OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Live Photos

With the new iPhone 6s and iOS 9, are there plans to automatically upload the mov file that is created as part of the "live photo". It would be nice to make it an option, similar to how uploading videos is an option. Thanks.

2,866 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

153 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Woongbin Kang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ended up using Prime photos. Prime photos was developed much later but already had Live Photo support.

• Manu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than three years of waiting. I'm starting to think that Microsoft doesn't take the needs of its users seriously. For now, I will continue to use the Google ecosystem.

• jose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, wheeeeeeen is the release? We are waiting for this for more 3 years.

• Philippe Fournier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well. I heard about Bill Gates recently regretting that Microsoft let Android win in the mobile computing market. Apparently, same story is repeated here because Google Photos already support live pictures. "Too little, too late" will be written on Microsoft grave stone...

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ryan, sure just update everybody around every 12 months or so and when we get to a decade going by you can jump up and down for successfully accomplishing nothing!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How much longer do we need to wait? Google Drive supports Live Photos but I do not wish to move to Google for my storage needs. I hope Microsoft will listen to us, SOON!

• Vucan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is getting ridiculous. 4 years and counting for a basic feature.

Can you priorities this please?

• Bruno Toth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost 4 years from the start of thread now, the official response is from 3 years later. OMG Microsoft. Speed it up. Google launched this feature 2 years ago, back in 2017.

• Mac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Synology NAS and use the 'moments' app. Works a treat and you can host your own cloud with Live Photo support. Might come back to Microsoft once live photo support is released... maybe

• Ryan C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So close to cancelling Office 365 / OneDrive subscription I hate to say it, but this is the #1 reason for me is that I have to use Google Drive just for Live Photos (Apple cant even share photos between two partners so it’s not an option).

• Benjamin Qiao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you release a timetable about the developing of this function? We have been wait too long for this function! I know it's not easy because this feature need all the platform including Windows system and its Photo App to support with. But I still think, your gays should speed this up. Like many other people, we have Office 365 and Onedrive subscription, we do not intending to transfer to iCloud or Google Drive, but don't make us do it please. Not much patience we have.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you tell us why it took Microsoft 3.5 years to accommodate this shortcoming since your product works on IOS devices to begin with. Leaving this unsupported creates a data corruption issue?

• Rajiv Krishna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is Onedrive really a product of Microsoft. I have been using live photos on my iphone since 2015. I dont think this long should be the time to create this featre to store the live photos. Google has implemented this feature. This is the only thing thats stopping me from buying from Onedrive as the most widely used features are not beeing developed even after 4 years.

• Mac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates / ETA please? I’m holding all my Live Photo’s dating back some time on my phone so keen to see this released. Thanks

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base