OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Photos folders

On the photos tab, I want to see the photos from the folders that I selected. It shows up all the photos in Onedrive.
Please refer website Onedrive, on the website Onedrive we can select specific folders to show up in the photos tab.

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this is crucially needed before I will use OneDrive. It is hard to believe we even need to vote for this. With the current OneDrive I cannot find my photos for all the noise of images from random folders. Have the developers never used their own product?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely crucial. It will then be a truly great app. Have flagged this several times before over last couple of years. Because of the issue I do not use iOS OneDrive for photos but I would like to - as I do on Windows 10.

Yes this is a vital addition to use the photos tab. Also insure photos are being sorted by file property data and not exif. Scanned photos do not have exif data and therefore they do not sort by date however all files have file data. This is why photo are all over the place in the photos tab.

As others have said without the ability to choose the folder renders the phots tab useless. I’ve seen this being asked for years. Please implement.

• James mc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a OneDrive backup folder of Spanish lessons I have purchased, and there are about 5,000 photos used as illustrations. Because the Photos tab inexplicably aggregates ALL photos regardless of source, these 5,000 illustrations mix in with my “real” photos, rendering the Photos view virtually useless. Please let us choose which folders should be included.

• JLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great! I hate having to scroll through random images in my documents folder on my phone.

It would make sense that the iPhone app functioned the same as OneDrive on the web.

• Greg Rinard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Impossible to manage large photo libraries. I have 20 years of photos in my OneDrive separated in folders by the year and subject. There is no reasonable way to search for photos. The main photos screen is simply all photos by date. With over 100,000 photos in my library it never loads the photo tiles. I scroll to a new section and it just loads the ones on the screen while I wait. The tags and albums are not helpful.

Could you please add a way to browse photos by folder?

You can do this in the files area but the photos view is not really usable for viewing photos.

• Genghis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I desperately need this feature as well. It would also make so much sense to have this on the mobile app as this is available on the Web version of OneDrive!

• David Freund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ohhh, yes please. This is one thing, that is keeping me from using OneDrive as a photo app also.
    I don't just want every picture that I have stored in the Photo Tab.

Feedback and Knowledge Base