OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Improve the PDF annotation experience on iOS

-updated title -

The annotation / editing toolbar used to be blue, movable, and convenient. Now it looks like it came straight out of Windows 95 and has very limited functionality; e.g. you can no longer create two parallel pens and switch between them. Especially on the iPad Pro this is a huge loss and I don't see how this is a change for the better. Please bring the modern toolbar back!

1,066 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Leo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hear the feedback and working hard to address it and improve our PDF annotation editing experience

We’ve released 2 updates to the app since we made the change in tech for editing PDFs.
    Fixes in these updates include:
    -Saving pen style preferences
    -Apple Pencil usability updates
    -Toolbar UI update

Coming in the next few days are:
    -Improved eraser functionality
    -Save your position in the PDF

The team is working hard to address the other feedback and we will be releasing updates frequently.

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just don’t get it — the prior tool was excellent and the current one is such a step backwards. I think I can see a few adjustments that have been made to the new tool — but at this pace getting bank to even will take 10yrs. Please bring back the old tool and be done with this.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like you’re for some reason dancing around a proper fix, updating this and that but never reaching how the app was before.

The app has really taken a dive off a cliff in usefulness. Particularly for iPad. It would be good if the previous version was reinstated, even if for iPad only (iPhone can keep the reductionist update).

• Geoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would appreciate another update Ryan, a month on and over 1000 votes and 100 comments with all expressing their dismay at your changes.

NO ****, TELL US WHEN THIS WILL BE FIXED.

Or tell us that your not going to fix it so we can all head off and find alternatives.

This delay in response is unacceptable

• Anirudh Jayendra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please go back to the nice blue bar! I can’t study! Why did you change it? This used to be one the best pdf viewers/editors with annotation support till it changed...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

App is getting worse! Unbelievable. Why don't they just roll back to the last working version from a few months ago and make sure it's properly tested before you try and update again.

Has the Apple Pencil usability update occurred yet?? If so, it still doesn't work nearly as well as the old toolbar. It's laggy, seems to write with much less fluidity and resolution, and doesn't usually begin capturing my writing until about the second or third stroke of a word. Is there a way to roll back the update to the old toolbar??

HELP!!!

• Giles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where has the tool bar gone?? Am I missing something is it still possible to annotate a PDF file with the pen on the iPad.

• Kaitlyn Thursby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New update today supposedly saves your place in the PDF even after closing the app, but again broke the function of zooming with two fingers without disabling the pen. AAAH! Bring back the old tool bar.

When opening a pdf document on onedrive, you can not add a text box anymore (either on iphone or Android tablets), it use to be a feature but it is not anymore apparently, why?

• Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was really disappointed to see the changes made in this new update. I've relied on this app to take notes in my classes for nearly two years, largely by using the text box function and by drawing/writing with the pen function, which had much better quality than other apps I have tried. I loved using this app with my iPad for annotating slideshows. Now, I can no longer add text to my PDFs at all and the pen function is much worse quality than before. I resorted to adding those stupid yellow notes to my slides last lecture out of desperation. I'm not sure what I should use for school now that you've effectively wrecked this app for me. Thanks, OneDrive.

• Ann Apitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Ryan I HOPE YOU ARE PUTTING BACK THE ABILITY TO ADD A TEXT BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR SCHOOL USES THIS FOR STUDENTS TO COMPLETE WORKSHEETS. PLEASE ADDRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should be done by now!!
        Find it odd that others that have the updated the same as mine ability to do so but I dont

• Bets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feel like an explanation is required at this point as to how the service got this low... Nobody knows why Onedrive has been downgraded, and there’s no apparent rationale for Microsoft self-destructing the app... Questions...

• Vivianne Bourgie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the function to add a text box, the pen does have limitations and it's not everyone that is good with writting on an Ipad / Iphoneé

Bring back the ability to add text to a PDF immediately. I I have all my bills stored on Onedrive and when I pay them I record that date I paid it and the receipt no. Losing this ability now means that I have to look into moving all my files to something like Dropbox. Is there a work around?

Why have you taken this away? Use it to update templates I get from my accountant...now I have to hand write with iPad pencil. Please bring it back.

• Geoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Usable? depends what you using it for. I would suggest that you read the comments below for an education on how many users have been disadvantaged by this update.

Nearly at 1000 votes, would appreciate another update please Ryan.. Everyone is being very patient

Hi,

thanks for the reaction and the improvements. At least it is now usable again.

Yet, the Apple Pencil usability is still worse than the old blue one.

• Matteo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t understand why they would remove the ability to add text to a pdf. I used to use this app everyday to make notes on lecture slides for university. It worked perfectly for 2 years. However, now I don’t know what to do. Should I use an app made by someone else?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base