OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Live Photos

With the new iPhone 6s and iOS 9, are there plans to automatically upload the mov file that is created as part of the "live photo". It would be nice to make it an option, similar to how uploading videos is an option. Thanks.

2,395 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

127 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really disappointed that OneDrive does not support Live pics.

I am a paid customer of Office 365 and would really like to see this feature.

• BMS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my own vote of support. I now upload my photos to google photos and amazon prime photos because they both support live photos. Shame on Microsoft. I pay for the Office 365 and made a decision years ago to stick with it as my paid backup solution. This sloppy lagging feature function is disappointing. Here we roll into 2019, 4+ years after this was posted. I am going to start a migration off my dependence on Office 365 for this reason alone. So you know how personal this is, I lost my daughter in an accident this last December, and these live photos are all I have left of her memory, so yeah, this is important to me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2294 votes, more than 2 year that Live Photos were introduced in iOS and you are still thinking about it?
        What is the problem to include this feature? Is there any technical limitation?
        Google Photos already done it, so why OneDrive don't?

You've been thinking about this for 2 years now.. I don't think Live Photos is going to disappear, so if you could go ahead and start working on this that would be great.

• TheSystematic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those that cannot wait for Microsoft:
        Use the PhotoSynch app instead.
        It does exactly do the trick.
        And it allows to specify the target folder, the automatically created subfolders, the filename sheme, location based upload and a lot more.
        And it supports multiple cloud services.
        And it manages iCloud optimized photos correctly (by downloading the original sized photo from iCloud before uploading it and the live part to OneDrive).

I use this since 2014 and its worth every penny.

• JD Marlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this something we can expect to see? I've depended on One Drive for my photo storage for many years but now have to duplicate my library into Apple iCloud Photos just to preserve my Live Photos. It's a mess.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Always amazing how little things like this take so long. I’ll be sure to bring it up at Ignite.

@Anonymous Yeah it's possible. :D
        Btw Dropbox can't handle Live Photos either. Only solution is Google Photos or a Synology NAS now.

Shame your still thinking about it. I should consider Dropbox or google drive now ..

• Nikolai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

.. and just saw this is Top 15 voted idea and not even a response Douglas ?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base