OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

View of thumbnails in picture folders

With the new upgrade more emphasis was put on showing the file name rather than the thumbnail. I hate it. I use my picture folders for showing photos and projects to both clients and students from my iPhone. And as a photographer it was a great help. But now the thumbnails are really small and the file names are huge and don't even show the full name. I really don't like that I can't switch that view back to the way it was before. Just because you can create a new preview mode doesn't mean you should.

231 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that there will never be enough votes to get this problem to be acknowledged or looked at. It's quite disappointing. I think other cloud offerings provide better presentation such as Dropbox. It's such a shame as older versions of OneDrive were so much better

• Zod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I doubt Microsoft support understand or care enough to fix.
        The ios app looks ugly, major fail design wise.
        Taking photo view option away makes it obvious they are out of touch with how many are using the ios app.
        If any morons from microsoft are reading this.. this is how it should look:
        Dropdown view options:
        List
        Compact List
        Tiles
        Photo!!!!
        Please ffs Fix this asap
        It looked perfect on large display visually .. why ruin it ?

Your so right, the latest update got rid of my photo view option WTF!?

Iphone View options should be like this:
        L i s t (Text view)

T i l e (small grey folder files)

P h o t o (displaying images nicely)

It used to look nice now on iphone 8 plus i have wide gaps.
        I am choosing to use desktop browser view instead of the app as that way i get the photos view option.
        Why onedrive developers cannot add the option back is bizzare!?
        We neec to let them know we hate having just a small grey folder option.

This comment regarding the degraded appearance following the recent update appears many times elsewhere on this site and I feel all the negative comments could be consolidated and would then carry more weight.

I also hate the uddated version. Thumbnails really help and shouldn't be sacrificed.

On iPhone the change from v 9.9 to v10 ruined the way the folders are displayed with a sliver of the thumbnail being visible. The number of files in the folder has been added but this isn't really necessary.

Agreed! I also put an appropriate image file in each folder to make it easier to navigate among folders. Even designed some simple pictures myself specifically for this—like small logotypes or simmilar. Even if the folders were for text only files. For me visual identification goes faster than reading names.

Indeed , I have the same problem. I want to see bigger thumbnails.It is disappointing!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base