OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Delete after syncing

For iOS please add the option to delete local file after syncing to onedrive. This feature is very useful and available on the Dropbox app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Camera upload

Camera upload is nice but need way to limit uploading when on wifi only!!! All of my monthly minutes are being used up with this app. What's worse is that it doesn't seem to upload when I am on wifi. It's killing my billing!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. iPhone 6s

Be able to save live pictures

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Open with or send to from camera roll on iPhone

I'm sure I'm the first person to mention this LOL, I don't know if it's an Apple copyright or issue that they don't want to work with you on, but it would be amazingly awesome if I could go into my camera roll on my iPhone like I can on my android device and send pictures directly from my camera roll into one drive. I'm sure you've gotten 1 million request for this and I'm certain that it's something to do that Apple won't let you program or hooked into their operating system. Keep up the good work,
    Thanks again, …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Style

You should make the app a different style or layout for the month to give it a pop or something to say I am here to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Download notification

Drop box does it, would like to see numbers on the app when closed that count down when photos are uploaded so I know when I can delete them from my photo album. Currently I have to keep logging back in and out to see if one drove has finished downloading. On Dropbox, I go about my business and when the badge app icon counts down and hits zero I know all of my photos are done downloading. Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. One drive automatic camera upload

I would like to upload my photos automatically to one drive without opening the app. However in settings is says that one drive requires my location. WHY does the app need my location for automatic camera upload. I would really like it if I could do it without you accessing my location.
    Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Cloud to device

Hi Microsoft team,
    I'm not sure whether this is a thing or not but I think it would be really handy if you could not only back up your documents to the cloud but also copy documents to your device.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. File sharing

When trying to share a file via email a long ugly link is used. It would be preferable if that was auto shortened as it doesn't appear visually appealing.

This request could also apply to the copy link button for a file. This is because sometimes people want to copy these links into pre-existing Mail drafts.

Finally. There should be an option to directly start the email with the link in iOS mail rather than an in-app email screen popping up. This would allow a user to go back in and browse the OneDrive app while composing an email.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Upload photos from my phone app

What the heck, I'm forced to automatically upload my phone pictures in order to transfer?! So annoying!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Picture file full resolution request

Hi,

When I double to zoom in a jpeg file the picture shows pixilated I don't get the full resolution previews.

I hope you can make pictures show at full resolution.

Thanks,
    Anas

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add text file search and edit on iPhone

No search facility to find same word in the file like on WP. No edit feature for txt files from skydrive and no sync. Not much useful without these functions. Don't sleep WAKEUP. At least copy from others.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an outlook folder to one drive so it is easy to get files

It's hard to get all your email files in to one drive so just make them both one

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Long Filenames Visible Please

I desperately need a single-column directory view where I can see my entire file name. Surely I'm not the only person out here using long filenames! Thanks!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Two factor id

I would really like to have two factor identification and finger print options for one drive. Also I want to see how much space I am using and what I have left.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shared folder and file details

On mobile, it would be nice if we could click the small icon stating if a file is shared or not. Currently we can only see this by clicking details and it appears to only be for folders. But what if I have a certain file that I have edit privileges on and view for the rest of the folder, I wouldn't be able to determine this currently unless I clicked each files details in the entire folder, so if I have a lot of files that could take a long time. What would help is a more transparent view…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option for saving files online

Please add option for saving files online so that even when we don't have an internet connection we can view our files online. Be it a document, a pdf, mp3, photos or video.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Exclude Folders from All Photos View

Gents, I believe you have a major problem in the concept of your Photos tab in the OneDrive iOS app. All the photos I have uploaded to my OneDrive into separate and organized folders (over 80gb) are showing on the photos tab. This is insane. It gets extremely slow and very messy. Just as all your competitors do, we should see there only the Camera Roll pictures that are uploaded to OneDrive, and not everything! I have activated the automatic backup of my iPhone photos to OneDrive and guess what? All the photos that are being uploaded are mixed in…

1,580 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    138 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. One Drive app is... Ugly

Ok, this app more often than I like asks me to login again, but what bothers me is the fact that is very very ugly. Come on, it's perfectly possible to do a minimalistic UI that is beautiful. The folders are ugly, the font should be San Francisco and why not give us options to show content in the right when I'm using iPad on landscape.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Outlook iOS update

Can you make your app same as others? Right now, every time I update your app from iTunes Store, your app always ask me to reinput my credentials. This is very inconvenient while I'm traveling. Bank of America app has no problem either from an iOS system restore, or an app upgrade

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base