backup photos of original size.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Clean up space on your device" is not available on iOS / iPadOS?

"Clean up space on your device" is available on Android (as you can see from the screenshot) but its not available on iOS / iPadOS? Can we please add this to the app so we can use it in our Education related deployment (using MDM)? Right now we can't deploy the app because there is no automatic way to remove backed up photos.

BTW this feature is available on Google Photo also, its called "Free up space". We're trying to NOT go down the Google Photo path if we can.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I do not want to enable "Automatic camera upload" I have turned it off but it is still prompting me to enable it which I do not. If I click

I do not want to enable "Automatic camera upload" I have turned it off but it is still prompting me to enable it which I do not. If I click on it mistakenly it starts to upload again.

Enable this feature.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. True MultiWindow Support and Cursor Support (Right click Actions) on iPad

there is no proper multi window support on the OneDrive app, which really is a bummer. I can’t open a new window by itself by dragging up from the dock. Nor can I open folders or files other than Office files. This is really limiting and majorly hinders the experience.

Furthermore, there is no proper mouse clicks support. I can’t right click on the files and folders to get additional options like I can in the office apps. This is really annoying to be honest. Now with cursor support that launched with iPadOS 13.4, I use my iPad with the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. True MultiWindow Support and Cursor Support (Right click Actions) on iPad

there is no proper multi window support on the OneDrive app, which really is a bummer. I can’t open a new window by itself by dragging up from the dock. Nor can I open folders or files other than Office files. This is really limiting and majorly hinders the experience.

Furthermore, there is no proper mouse clicks support. I can’t right click on the files and folders to get additional options like I can in the office apps. This is really annoying to be honest. Now with cursor support that launched with iPadOS 13.4, I use my iPad with the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Two-page pdf view for iOS

Bigger Ipad Pro in horizontal mode has plenty of room for two pages. I use Ipad with music notes and also sometimes annotate pdfs with pencil. Missing two-page view is the biggest deficiency in Onedrive for iOS.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change App icon

The One Drive icon is extremely similar to the iCloud Drive icon. Would help if it would easily distinguishable

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. No deleting of existing items

Once you download your items from your phone to one drive make it where they will remain on one drive even if you delete them from your phone. What is the sense of downloading things to one drive to store things if you can't delete the files from your phone any ways afterwards to save space on your phone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Global setting for every folder’s default view and sort options

Hello. I like to always view my OneDrive folders in details view sorted by name. It’s very annoying to keep having to change this for every new folder because the defaults are different.

I think there should be a global default setting for every folder, new or existing, that could be set to each user’s preferences.

Then, as is already possible, each separate folder could have its own view settings, but I find it very annoying to have a default status which is not what I want.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Free up storage space (have the options to delete photos from camera roll after import)

Just like OneDrive for Android and Google Photos for both platforms, free up the space after import!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pin files to the home page.

I would like to be able to pin a file to the home page on the app (or better yet, pin the file to the iOS Home Screen). For my particular use case, I have a digital (PDF) copy of a textbook that I need readily available without needing 20 clicks to find.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)