OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Duplicate Photo Cleanup

Organize photos into onedrive in various ways, but some of them are duplicates. Hope you can filter the same files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Backup photos that make storage

Backup Photos that save storage

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Do not go to go home screen

Upon starting OneDrive app on my iPad it automatically go to Home screen. Most of the time I don't want it to go to Home screen. I want to be at the screen where I left of last time I used oneDrive. For example if I was looking at one PDF file opened and come back later on I want that PDF file to be opened on the page I was looking at. The dropbox does this already and that is the main reason I still use dropbox. The OneDrive just goes to Home screen which is kinda dumb.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. move files between directories.

i can not move a file up a directory level. When i drag a file to the upper left corner like i did on older versions the icon turns into a "onedrive" icon and the opens a preview in split screen instead of moving into the directory above it. I'd even be happy w/ a work around at this point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create Planner tasks for "scanned" documents in OneDrive app

The document, whiteboard and business card scanning functionality of the OneDrive iOS app is awesome. As of now one can use the functionality to upload those scans to various OneDrive and SharePoint Online/ Teams folders.
    Adding the option to create a new planner task or link the scan to an existing planner task would be great. Similar to the functionality available in office lense but all in one place, with no need for an additional app (lense) that has to be cleared by ISEC and others.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to change personal vault inactivity lock duration in app.

As of now, there is no way to change how long Your Personal Vault stays unlocked in the iOS application from the default 3 minutes. It would be really useful to have the option to set this to stay open longer for users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. picture "sort order"

Hi folks, using OneDrive from yesterday on to save my picture albums and I noticed that the "sort order" on IPhone 11 Pro is different than on Win10. Would be great to have both the same (as on Win10)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. User setting to set upload/download speed (controlling bandwidth)

The desktop client for Windows/MacOS has a network setting where you can set the upload and download rate. In iOS there is no setting, so assume it’s trying to use 100% all the time. Problem is that if you are trying to sync large files for offline use (eg video) you have no way to control the rate which potentially affects other devices/network activity. Having a way to set the upload/download rate would improve user experience and control.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sync Individual Photo Albums to Team-Site

It would be great to be able to sync individual photo albums from my iPhone to folders on my team site/OneDrive. I use my phone for work and personal use, and I don't want to share my personal photos to my team-site - which would happen if I chose to auto-upload photos.

I already have separate albums for work related photos as a construction manager, and it is a pain to individually upload those photos. It would be a lot easier to be able to sync these albums to my team-site

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add full compatibility in photos for .heic files. Enable thumbnails/preview and full size viewing.

Add full compatibility in photos for .heic files. Enable thumbnails/preview and full size viewing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop Photos from showing all the album art in Onedrive/Music. I'm seeing pages and pages of album art mixed in with my pictures.

Add a config to select which folders are used in Photos. By default it should just be Onedrive/Pictures.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Markup breaks my PDF

With extensive testing I have found that using markup with OneDrive app on iOS, regardless if I use the straight markup or signature method, makes the form field data unreadable. In Edge, Chrome, even Windows preview I can still see the entered data, but when I use any Adobe product after signing and open the PDF the form fields are not visible any longer.

This doesn’t happen on Android I’ve found.

I was waiting for an update that would fix this, but can wait no longer, as many many people use Adobe to modify PDF files.

We need these signatures,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Highlighting new or updated files in shared folders

It would be great if we can see which files are new or updated by other people in shared folders.
    Maybe with a small flag on the thumbnail or a different colored file name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 800 ลบกวนแก้เมลนี้ให้เราที เราเจอแฮกไปขอบคุณครับ

โดนแฮกเฟส แฮกเมล เข้าไม่ได้เลย ขอลบกวนด้วยครับ ขอร้องละคับหมดวิธีแล้ว
    เมลนี้ที่โดนแฮก
    Jamemi1234567@hotmail.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 800 ลบกวนแก้เมลนี้ให้เราที เราเจอแฮกไปขอบคุณครับ

โดนแฮกเฟส แฮกเมล เข้าไม่ได้เลย ขอลบกวนด้วยครับ ขอร้องละคับหมดวิธีแล้ว
    เมลนี้ที่โดนแฮก
    Jamemi1234567@hotmail.com

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show videos in correct order on IOS app.

When videos are uploaded the "date created" property is used to order the videos. Having just moved from another cloud storage it now means all of my videos (which are correctly labelled with date taken / modified / media created) all appear on the day they were uploaded to onedrive. Having ten years worth of videos all showing as February 2020 is ridiculous. Given how easy it is to chose fields to sort by in Explorer is it really too much to ask to broaden the Sort Fields in the app?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tiltmeter and Gridlines on Document Scanning

Add a tiltmeter and gridline on the document scanning interface to help minimizing distortion when taking the photo and helping to centralize the document. While the document recognition, cropping and distortion removal does a good job on removing perspective distortion and uncentered documents, these features would help minimizing any quality loss due to these corrections and maximizing the document size on the frame to ensure maximum quality on the photo.

The video attached shows a screen capture on a photography app with these features, for demonstration purposes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base