OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Make View As List permanent through all Folders

Please make the different view options ( List or Grid ) permanent through all Folders.
    You have it That way on windows and on the Web Version. But iOS does Not have it.
    It‘s annoying to change to „List“ on every Folder I browse...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. search

I would like the ability to search text files. Right now you can open a text file and view it but you cannot search for text within it. Seems like something simple to implement since it's a text file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. App change ONEDRIVE

possibility of connecting two personal accounts in OneDrive app for iOS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Save to onedrive Default folder save

Giving option to save to a default location (along with the ability to choose a folder, which is current functionality)
    It would save a lot of time for files saving on iOS to onedrive.

Similar to current outlook for iso. Save to account all attachments get saved to the attachments folder that is created.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Feature suggestion: love the document scanning function. But: what about adding an option to attach another PDF scan to an existing PDF file

Feature suggestion: love the document scanning function. But: what about adding an option to attach another PDF scan to an existing PDF file? For example: open a file and select “add another page by scan”

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Upload photo in background

I can see below that there is a lot of suggestion concerning upload photos / movies from iOS to OneDrive in the background, even with the OneDrive APP is closed.

This function has worked before I promise. So now it is frustrating that it does not work anymore. As I wrote to your support we as OneDrive users has confidential to Microsoft that you take care of our photos. I do not use iCloud for my photos only OnDrive, so what will happend if I loose my mobile and I not have synced with OneDrive for several days.

I hope…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Open OneNote as web version

As the introduction of desktop class browser of Safari, it would be great to be able to request the editing of OneNote files using the app version or the web version. I've experienced constant crashing of the OneNote app version before and couldn't resolve it until reinstalling the app. This degree of versatility would allow backup solution in a dire situation. Currently if you have the OneDrive app installed, the web version of OneDrive or OneNote will only open the OneDrive app which is convoluted. In addition, the app version of OneDrive could only open the app version of OneNote.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dark Theme for OneDrive in "iOS 12"

Now, the OneDrive APP in iOS 13 supports dark mode, but in iOS 12, it doesn't.
    Hope it supports in iOS 12 soon.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create PDF's also

With IOS-app for iPad I can view and modify PDF, word, excel and powerpoints. I can also push "+" and create word, excel and powerpoint files, but I cannot create PDF's, which is quite in-convenient, in case I want to take hand-written notes and place directly in the folder. Works perfectly with MS-Office files, but really need it do be able to create PDF's directly also - and not just be able to view/modify.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With IOS-app for iPad I can view and modify PDF, word, excel and powerpoints. I can also push "+" and create word, excel and powerpoint file

With IOS-app for iPad I can view and modify PDF, word, excel and powerpoints. I can also push "+" and create word, excel and powerpoints......but I cannot create PDF's directly, which is quite un-handy, in case I want to create hand-written notes and place directly in folder. Works perfect with MS-Office files - but really need to be able to create PDF's directly also.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow PDF markup shapes to be erased

Markup of a PDF can include the addition of shapes (eg square) in addition to pen markup.

However while pen markup can be erased by the eraser tool, shape markup cannot

It would be great to have this ability

This behaviour is seen on iOS OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Compression option for photos while uploading

While uploading a photo in one drive, option for compressing (like selecting a size of photo by manually) may need while priority uploads or during low speed of mobile data. Also it may prevent unnecessary occupancy of cloud by limiting excess file size..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MPEG1 and 2 video filetype please support these media types

I very miss the playback and or streaming function for these older mediatypes. Old video files, 10 to 15 years old video’s have this format.
    Google supports these mpeg version 1 and
    2 media formats Microsoft not. So for cloud storage and playback or streaming of these video files i consider to switch my subscripties from OneDrive to Google Drive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please please please I BEG you: turn off thev"shake to send" PopUp

Shake to send PopUp is so driving me crazy a hundred times a day. I may have tob abandon OneDrivevcompletely

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sort files by created newest (not modified newest)

There is an issue with sorting in iOS app.
    In case of OS app, if select sort by newest, shows picture by newest modified date.
    In case of Web/Android app, if select sort by newest, shows picture by newest created date.
    Since it is cloud service, modified date may change without consumer's intention. Example, cloud server change.
    In that case, the old photos are actually displayed on the top, making it difficult to see. I want it to work the same as Android/Web.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to Tag Files in OneDrive App for Search

In my OneDrive I love search, thank you. I'd like to be able to tag any file in the OneDrive App to be available for searching (i.e. filtering) later. Thank you all!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Open Files immediately in genuine MS APP.

If you opern e.g. an EXCEL or WORD document, I woul appreciate, if it is opened in EXCEL or WORD if these APPs ar installed on my iPhone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)