OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. For the pride, occasion, why is it only available to “personal” accounts? Why not EVERYONE? That just doesn’t make sense.

For the pride, occasion, why is it only available to “personal” accounts? Why not EVERYONE? That just doesn’t make sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apple Pencil

I would like more integration of the Apple Pencil with OneDrive. I would like to tap the pencil and have it switch between a writing tool and an eraser. I am currently highlighting documents and would like the switching option.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Keep properties attached to jpeg files

All jpeg files have date taken, author, comments etc attached to the photo. Then you upload to cloud and you can not see them anymore. In comments is where all whereabouts and people in photo would be. So this detail is then lost. What good is that? Please retain in cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Behavior when uploading photos to the OneDrive app

After taking a photo with the pre-installed camera app on an iPhone, opening OneDrive and tapping the + on the top right of the screen, and uploading the file saved on that device, the file is uploaded with the name set to the UTC time.
    Since there is no function on the iPhone pre-installed camera to set the time zone, this can’t be changed to Japan Standard Time.
    Please change the functionality so that it follows the time zone set in OneDrive for Business when uploading.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Video name when we’re watching one

It would be great to have on that top bar the name of the video we’re watching. Right now, if we want to know the name of the video we have to click on those three dots, and then “details”. I’ve made green arrows to show the top bar I’m talking about and red arrows to show the actions we have to perform in order to have access to the name of the file. I’m using an iPad but on iPhone it works the same

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IOS phone Saving attachments to OneDrive

I use an iOS phone and was always able to open email attachments and save directly to one drive using the app. It’s now asking me to sign into at least one account every time so I am not able to save in one step. This is very inconvenient, I hope Microsoft is looking into this and resolves it in the near future as currently it is unsatisfactory

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set B&W Filter as Automatic for Scanning

Dropbox refugee here... Dropbox lets you scan documents and have it default to black & white -- smaller file size and good for faxing. Is there any way OneDrove could let you pick your default scan filter?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. view everything in list mode

always view everything in list mode

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add new .txt files in app

Add the option in the iOS app to create and edit new .txt-files.
    This can just be added from OneDrive on web, please add this function to iOS app also.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Upload options

Hi,
    I lack the feature to upload to the same folder in Onedrive as previous uploaded destination. In order to make it easier to find different files, we make folder structures. It would be better if you could choose the previous folder as an option to upload to, in Onedrive. Now you have to start over every time from the Onedrive root folder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create an option to change item view globally

On the iOS app, files and folders are displayed in a grid format by default. You can change the display to a vertical list format, but you must do it manually for each subfolder.
    Please consider creating an option to change the view from grid to vertical list globally across all files, folders, and areas.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow shared media to be sorted by creation date

Please allow sorting of photo and video files by the meta created date.

When sharing a folder of photos and videos, the recipient is unable to sort the media by the meta date created. In the "Photos" area, photos and videos are ordered properly.

What's worse is that if I add a new user to the sharing settings of a folder, the entire folder and all files have their last updated time stamp changed, which messes up the order of all the media if sorting by newest.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. always show "Date Taken" field

many files (like .MP4 & .PNG) are showing only "Date Created" field but this is useless and irritating for users, we need the "Date Taken" field showing always

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It needs some form of feedback just to let users know what it has done, is doing or will do later. Users are unsure what’s happening.

I seem to have plenty of storage at1 TB so why does system seem unable to upload all my photos. It keeps stopping for no apparent reason and it means I cannot be sure what has been saved and what is still pending. It’s like having a filing system with no control. It’s unclear why files are not being uploaded , I just get a message to say it’s stopped. Then it will randomly uploads newer files but makes no attempt to catch up with earlier photos that it has missed. There is no manual override that I can find…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My lost photos and shrinkage of my space on 'Onedrive' from 15GB to 5GB

I am user of Microsoft for many years and my userID is 'phbharadia@hotmail.com'
    I am also for a long time participating in 'Onedrive',two days before I opened and signed my userID as above with right Password and and was given new userID
    'phbharadia@outlook.com',when opened it with the same Password,it did open and when I was looking for my photos I lost my many photos,and allotted 5GB
    space,my previous old photos were lost,I don't know how to retrieve them,and
    also lost space allotted me under my old userID 'phbharadia@hotmail' which was 15GB, so what has happened and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Separate Camera upload application with editing options.

I think a separate Photo application for mobile devices will help a lot to organise things, with additional features like photo editing and direct camera functions. I don't like the way all the photos i have in onedrive shows in one place including camera uploads and documents and any random pictures,Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base