OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. iPadOS 15 files widget

Please add a large widget where users can select specific folders or recent files to display on their home screen. See for example, the Files widget in iPadOS 15.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send a file via iMessage

Please have the share by iMessage button actually send the file (any file type) through iMessage instead of creating a link. It's a very sneaky way to assign access rights you may not want.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Only upload specific albums

OneDrive for iOS tries to upload all my photos. This is dumb because it uploads all my wallpapers too. Not everything in gallery is a photo. Allow us the option to upload only certain albums, or exclude specific albums (like a Wallpaper album).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Force OneDrive to update a folder or directory

OneDrive takes incredibly long to update folder contents on the iOS app. I added a file and changed an existing file 36 hours ago and the folder still hasn't been updated on my app. Pulling down on the screen doesn't actually update the folder.

My feature suggestion is that MS update the app so pulling down on the folder actually queries the cloud, compares the contents of the two folders, and updates accordingly. Right now, it simply doesn't do this. The folders take days to update - the only way to get it to work faster is to delete the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show in folder enclosing

Upon viewing a file competing platform allows me to reveal that file in enclosing folder—it is very handy if I found the file, I can see the file, but still I don't know where it is in my OneDrive (and I have thousands on files in the cloud, so finding that one is not a trivial task).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve OneDrive file searching in the iOS Files app.

Improve OneDrive file searching in the iOS Files app. Whenever, I search for a OneDrive file from the home screen or from the iOS Files app, it shows no results. I know the issue is not on Apple’s part, because searching for other services, such as Google Drive and iCloud Drive, have no issues at all. Please fix the search functionality for OneDrive in the iOS Files app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. provide switch to turn off handwriting prediction

I really enjoy using OneDrive on my iOS device. It allows me to read and annotate files anytime, anywhere. Thank you very much for providing an app with such an outstanding user experience.

When using pencil for handwriting annotations, the handwriting prediction and correction provided by default cannot be turned off. Maybe it can provide good correction when handwriting Latin letters, but the user experience is not good when handwriting Chinese characters.

Therefore, I suggest that the iOS version of OneDrive can provide the function of turning off handwriting prediction or correction. Thank you again for your efforts in this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tags

Bring back the ability to create Tags
    Bring back the ability to drag your finger along multiple images when uploading from photos to onedrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hide photos from hidden folders in photo view

While searching for options to hide certain folders from the photo view and the 'On this day' view I came accross this one https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913519-onedrive-on-ios/suggestions/10517139-exclude-folders-from-all-photos-view
    That's the 3th most voted request here.
    In a test I placed photos in a hidden folder on my Mac. A folder name starting with a .
    Guess what? The photos appeared in the app. That should not be the case, hince the hidden folder.
    Please add options to control which folders are shown.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Photo Frame Slide show for ipad

I have several old ipads and rather than letting it sit around doing nothing, I have been able to use it to show photos from my google photo via an app, Live Frame. The problem was Liveframe do not support OneDrive, which cause me to download photos to Google Photo so that Liveframe can fetch it from the server. This is too much problem to do this. It will be really nice if OneDrive can have a built in display slideshow app where it can draw photos from my OneDrive pictures. Look forward to this happening.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Browsing and getting more options for searching a file with similar/lengthy name in OneDrive

Hello. I use OneDrive on a regular basis and I am very happy with it. I do have a suggestion. I find it very difficult to find the correct file I want in directories that contain many long named files, particularly if they have similar names. I would suggest, if there is not already a way, that it be made possible to see the complete file name. This would be for iOS and android version of onedrive app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to be able to do a quick search for text in any file that I open in the Personal Vault file viewer. Particularly on iOS and Android.

After unlocking Personal Vault and clicking on a text file it is loaded into a viewer which I assume is part of the One Drive App. Either as a long point hold on the screen or in the elipsis menu a Search box would allow quick finding of any text in the file. This saves having to open in another App which is problematic anyway because it may break the re-encryption process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. マークアップ

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリの PDF のマークアップ機能について
    Additional saving feature at PDF markup for OneDrive apps

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリの PDF のマークアップ機能にて、ワンクリックでスタンプを押下する機能の実装を希望します。

現在、特定の画像をワンクリックで貼り付けできる機能は実装されているが、スタンプを毎回画像として貼り付ける必要があるため、手間がかかる。

そのため、スタンプをワンクリックで貼り付けできる機能の実装を希望いたします。

I would like to implement the PDF markup function spray of the OneDrive app and the function of stamping with one click.

Currently, a function that allows you to paste a specific image with one click is implemented, but it takes time because it is necessary to paste the stamp as an image every time.

Therefore, we would like to implement a function that allows you to paste stamps with a single click.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Photos section enhancements

• need to add sorting for photos
      • need proper streaming and preview image of HDR video taken from iPhones
      • photos need filtering option to show only Pictures folder
      • Pictures folder should be indelible and have a unique icon/location/category
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Do not mix pictures of other folders in photo view

Currently, you are showing all kinds of pictures from all folders in the photo view. This is not right. Even Google has made the google photo data separate from google drive. Because you treat data from all folders like photos, your photo folder(Camara roll) shows all screenshots, gif, business pictures, artwork, icons, all **** in this view. Can you please have the option to not include other business folders in photo view when you index photos.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rename using local capture date, not UTC

Renaming the photos upon upload using the capture date and time is a great feature. However, it's rendered useless in my eyes if it uses the UTC rather than the actual local time / date the photo was taken. Dropbox can do it, I'm sure OD can do this, too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Separate permissions for business OneDrive from personal OneDrive

I have had big issues with personal OneDrive, whereby I was unable to share copies of files saved in it into the native IOS Mail app, WhatsApp.., with the exception of the Outlook App. After 2 weeks of back and forth with Microsoft's engineers, it turns out that if you have your work OneDrive on your IOS device, then it controls your personal OneDrive as well, and the same restrictions applicable to your work OneDrive apply to the personal one, which doesn't make sense at all. The permissions on these two need to be distinct and separate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive to upload only new photos

I switched from old to new iPhone. I have my photos backing up on iCloud as well as had the onedive photo upload feature on, in my old phone. Now when I turn on onedrive photo upload in my new photo, it uploads all my old photos as well (which came to my new phone via iCloud).

I want Onedrive to upload only new photos from the date I specify.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Upload

After uploading, keep the confirmation message of success or failure on screen until the user clicks it away. Please add this as optional. It would be very useful for users with poor network performance. At present the success or failure of uploads is a brief message lasting about 1-2 seconds. If one misses this message it is uncertain if the upload succeeded or not, the only way is to go to OneDrive and check if the files are there or not.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 237 238
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base