OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Sorting

Please consider adding group by type of file.

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan Zeevi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that we should be able to sort the files by ascending or descending order, by extension, by size or by date and those choices should remain until we change them. When you set them for a folder the App should remember that choice for that folder forever, until you might change it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AMEN! I think MS developers have underestimated the number of people who mastered the file management features of good old Windows Explorer and are still happy with that way of working. The recent iterations of Office seem governed by the notion that the user shouldn't need to worry about which application does the job--just let Office decide and don't worry your pretty little head. Yet people continue to think in terms Word documents, Excel sheets, PowerPoint presentations, and so forth--as well they might. Underneath all the Windows-dressing (if I may use the expression) the file extension still rules. It's both logical and convenient to think of them this way. Office and OneDrive should, if not encourage, at least support this way of organizing our data.

Feedback and Knowledge Base