OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Pause upload

Put some sort of feature that pauses a upload ( like taping the uploaded or a dedicated pause button ) some video files are to large to sit and wait for the upload to finish and some people don't have the best internet connection. So pause feature would be much appreciated.

298 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan Zeevi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Think Harder and decide to implement this Mr. Pearce. This would be very helpful for certain conditions where you might have been interrupted by something that must be taken care of and you do not want to cancel the upload but you must stop using the bandwidth that the upload is using and perform a different process. Once that other task is out-of-the-way you can get back to the upload. I’d like to see the Pause on “Downloads” as well.

Thank you

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And also could upload on the background. Dedicated pause button or a hide button.

• Offbeatmammal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on macOS/Windows I do see options to pause for 2/4/8 hours, but would like to have an option to have OneDrive either pause, or run at significantly limited throughput (like I can set in the network tab) during certain hours, but for other hours it can run at full bore. Would be really neat to have an option if the machine has mains power (vs battery) to temporarily override the sleep settings if there is an active sync queue while it is in 'unfettered' mode

• Dcote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't this feature exist? I can pause uploads on my OneDrive for 2, 8, and 24 hours.

It is really necessary. Besides, resume feature for uploads is really important I believe.

• Alinta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using the iPad app and have the same problem. Since we all know by now Microsoft isn't reading this and does not care to help I thought I'd share something I found.

Go to the upload list, press and hold the file until it turns grey, keep holding and slide it to the left to bring up the delete file upload option. It will remove it completely from your upload list.

You have to delete them one at a time, no bulk delete option. Not fun when there's 350 files to manually delete. Cheers MS.

• vicu9mx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thinking about it?? Really??? You guys think that all the world had 10mbps connections, you need sometimes to pause uploads, and resume when we are on a good connection

• Mike Shirley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just joined as a paying customer and I am astonished that you have been thinking about this suggestion for 19 months. Really?

Your comment was "Great suggestion" yet nothing from from MS. You guys have the speed of a tortoise and the bureaucracy of General Motors. Will likely go back to Dropbox as they are 4 lightyears more responsive to their customers and have far superior syncing features.

• Angie Simants commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore the ability to pause in Windows 10! I've literally been wondering for days why my browser and downloads were being so slow, on the verge of contacting my internet provider. Turns out OneDrive has been syncing up gigs of photos and videos in the background and hogging all the bandwidth. Would really like to be able to turn this off for a period of time when I need the internet to be responsive!

• U. C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just pause but also cancel upload needed. I can't understand why Onedrive lacks a basic feature like this...

• Alison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pausa seria muito util mesmo, em um upload muito grande consome muita banda, gerando muito ms para qualquer outro usuario da mesma rede

• Char commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto!I don't want to sync to my pc, and no way to pause

Why are we swapping to Mac....actual service

Please I beg you Microsoft OneDrive, add a pause feature for uploading files in OneDrive Android app! You can actually do this in iOS as long as you don't kill the app onvthe background. Please do at least the same thing for the Android app I really need it for the Android app. Please add pause upload feature!!! Kudos Microsoft.

• Roberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voting for the ability to pause. I am using OneDrive Home on my laptop and I'd like to be able to have a persistent pause that can be unused at any time. Not only would this help keep track of manual uploads, it would allow me to regain bandwidth when I have higher priority network nerd,

I often travel and have a limited bandwidth connection at certain locations. I want to pause OneDrive while I am on a slow internet connection and then resume when I get to a faster connection.

• T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

unbelievable that they left this out ... Getting tired of exiting and opening the app to pause it

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base