OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Disable nested folders on camera upload

Allow a flag/option to be able to enable/disable nested folders on camera upload.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SkipB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate it that my phone photos are two levels deep. one level for the year (good), but the second level by month is super painful when trying to navigate to the picture. please allow me to customize this setting to only divide the pictures by year only and NOT year and month.

• Liam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! This change of functionality has introduced an inconsistency in the way my photos are being organised which I don't want to have to solve. My personal preference is I'd rather view all the images together. I also think the date-time provided by the file system is sufficient. But I can understand the desire for the feature so my preference is for a feature toggle to allow people to choose for themselves. Forcing the choice, forces us to live with the inconsistency.

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Much prefer to see the camera roll as a complete set of photographs, and not buried away in folders for each month which is highly frustrating!

Give us the option to create folders IF we wish, but please don’t force folders within the camera roll upon us.

• Cyclops commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! I couldn't find my pics because they were buried in folders I didn't create! Very disheartening

• Han commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

文件名已经可以很好的区分时间了, 我比较喜欢将时间作为文件名这个功能

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. It’s a roll not a forced folder set.
    Option to disable required.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree completely! Most of us a fully capable of creating our own folders IF we want them. Don't force your idea of how we choose to organize pictures on us. Make it an option or eliminate it completely. This is not a feature it is a bug and a pain!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, apparently this is a feature. I call it a bug and have disabled camera upload in my iOS OneDrive app until they fix it. I do hate it when they impose these things on us.

Feedback and Knowledge Base