OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Separate folders for each device backing up to the camera roll

If you have multiple devices that would take advantage of the camera roll there should be an option to put them in separate folders. IE if you have an android phone, ipad, etc each device should be given the opportunity to use a subfolder (Camera roll\ipad and Camera roll\android)

2,288 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    내 VEGA에서 보냄 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has been interested for years but never did anything as far as I can see.... has anyone found an alternative?

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an Option, but please don’t force folders nested folders within the camera roll upon us.

we use one account for 6 family members' iphones. why can't we upload via cameras to our own files in onedrive? How can we do this? It seems simple.

• Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame on you folks...this request, to allow uploads from multiple devices to be separate on OneDrive, is as basic as it gets. If anything, there should be added functionality to it. You have incredibly smart people there, yet you're not doing it...that boils down to motivation, your lack of desire to satisfy your customers, probably for a profit motive. This is exactly why American companies have failed over the years to foreign competitors and we give up our wealth (I'm an American car buyer in spite of the **** we put out in the 70's and 80's. Stop the nonsense and make your customers happy, for heaven's sake. Shame on you.

• Lars Vestrheim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this case? I am also missing this feature! I see people have been complaining about this for 4 years, maybe actually do it? Seem like the people know what they want. I would be EXTREMELY happy about it!!

Amazon Drive's app has this functionality. Make the backup in a folder with the name of the device. It is very useful to organize the files!

is it work now? if its working to us to upload with multiple device into differenr folder let me know. ill unsubcribe dropbox and i will pay for ur apps

• Moon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason I am switching from onedrive to google drive and advising everyone else to do the same. Missing this feature makes the onedrive app far less useful than it can be. Fix it please or lose customers to better cloud storage options!

Would love to see this being implemented! This is one of the greatest shortfalls of the app as this point; it's able to include any folder but it just dumps it into one single folder in OneDrive. Feels sloppy to me. At the very least I would expect additional included folders to get their own folders in the Camera Roll folder. Nothing fancy.

Wow how is this not a thing already? I pay for office365 and would like to back up photos from all my and my wife’s devices without the hassle of having to manually move each photo to a separate folder.

Clearly Microsoft don't want one account being shared by multiple people, less money for them. Else they would have added this functionality by now.

If you sync your OneDrive to your computer you can open the Camera Roll folder in File Explorer, then add the "Camera Maker" and/or "Camera Model" columns to your view so you can sort by device. Won't work if you have the same model phone though.

and another one agreeing here.... I've moved my phone photos backup to Google Drive so my wife can use onedrive. It shouldn't be this hard.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so lets see... in 2015 they heard us and are looking into this... january 2018 and they're supposedly still looking into this... now june 2018 and no progress shown. i pay for office365 and have 1TB of onedrive space that I would like to use for all the devices in a household. i do not want all of the photos from each device dumped into an imaginary "pictures" folder that i can't access like a normal folder. you would think this would be a no brainer on their part... and in more demand...

I agree. I would like to add extra phones to my Onedrive account but do not want the all the photos to be dumped in the same directory. How many votes does this need to get action?

• David Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I upload from three different mobile devices and all get dumped in camera roll. Should be separate sub folder per device under camera roll

I would also like multiple folders so that the folders I have created on my phone are mirrored to OneDrive. At the moment all my received files from other apps are bundled into the same folder which makes it difficult to look through.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base