OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Anonymous guest link in OneDrive for Business App

In my company employees often need to share files stored in their OneDrive for Business folder with external people, like suppliers and customers.

From the computer they can create a link with no sign-in required, but from the mobile app this is not possible. Because they share files from the mobile with a lot of people they often get in trouble because the recipient don't have an Microsoft account and can't open the link.

Please update the OD4B app so that it is possible to use this feature from mobile.

318 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Batman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phil Sanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a welcomed feature. I was surprised it wasn't already available. We have to use Dropbox and other services just to be able to share from IOS. I see this is an older post. Do you have any plans in the near future for this to happen?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How on earth does onedrive not have this basic feature? Generating a link to a document is one of the pivotal reasons cloud storage exists. Please add.

Hello Douglas, I would be very happy if you can give us some timeline. We also want to use OneDrive instead of Dropbox, but unfortunatelly, this is the reason, why we can not use OneDrive in our company. Thank you in advance for your soon reply.
        Regards, Michal

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Douglas,
        this issues is currently stopping us from migrating our storage from dropox to onedrive.
        Would be really great, if this feature comes soon. Any timeline in mind?

Regards, Michael

• Jose Campos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        The sharing of documents via anonymous external links from mobile applications is important in our organization. Is there an advance or deadline of when will it be available?
        Thanks in advance

• Matthew Jarsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been eight months since MS responded to this feature request saying they are planning to implement it. Can we get an update?

• Paco Hueta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hola, buenos días.
        Necesito poder enviar vínculos generador a través del App y que mis clientes puedan abrir sin necesidad de tener cuenta de Office.
        Esto puedo hacerlo a través del navegador, pero no a través del App, lo que no deja de ser incómodo.
        Somos un equipo comercial y trabajamo a diario con el App por lo que no es muy necesario el poder generar estos vínculo de forma rápida.
        Me gustaría que solucionasen este problema en proximas actualizaciones.

• Leoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality is so important for those who travel a lot!
        Everytime I have to open the web access using safari, which is quite time consuming.
        Hope this can be added assp.

It's odd that you can do it on website but not on app. This functionality should be implemented on app ASAP. Thanks!

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't make our Edu Institute switch to OD4B because of, mainly, this issue.

There are other but users are NOT using the app because they can't share with externals.

• yuval commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

google drive has it
        dropbox has it
        it's very important to have this on Microsoft cloud too...

Whoever is the lead on the development team must go - obviously Microsoft dropped the ball on OneDrive and Skype

We are 2017 and such a basic functionality is not possible - comparing to Google drive box etc - what a losers

Feedback and Knowledge Base