OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Upload to Onedrive from Photos

I'd like to use the Sharing menu in the iOS Photos app to "Upload a Photo to Onedrive". This is a similar feature provided by Dropbox and Google drive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. offline support

It would be nice to have certain files or folders available for offline use. Especially when the user have a 128gb device.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Blank the screen right after leaving the app

Not sure how to phrase the title better.
    What happens is that the OneDrive app is password protected with Touch ID. When I leave the app and then return to it again after some time, OneDrive takes some time to bring up the Touch ID alert. In the meantime, I am able to see the last screen when I left OneDrive with all the contents visible. My suggestion is to either quickly bring up the Touch ID alert or blank the screen background while we wait for the alert to come on.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rename File on the spot during upload

Sometimes I receive a bill in PDF from my service provider and it's file name is completely alien to me. I would like to have the option to rename it on the spot the same time when I upload it to OneDrive. That would be cool.

Thanks,
    Melvin

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More than one

Could we please have access to more than one onedrive account? Like that in onenote.. I have 2 outlook accounts and get tired of signing in and out to get to my onedrive on iPhone ..
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Photo Editing in OneDrive

If this is to be a serious contender with Apple photos then there needs to be some photo editing tools.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add option to Upload photos when power is connected

As subject, I don't want one drive consuming my battery when uploading, so please add option to allow upload when on power connected

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please introduce action router gestures for file and folders.

Dear team, Thanks a lot for making one drive on iOs accessible. When using voiceover it would be excellent if you can introduce action router elements for delete and share actions at folder and file level.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Loading in background

Is it possible for a update soon that allows us to upload to one drive in the background like having the app on uploading over wifi etc. it's not always easy to batch load and leave my phone on for hrs running on just this app as I have email, messages and other stuff to do

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New option to save a document locally

Could you create an option to allow us to mark a document that would save the document locally, for when times it is needed and you do not have any service. This document would continue to be synced just like all other documents in the cloud.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Geotagging, file names and invalid sort order on iOS

Problems:

a) Furthermore, the file names of the uploaded photos are in GMT time and not in the local time zone (in my case GMT+2/+3 DST).

b) Photos are not sorted in the right order, if Geotagging is enabled. They appear as I they were shot 7+ hours before the actual time.

Solutions:

a) OneDrive Personal accounts should be given the option to change the time zone to the desired one, hence correct file naming will be applied.

b) Geotagging information should be combined with the user-defined time zone and used to show the photos in the right order.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option in iOS app to upload only while charging

There is now an option to upload only while charging in the Android app, but this feature has not been extended to the iOS app. Please implement this on iOS as well.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ios 9 open in place

Support the new "open in place" functionality in iOS 9! This allows other apps to open and save files directly in OneDrive, instead of having to share the file to an external app, edit the file in the external app, and then share the same file back into OneDrive.

For example, if I have a Pixelmator file (.pxm) in the current version of OneDrive, I will have to save a copy of the file to Pixelmator first, then edit the copy in Pixelmator, and then use Pixelmator's share capability to save the copy back into OneDrive.

With "open in place",…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fight with Apple in order to resguard our devices backup instead iCloud.

Why we must paid several cloud services? Apple must integrate third parties in iOS, not only the iCloud service.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow download of files in mobile app

I just wasted the better part of an hour trying to get at a file that I put in OneDrive to be able to edit it on all my devices. The problem was in iOS I can't do anything with the files. I simply wanted to download the file or at least attach it to an email. The file was a .doc and I needed to edit it on my iPad which didn't have an internet connection at the time. If I could have selected the file and send it from my iPhone to my iPad via AirDrop that would…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Selectively upload photo/video with more setting options

I don't need everything to be uploaded to my One Drive. I hope there're options allowing user to choose what there want to upload.
    At the camera roll tab, the app will auto detect all the photo and video in the camera roll and start uploading.

Add more options for user to choose while uploading camera roll.
    1. Before it starts to upload, at the list, (add a pause button) allow user to remove photo/video that they don't want to upload.
    2. Whether user want to upload videos
    3. Upload order, latest-oldest, oldest-latest. (I wanted to sync my latest photos…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OPEN FILES WITH CODE

OneDrive does not open my .xlxs files with passwords. I would love if it was avaliable, so I would not have to put some files in another cloud, that open files with password.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base