OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. PDF Tool

The PDF Tools (the mark up tool, bookmark and annotation tabs) worked extremely well before the latest update. The upgrade has removed a lot of the functionality that existed - a moveable tool bar, easy to find pages that were either bookmarked or annotated, the ability to draw straight lines with ease, etc.

The current pdf viewer and tools seem to be retrograde and make the process of working on pdfs MUCH slower.

245 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Favorite files

I would like to have a favorite folder where I can store random favorite files in it similar to what is available in Google Drive. I would also like you to see what features that Google Drive has that you don’t have, like file color, favorite file and many more. I’m about to switch to Google Drive like many of my friends did, but I’m a little more patient than them. So please add more features a beat them, otherwise many of us will switch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Signature

The signature editor gives currently two signing options: manual signature or using an existing image. The first problem I encounter is that, when I choose to sign using an existing image, the file doesn't fit in the signature box and as consequence the signature get cropped out. Second minor problem is that I can only use images saved in my phone camera roll an not in OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Signature

When signing a pdf document the signature superimposes with a full background hiding the text underneath

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Line smoothing should be able to be disable

I like to use onedrive to keep my documents because it helps saving storage space. But when I take notes directly on my document, hand-written words are straighten and look weird and sometimes illegible.
    It’s different when I write on various apps such as notes or onenote => it looks natural.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding an feature to extract zip files

A must needed feature for extracting zip files into onedrive

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. vous pourriez aller bruler en enfer

aller creuver au diable bande de fdp

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Face ID

Merhaba uygulamada face ID özelligini açamıyorum telefon ayarlarından kontrol ettigimde bu özellik açık gözükmekte ama uygulamada kullanamıyorum

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When deleting photos from my IPhone, there should be an option to automatically delete from OneDrive. I don't want to delete twice!

When deleting photos from my IPhone, there should be an option to automatically delete from OneDrive as well. I don't want to have to go through and delete them twice, especially when I have already analyzed so many photos to decide which are the best. Then I have to go and play match up with OneDrive to see which I have to re-delete.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keep current state of OneDrive app when switching between apps

When switching to a different app (weather it is due to following a popup message or to check information from another app) when returning to OneDrive app, you are thrown back to the initial page.

Why not retain the state of the app so when you come back to what you were doing you do not lose your work.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. One Drive no Office 365

Acredito que a Microsoft deveria permitir que fosse possível gerir os TB disponíveis na assinatura Office 365. Possuo 6 TB de armazenamento no One Drive dividido entre minha família. Contudo, não é possivel que eu gerencie esses 6 TB dentro das contas da minha família. Isso é um absurdo pois não tenho autonomia sobre o produto que comprei.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Attach files without deactivating password option

While using the iOS email app we are unable to attach files stored in Onedrive if onedrive is password protected. This is quite inconvenient as removing the password protection dilutes the security of Onedrive app. I feel its important that we are able to attach files from onedrive even when onedrive is password protected.
    Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to save in jpg, rather than just heic

The upgrade takes away the useful feature of saving files in jpg mode. Please can we have it back as a setting option?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unlock with Face ID instead of using passcode

Onedrive should give the user the option to access the app with Face ID on iPhones supporting the feature.
    We're too lazy for passcodes. Should be easy to implement.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Opening and Editing Office documents such as Word, Excel from the Files App

Files sometimes wouldn't open and would get stuck on 'loading' or would give an error. Also when working for example on an Excel spreadsheet, if I open it through the files app the Excel application treats it as a different file and any changes done does not reflect the same file on OneDrive. Errors pop up and everything is confusing. It somehow messes it all up. On the Excel application "Recents" tab, when I try to open a file I could see the same spreadsheet twice, one has a source of OneDrive the other has a source of Files. Only…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Default setting for sorting the files in the photo folder

I would like to have the option to be able to change the default setting from « sort by date » to « sort by name » in my photo folder instead of having to fix each subfolder individually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve OneDrive markup tools for iPad

The markup tools in OneDrive for iPad needs dramatic improvements. The handwriting quality is very poor, and often misses parts of letters. Compare the smoothness of other PDF editing and markup tools, such as Notability or even the native iPadOS markup tools to see the difference.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "Avatar icon" to Help page, "What do the OneDrive icons mean?"

A OneDrive support person answered a question of mine and referred to the "Avitar icon". I did not know what this was. I found the "What do the OneDrive icons mean?" web page https://support.office.com/en-us/article/what-do-the-onedrive-icons-mean-11143026-8000-44f8-aaa9-67c985aa49b3 but it does not explain "Avatar icon". Please add it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base