OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Editing Text files from IOS and Andriod Onedrive application

Well , we have had enough of this issue and the one feature that we miss even today is Ability to edit Text files with in the OneDrive IOS and Android applications.Till date we had only the preview feature where we can just view the text files..But In-order to modify the contents of the Text file we have to download it offline and have to upload it again with necessary modifications using some third party editor which is quite a hassle and multi-touch process which also requires some techie knowledge.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preciso recuperar meus arquivos de 2016 que o próprio OneDrive apagou.

Meus arquivos, fotos e vídeos de 2016 foram apagados pelo OneDrive. Não os encontrei na lixeira, pois não fui eu quem apagou.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Persist the selected photos (which ones are actively selected) AFTER the share action is complete.

When choosing one or more photos from the native iOS photos app, then SHARING them to OneDrive, please persist the selection (which photos were actively selected) after the upload is complete. Other apps in the Share Sheet handle it this way, which is IDEAL since my next activity is almost always to delete the photos (and it's SUPER ANNOYING to have to go and reselect all of them).

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BUG - Recent Items not sorted on iOS

The Recent tab is sorting in random order and not in chronologic order, it must be a bug!

Just like on the "Files" tab, have a dropdown list with different options.
    Or introduce similar Recent page as we know from iOS for Word, Excel, etc

Right now the Recent tab is useless in OneDrive for iOS

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to change or remove password protection on a document

Need a way to change or delete password for files on iPad. Al

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 中国大陆地区访问速度优化

中国大陆地区 onedrive 访问效率低,请尽快优化,以便更好的使用。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 在移动文件到其他文件夹的时候,我希望你们可以把移动的框改成全屏选择。第二个,所有页面的视图不一样,希望添加默认视图。

我在移动文件到其他文件夹的时候,就会出现那个移动的框在上下的跳动,我希望你们可以把移动的框改成全屏选择。第二个,所有页面的视图不一样,这样使人有强迫症,希望添加默认视图。(The following word is the translation what I talking about in Chinese, which may help foreign stuff.The first problem is that the windows will jump up and down when I move a file to another place.Next,I think that the way to show my file/folder are different in different locations,please add a set way.Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ordering of photos in folders on OneDrive

When I put photos into folders on OneDrive, they are arranged in a random sequence. I am told that it is impossible to manually reorder them. I would like the ability to do that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New icons

Please update the bottom nav bar icons to the new icons like on the Android version / Outlook App, these don’t match the rest of the product line

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Set B&W Filter as Automatic for Scanning

Dropbox refugee here... Dropbox lets you scan documents and have it default to black & white -- smaller file size and good for faxing. Is there any way OneDrove could let you pick your default scan filter?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ignoring a folder

I have a folder with a lot of nested folders and quite a number of files in it. I certainly do not want to completely pause syncing with my OneDrive, but for regular routine syncing, it's rare for me to update those folders anyway. I like having them in OneDrive, but I would also love the ability to ignore that folder in day to day syncing, and have the opportunity perhaps once a month update the files within it. The only reason I care is because when I save a simple, 150 KB Excel file somewhere in my active folders,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Drawing in notes

Hello I would like to make a suggestion. When editing a document in OneDrive (with the app), you are able to draw on the document itself or add a note in which you can type. I think it’d be good to be able to add a note in which you can draw, so that it wouldn’t take up space in the document.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When OneDrive app is downloaded for first time on iPhone, it requires the app to be constantly running to upload. Background upload would be

When OneDrive is downloaded for first time on iPhone and camera back up is turned on, it requires app to be constantly running to upload, which is very irritating as iPhone keeps on going to sleep and needs to be turned on again and again. There should be an option so that OneDrive backs up pics and videos in the background as long as Wi-Fi is available.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please let me turn off "Relive some memories for this day"

I’m getting too many notifications with OneDrive. I keep getting “Relive some memories from this day” on my iPhone. Curious that I don’t get this on my iPad. I know that I can turn off notifications for OneDrive in iOS but I want to be able to turn off this specific notification and have notifications on in case something important comes up in OneDrive.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Renommer un dossier « Éléments partagé(e)s »

À ce jour il est impossible de renommer un dossier partagé depuis l’application IOS.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. iOS Low data mode

Please respect Apple’s Low Data Mode. You should not auto-upload photos when the WiFi network is set to Low Data Mode.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hide Delete Button. It's too close to other buttons

Delete Button is too close to other buttons at bottom bar and, specially on Android, the BACK button also. It's uncomfortable to use thinking we can delete a photo by mistake.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Save to Libraries from iOS action/share menu

Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but I can’t find a way to save an image or file in the “share” menu of other apps directly to a shared library. Instead, I have to save it to my individual OneDrive for business then move it once I’m at a computer. I am only able to move files between folders not libraries in the iOS app. Could this be an org permission issue or is this just not possible with the app at the moment?

See attached. After choosing OneDrive the only options are my folders, not one of the many libraries…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow us to preview office files via OneDrive app for iOS

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    iOS 版 OneDrive アプリで、Office ファイルのプレビュー画面が表示されない
    Allow us to preview office files via OneDrive app for iOS

■Description(内容):
    iOS 版 OneDrive アプリを使用し、 OneDrive for Business 上の Office ファイルを選択し、[詳細] 画面を開いた際に、画面上部にプレビュー画面が表示されない。"詳細" 画面を開いた際に上部にプレビュー画面が表示されるよう、機能の改善をお願いします。

I would like to preview files from OneDrive app for iOS > Choose Office files from OneDrive for Business > click “details” button. Even I click “details” button, preview screen is not displayed.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base