OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Sorting

When I open any folders or sub folders, I have to always keep changing the grid view and sort as per my requirement. My sorting is also in acceding order. So example we have files 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15. This is the proper sorting order but, in one drive it happens like the below

1 10 12 13 14 15 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

It has to be done in proper order and moreover in the main screen when I choose what sort and grid I want, it adapts it and implements it automatically on all the files and folders.

This is really important for you as this is something a lot of customers are not happy about.

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Martijn Schouten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would help a lot if you could set a preferred sorting in the app. By default the app will sort by date, but 95% of the time I would like to sort by name.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been complaining about this for a long time and every time I send feedback through the app, I get a reply saying 'I regret to inform you that currently this feature is not available. I will add your suggestion to the list of ideas we’re considering for implementation. If you have a minute, please take a look at the OneDrive UserVoice and vote for your other favorite ideas'. I wouldn't call this basic file sorting a 'feature'! It makes finding files so much much of a pain in the app (get it lol).. come on OneDrive, surely this is a super easy fix??

Feedback and Knowledge Base