OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Copy files on mobile (Onedrive for iOS)

Please add the option to copy (not just move) files or folders to the onedrive App for iOS.
Would be great and should not be a big deal to implement.

Thanks!
Regards,

344 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Rikard, it’s sad that such a basic function requires a switch between apps but using the Files app is the solution for the moment. Hopefully MS will listen and implement a copy function soon

• Gabriel Lozano-Moran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work-around: open the file “in another app...” and choose OneDrive. I use this to copy files but I give this request 3 votes to have the copy-feature implemented in the iOS app.

• Bob abz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Really need this feature too. In I have to make sure I have a copy of my files because I can’t give anyone full access to certain folders. Usually I create a folder and copy them to it. But on the go with the app I can’t do that!!!

There are three "ideas" with the same subject:
        * Copy files on mobile (246 votes at the moment)
        * Allow copying of files (58 votes at the moment)
        * Copy/Duplicate files (24 votes at the moment)

Maybe we should vote for all three?!?

To MOVE a file or folder IS implemented in OneDrive for iOS - but to COPY a file or folder IS NOT???

Don't you know, that "copying" IS simply "moving" WITHOUT deleting the source file?

Ridiculous...

Every time I give MS office products another chance, I regret it. REally? No function to duplicate or copy a file? How basic is that??? This is a function I NEVER thought I’d have to google to figure out how to do...and never thought I’d find out you can’t!! Major ***** up MS! To want to keep a file as it is and make a copy to mark up, update etc.??? BASIC FUNCTION. Super annoyed. Won’t renew my 365 subscription if this isn’t fixed. I’ll just go back to Google Drive, which makes this super easy.

• Carolyn Markland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I don’t use one drive on my PC, only mobile apps and when I try and copy a file it becomes disabled.
        Please add this feature.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same. just found out that such function, simple function has been missed.

• Mary Fagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking online for a way to copy files in the app and am stunned to find Microsoft have not included such a fundamental function.

Absolutely ridiculous that Microsoft didn’t implement yet the feature of Copy Files AND FOLDERS inside OneDrive for iPhone
        I found myself doing this over and over again a lot of times
        I’m spending a lot of hours doing this.
        And yes, I know, I can do it in the PC and synchronize the account but unfortunately that’s not a possibility for me at this time
        Copy Files And Folders should be a feature of OneDrive for iPhone, is a feature so old that we can go back to the MS-DOS and have it.
        So, why not????
        Microsoft, please, thanks

Cannot copy a simple pdf file back to onedrive. The only option it gives me is to share it back to onedrive and then it generates a .txt file with a sharepoint link, ridiculous. This functionality works within the word app, allowing you to share a file back into onedrive however it is not native to the onedrive app itself which is silly considering its supposed to be a file management software. Unusable in its current state for any business wanting to put its mobile sales/tech team on the platform.

100% agree. Having to download and re-upload is a major endeavor... can’t believe I can’t add copies for my specific salemen with haveing to jump through all these hoops😳

• Greg Conan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. This is a basic feature and I can't believe it has not yet been added.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely ridiculous that Microsoft hasn’t included this very basic functionality. I honestly think they leave these basic features out of the iOS apps to make it painful for Apple users. It’s ridiculous.

• Bojan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excatly what I need also. It is ridiculouos that we have just option to move files and not to copy them. Application is not complete without this function beacause I have to use browser frequently to do this.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base