OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Exclude Folders from All Photos View

Gents, I believe you have a major problem in the concept of your Photos tab in the OneDrive iOS app. All the photos I have uploaded to my OneDrive into separate and organized folders (over 80gb) are showing on the photos tab. This is insane. It gets extremely slow and very messy. Just as all your competitors do, we should see there only the Camera Roll pictures that are uploaded to OneDrive, and not everything! I have activated the automatic backup of my iPhone photos to OneDrive and guess what? All the photos that are being uploaded are mixed in this Photos tab along with the other several thousand pictures I had manually uploaded from my computer to a separate folder in OneDrive. I'm enjoying OneDrive so far but this is a major drawback. Please have a look at how this is handled in Dropbox. A lot more organized! The iphone camera photos are kept into a separate place in the app and in the drive. I'm enjoying OneDrive a lot, and i am planning to quit using google drive and dropbox, but please fix this asap! This is very annoying!! Thank you!! Best Regards.

289 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Conor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big fan of the ios app for iPad but I'd love some more control over what shows up in the 'photos tab'. Right now the photos tab is displaying everything from other folders such as expense receipts etc but I'd like to limit it down just to my 'camera roll'.
        Team, please consider this quality of life improvement.

• Michael Meier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you could just integrate the option „Photos anzeigen aus“ like in the web it would already be a big step ahaed. Please do it asap. Thank you.

• Danila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality has been available in "OneDrive on the Web" (in your browser) for as long as I can remember: in the top right corner you can select "Show photos from" -> "Pictures folder".
        It should be trivial to bring the same option to the mobile app. I'm surprised it is not there yet, and it feels long overdue.

• Wesley Huang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please take care of this issue, it's very annoying. Including *.ico files in Photos tab, seriously?

• Genghis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would think three years and numerous requests should be enough time/demand for this to have been implemented by now. It's one of the major flaws that keeps me from transitioning management of photos with OneDrive. Please Please Please fix this.

• paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I share Anonymous comment from 2015. Simply insane to have pictures of receipts, maps, documents etc that are in other folders on OneDrive to show up under the PHOTO Tab on IOS. PLEASE PlEASE allow one to select a Folder or Folders to appear in the PHOTO Tab. To start just the camera roll from your IOS device. Currently the PHOTO tab is all junked up .. This has been going on since 2015..

• Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since my post, the latest Android has completely broken the Photo View in that any image (screen shot, WhatsApp etc) with no EXIF data is 'assumed' by the client (Android) to have a creation date of 3/1/1. Images are sorted and viewed correctly on the web and when synced to a PC so the error must reside in the Android App. Is IOS the same?

• Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same applied for Android. There was a thread over a year ago which seems to have closed. It MUST be possible top be able to select the folders to include in the Photos view (like on the web) so we see actual photos and not every clip anywhere within Onedrive.

• Jim Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is huge. Not everything that goes on my one drive is a photo. It's tagging and cataloging resource files for applications that use the documents space.

Feedback and Knowledge Base