OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. easy file sharing

Hello guys, have you ever tried to share a file to anyone that hasn’t an iphone or mac just with one tap? just imagine: choose the content to share, tap the share icons, choose one drive and magically you got an id like a pin or link. you share this link to your friend and he can download the content from any kind of device. what do you think about it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please do not publish updates very often.

Please do not publish updates very often.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. delete photo backup when deleting them from the gallery

I think this application is missing an option to decide if I want to delete the photos from the backup when deleting them from my cell phone gallery.

It is annoying when you synchronize all the photos that are sent to you in whatsapp and when you empty all those photos you realize that they are still in the backup. if my cell phone is stolen and I don't do a manual backup, I will have to delete the onedrive photos again

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. choiccv

용량이 너무 작습니다.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Open Excel files through OneDrive directly - Personal Vault

Open Excel files through OneDrive directly - Personal Vault

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PNG FORMAT can’t be printed from one drive folder

When I go into my files there are PNG formats from scans I’ve uploaded . And when I attempt to print them it won’t allow me to...... So I had to save them to my photo library on iphone and print from there......Why is this not allowing me to print them?

Jan L. Technician —- Actually PNG formats from scans uploaded are unprintable yet. Yes the only option as of now to print them is to save them to the photo library. I am sorry to inform you but that is the limitation of this feature as of now. But…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PDF Annotation - Please re-apply the same quality of annotation that was available in older version 10.34.11

Since version 10.34.11 the quality of PDF annotation has not been to the same standard and any freehand leaves edgy jagged lines (no smoothness to written text) I was told it would be improved but sadly has not - I am satisfied with the facilities currently offered and like it but if you compare it to the previous versions it is inferior - you just need to look at the quality of annotation in Word IOS or OneNote IOS to see the difference in quality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Abrir archivos comprimidos de Zip

Estaria bien que se pudieran abrir archivos comprimidos en Zip

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great if one could add and access other Microsoft accounts like hotmail or outlook from the same one drive application

It would be great if one could add and access other Microsoft accounts like hotmail or outlook from the same one drive application

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Disable PDF Javascript

Please allow an option to disable javascript in PDFs opened in OneDrive.
    This could be a global setting in the OneDrive app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive Mobile App Personal Vault PIN

Requiring an additional PIN to use personal vault via the mobile app is stupid. The results in the personal vault actually needing triple authentication BUT only on the mobile app, making the app more of an inconvenience lol.

Additionally the PIN is not used anywhere else so therefore more likely to be forgotten and cause even more inconvenience.

Just to reiterate how stupid the mobile app PIN (triple authentication) on personal vault is i was able to move the items out of personal vault on my mobile phone using its web browser without using any PIN and just standard 2…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PDF editor gone after restoring my ios and installing onedrive

I had a PDF editor before I restored my iOS. But when I again installed OneDrive then there was no any feature except viewing a PDF only. How this happen please I request you a consider this problem. Because of better PDF editor feature I switch to OneDrive from Google drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Preview not available in Bin

So far, we still cannot preview files inside Bin, so if we're looking for a particular photo and cannot recognise it by name, it's really hard to tell which one you want to bring back, especially if there are many of them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Maps for photos

Maps for photos such like in IOS. Today you se all photos taken on places in a long list, it would be better if all places were placed on a map with zoom in and zoom out filunction

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improved photo searching capabilities

When it comes to searching files, I think OD does a pretty good job. However, photo search is really lacking.

All the photos uploaded have metadata attached to them, and that data should be searchable.

For example, searching for photos by date created (not date uploaded), searching by location (where geotagging info is available), it's a big ask, but facial recognition is available on other platforms and would be a welcome addition here.

The hashtag searching is okay, but it's not sorted well, and if you're like me there are hundreds of hashtags and finding one relevant to what I'm…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sorting of pictures

Would it be possible that the OneDrive app (for iPhone) could display (a map of) picture files according to the sorting order as arranged by the owner.

This should be default, when opening (if available).

Currently only names, sizes and dates apply to sorting, but not "custom" sorting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Upload edited versions of previously uploaded photos so an alternate version is created each time (just like in Google Photos)

Photos that have already been uploaded but which are then subsequently edited on the device, OneDrive should recognise this and upload the new version of the photo. Google Photos does this very well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base