OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

If picture is backed up and older than a week, delete it from IOS camera roll

To save space is the purpose of backups, so if a photo is backed up and older than X, delete it from camera roll

329 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ahmad alrasheed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I vote against this?
        In effect it turns a "Backup" into "Sole storage". Backup should be a 2nd (or more) security copy. NOT a move to offline.

If anything along these lines is implemented it needs 101 user warning messages

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK so long as the user is able to select this option and it does not happen automatically.

I much prefer to be in control and know what is happening to photos on my Camera Roll and on One Drive.

• awo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm voting for that, assuming that once done, there will be an equal feature also added to the Androind app :)

• Rui Sousa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is just sad that there're such good ideas here and years goes by and nothing of this is implemented in the OneDrive for iOS... The concept of delete the pics from the iPhone that are already backup in the Cloud already exist in Google Photos for months. I don't know what is MS waiting for...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest to allow user configure how long they want the pictures to stay, before deleting from iOS camera roll.

Feedback and Knowledge Base