OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Just more explanations

It is hard to understand your steps

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive Photo’s to include Facial Recognition (The same as Windows 10 photo App)

OneDrive on IOS should include the same Facial Recognition as the Photo app on windows 10. This is already offered by your direct competitor ‘Google Photos’ and could be implemented into your mobile apps.

You already have the capability to do it as the Photo app in windows 10 works pretty well, all you need to do is include the capability to have the mobile apps do the same.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Security for Document sharing

When you share a document link to Watsaap or any other app, there should be a mandatory option available to set password and also expiry of the link. Since the option is mandatory, it will add a security. Phones some times hangs and process overlap . Sometime the link you send can go to uni red parties. If you have a password you can still secure documents. In one drive you carry many financial and legal data. Basic security has to be provided to all paid and unpaid users. An app Like one drive should not charge for security of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Security for Document sharing

When you share a document link to Watsaap or any other app, there should be a mandatory option available to set password and also expiry of the link. Since the option is mandatory, it will add a security. Phones some times hangs and process overlap . Sometime the link you send can go to uni red parties. If you have a password you can still secure documents. In one drive you carry many financial and legal data. Basic security has to be provided to all paid and unpaid users. An app Like one drive should not charge for security of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add cancel upload button

I uploaded over 900 files to the wrong folder and the only way to cancel it was to turn off my wifi and mobile data and then cancel them all one at a time. It was not ideal and took a long time.
    It you have a cancel upload button and perhaps a pause upload button that would be great

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Great Photo visualization

The photo visualization could be way better
    - faster load times (prefetch)
    - visualize on a map and places
    - sort by date photo taken (not upload date)
    - visualize by known people
    - date filtering

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The « search » function doesn’t work any longer, neither in my IPHONE 8, nor my PC WINDOWS10

The « search » function doesn’t work any longer, neither in my IPHONE 8, nor my PC WINDOWS10

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to turn off the notification that tells me the app is closed and the camera roll won't be uploading if it's closed.

The ability to turn off the notification that tells me the app is closed and the camera roll won't be uploading if it's closed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Limit Cache Amount

Setting to limit cache amount. Current App's cache becomes too much but cannot remove it. we have cache clear function but doesn't work and finally App stopped.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow searches for files by the date/time uploaded.

Sometimes files get uploaded by various IOS apps. It's hard to know where they went. OneDrive should support searching all folders by the date and time uploaded, not just the name. E.g, Reddit allows saving a jpg to OneDrive, but then you don't know the file name Reddit chose, or where the file went.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have waited the 30 days to be able to have access to my account without restrictions, why am I still not able to have full access to my a.

I just want to have full access to my account, I have waited the 30 days and now I want the restrictions lifted so that I’m able to have full use of this app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Regarding “Shared apps”

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    "共有アプリ" について
    Regarding “Shared apps”

■Description(内容):
    iOS 端末の OneDrive アプリの "共有アプリ" の一覧からアイテムを削除した際は、共有元の OneDrive for Business からアイテムが削除されるが、 "共有アプリ" の一覧からは削除されず表示されたままです。
    iOS 端末の OneDrive アプリの "共有アプリ" の一覧からアイテムを非表示にできるようパフォーマンスの向上を希望します。

If an item is deleted from the list of “Shared apps” on the iOS OneDrive app, the item is deleted from the OneDrive for Business it was being shared with, but it still appears in the list of “Shared apps”. Please make it so that items can be hidden from this list.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Open the last opened document after standby

I use Onedrive for meetings using the Apple Pen. Really great. But there is one annoyance. When the screen goes off, for example when I listen to others talking or when I am talking myself, I have to look up the folder again from the start. It takes a lot of time to plough through my folders 10 times during a meeting.

At first I reported this as a bug as every other app does this, but I am told it is a missing 'feature'

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Different 2step authorization

When you are hacked and they have control over everything, meaning changing your password does not matter, the auth app does not matter, an email, a text. They have acces to all of this. The one thing I have seen work is an authorization card. Looks like credit card, you push the button and a code comes up. Cannot have texting option on it. This has worked in the past for me. When you have hackers who come through “back doors” when you are signed out it still sometimes works. I am desperate for better security, which you keep advertising.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Turn OneDrive on Ipad into a real PDF viewing and editing app like PDF Expert

Microsoft is excellent at the moment at matching and beating other apps. Please do the same for PDF viewing and editing. The current PDF viewer and editor lacks so many features (e.g. horizontal flipping of pages rather than vertical scrolling). Please add all the features PDF Expert has and more! With the security that comes with OneDrive, it would mean using OneDrive as standard as a PDF viewer and editor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display images only from the Images folder.

Have the Photos section display only the images in the Images folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add password feature under “link settings” for shared files on iOS App

Under Link Settings for shared files, you should also allow the adding of passwords just like on the website version. Currently there is only a “Link Expiration” option. Premium users also paid for our shared files to have a password option, so please make it happen not just for the website but also for iOS app! It will be of great convenience. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Onedrive double account

Good morning,
    I have two OneDrive accounts with the same mail, one is personal and the other is corporate. If I log in with one of the two, it precludes me from logging in with the other. Do you think it can be solved?

Thanks
    Angelo

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS