OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Adding the bookmark function in PDF

Hi! I'm used to read books (.pdf) through the OneDrive app. Although the commenting and highlighting functions are already great, I'd like to know if there could be some bookmarking function for some particular pages, so that I can go back to the page more easily. Thanks!

341 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The removal of the Bookmark and annotated pages function has severely affected my work flow. I can't understand why such a useful and functional feature would be removed.

Please reinstate these function. Please and thanks.

• Leo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, as of recently, they've decided to also ruin the annotation features.

• Rachel HH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to see the bookmarks set in a PDF, on the OneDrive, would be very helpful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need pdf bookmark function on onedrive. Please improve it as soon as possible.

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would improve in a significant way the program

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How come Microsoft didn´t add that highly important feature. Dear Microsoft team, we need bookmark on onedrive app.
        Greetings

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been trying to work with the OneDrive Program Manager to get Bookmarking added. So far they don't seem to be able to wrap it's head around it's importance, so let's list the Office 365 users in business, academia and elsewhere who would benefit from having Bookmarking in OneDrive eliminating the need for a 3rd party annotation tool, which is a non-starter if you use Intune MAM as we do. The beneficiaries would be anyone who works a lot with PDFs, with the bigger the document the more important bookmarking is including: lawyers; anyone who has to review a contract; market; sales; research analysts; researchers; professors; students, etc. Considering an annotation module to annotate PDF files in the OneDrive for iOS app exist, how much time would it take to add bookmarking, if the tool can already tag and search for annotations.

• Mark Easson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A bookmark function would be useful on PDF as I can easily refer to the pages of a meeting paper where I have a comment to make or want to discuss.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding bookmarks to a pdf document using the iOS app would be very helpfull

Feedback and Knowledge Base