OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Bring back text editing

Allow users to add text to a document like is previous versions

199 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scotch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Erin Kassouf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to type text on top of a given PDF is a HUGE accessibility feature for students with print disabilities and fine motor disabilities. Taking away the typing feature makes things very difficult. Please re-insert the annotating with a text box feature into the OneDrive Mobile app for iOS.

• Ann Apitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Removing this feature has caused so many problems for our school system we should’ve gone with Google

• Vivianne Bourgie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also requesting for this to come back, it is a downgrade and we should be able to edit documents as the old version.

• Geoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have also voted on 'Bring back the modern annotation toolbar!' which is at 600 votes and counting. Same issue - the two items should be merged

• Mel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot make any notes on the pdfs as i used to do with the previous versions of onedrive for my ipad. That feature was the main reason for me to use onedrive as I could keep all my notes in one place and access them from all my devices. The edit option is not available anymore, please bring it back, as it was the best feature of onedrive in my opinion.

We are currently exploring dropbox as an alternative.. not what we want but?
        Will look at google drive also

• Ann Apitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I have spent 3 hours today try ing to find a solution for a student to complete her worksheets in OneDrive! I bet you can do it Google Drive

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One drive app update for IOS has removed many of the previously available editing tools, eg. the ability to place text boxes on pdf's, among others. These editing tools are critical to our daily business operations and has severely impacted our ability to function. We require the previous editing tools to be reinstated immediately. Approximately 20 of our technicians cannot carry out their works and will potentially need to be stood down until we can address a solution. Please provide an immediate response so that we can notify our clients when this will be resolved.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore this feature ASAP! Like many businesses we use this as part of our daily workflow.

• Chris Hoskin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BRING BACK THE OLD BLUE TOOLBAR!!
        New toolbar is a HUGE downgrade! Removed so many editing features from the previous blue toolbar which I used everyday:
        - Shapes; squares, rectangles, circles, arrows
        - Text boxes
        - Custom made boxes with dates, time, ticks, approved
        - Text options were so much better; colours, font, size etc
        - Toolbar was easier to use, move, more options, modern
        Huge impact to all of our company users for onedrive & ipad, is there a way to uninstall the new update?

One drive app update for IOS has removed many of the previously available editing tools, eg. the ability to place text boxes on pdf's, among others. These editing tools are critical to our daily business operations and has severely impacted our ability to function. We require the previous editing tools to be reinstated immediately. Approximately 20 of our technicians cannot carry out their works and will potentially need to be stood down until we can address a solution. Please provide an immediate response so that we can notify our clients when this will be resolved.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base