OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Persist the selected photos (which ones are actively selected) AFTER the share action is complete.

When choosing one or more photos from the native iOS photos app, then SHARING them to OneDrive, please persist the selection (which photos were actively selected) after the upload is complete. Other apps in the Share Sheet handle it this way, which is IDEAL since my next activity is almost always to delete the photos (and it's SUPER ANNOYING to have to go and reselect all of them).

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive on iOS stuck at "Setting things up"

Not an idea, but a bug. On iOS, I uploaded a large number of photos (about 40GB), and since then I constantly see on the phone app "Setting things up". It never progresses from here and it won't upload photos I take from the phone.

Please can someone fix this issue. I see others are having the same problem.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BUG - Recent Items not sorted on iOS

The Recent tab is sorting in random order and not in chronologic order, it must be a bug!

Just like on the "Files" tab, have a dropdown list with different options.
    Or introduce similar Recent page as we know from iOS for Word, Excel, etc

Right now the Recent tab is useless in OneDrive for iOS

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to change or remove password protection on a document

Need a way to change or delete password for files on iPad. Al

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 中国大陆地区访问速度优化

中国大陆地区 onedrive 访问效率低,请尽快优化,以便更好的使用。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 在移动文件到其他文件夹的时候,我希望你们可以把移动的框改成全屏选择。第二个,所有页面的视图不一样,希望添加默认视图。

我在移动文件到其他文件夹的时候,就会出现那个移动的框在上下的跳动,我希望你们可以把移动的框改成全屏选择。第二个,所有页面的视图不一样,这样使人有强迫症,希望添加默认视图。(The following word is the translation what I talking about in Chinese, which may help foreign stuff.The first problem is that the windows will jump up and down when I move a file to another place.Next,I think that the way to show my file/folder are different in different locations,please add a set way.Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ordering of photos in folders on OneDrive

When I put photos into folders on OneDrive, they are arranged in a random sequence. I am told that it is impossible to manually reorder them. I would like the ability to do that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New icons

Please update the bottom nav bar icons to the new icons like on the Android version / Outlook App, these don’t match the rest of the product line

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Set B&W Filter as Automatic for Scanning

Dropbox refugee here... Dropbox lets you scan documents and have it default to black & white -- smaller file size and good for faxing. Is there any way OneDrove could let you pick your default scan filter?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ignoring a folder

I have a folder with a lot of nested folders and quite a number of files in it. I certainly do not want to completely pause syncing with my OneDrive, but for regular routine syncing, it's rare for me to update those folders anyway. I like having them in OneDrive, but I would also love the ability to ignore that folder in day to day syncing, and have the opportunity perhaps once a month update the files within it. The only reason I care is because when I save a simple, 150 KB Excel file somewhere in my active folders,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Drawing in notes

Hello I would like to make a suggestion. When editing a document in OneDrive (with the app), you are able to draw on the document itself or add a note in which you can type. I think it’d be good to be able to add a note in which you can draw, so that it wouldn’t take up space in the document.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hide Delete Button. It's too close to other buttons

Delete Button is too close to other buttons at bottom bar and, specially on Android, the BACK button also. It's uncomfortable to use thinking we can delete a photo by mistake.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let me choose id I want cloud storage or not. Maybe I do not want it, give me an option.

Allow me to have a choice if I want photos sent to cloud storage or not. Let photos be opened by my choice, not forced to have them opened by OneDrive with no other option. Give me back the Windows Live Photo Gallery 90,000+ photos that were cataloged, sorted, placed in specific folders, grouped by content that OneDrive caused to be lost to me. Very distressed by this 90,000+ photo loss. TB

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don't open photos in OneDrive

Let me open photos in Windows Photo Gallery so I can do an immediate edit if I want to. And give me the option to select which I want in the cloud and which I do not. Do not force me to have photos opened by OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. About the “Make Available Offline” control features of the OneDrive mobile app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive モバイル アプリの "オフラインで利用可能" の制御機能について
    About the “Make Available Offline” control features of the OneDrive mobile app

■Description(内容):
    モバイル アプリ版の OneDrive の、オフライン時でもファイルが閲覧可能な状態とできる "オフラインで利用可能" をユーザーに利用させたくない場合に、管理者側、または Intune などの機能で制御できるよう機能の実装をお願いいたします。
    We would like the following feature to be implemented: administrators or features like Intune can restrict use of the OneDrive mobile app’s “Make Available Offline” feature, which allows files to be viewable even when offline, in the case where they don’t want users to use it.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pleass fix the Watermark visibility issue on PDFs on Onedrive

When I view some PDF which contains some sort of watermark, part of the watermark comes in front of the text, while viewing the PDF. This happens when either the PDF is being viewed in landscape mode, or its being zoomed in a little bit. This is really annoying. Please fix it ASAP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Offline files search

The search function only works for the online files, it would be great if while viewing the offline files that the search function would work here too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Move the Apple Pencil Toolbar to the top of the screen

The toolbar that appears in onedrive when using the Apple Pencil is located right where my hand rests when writing. I annotate PDF's in OneDrive a lot and am constantly finding I change pen type by accident and also have found myself adjusting my writing style to avoid this and thus it is not comfortable or natural. If there was a way to move the tool bar into a better position or to just have it at the top of the screen this would completely remove the problem.

I am trying to create a paperless office by swapping paper for…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display the size of other file when downloading a video archive

When I downloaded a video or picture archive file from OneDrive iPad app, its file size was incorrectly displayed as the size of another file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Storage problem on the iPad

Please reduce the use of the storage from my iPad. Isn’t it an online storage platform?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base