OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Selection of all files instead of selecting one by one on iOS

While moving files from one folder to another folder selecting all files instead of selecting one by one

1,084 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sunilrais shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree/ this would make it much easier and more efficient to manage and delete files from the trash bin too.

• Trajko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think the reason is that they can't do it, but they don't want to do it! It is a way to prevent us from moving to another cloud service. I have been trying for days to download all my contents, but gave up multiple times because it is so arduous. I have automatic photo and video upload from my and my wife's phone to Onedrive and was thinking of switching to Amazon (I am already paying for it- Prime membership). They know even if I stop uploading to Onedrive, the existing contents will still be there and I will keep paying for it to prevent losing it! Bad customer service, but they are underestimating my resolve to get rid of them :)

• Julian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Can't believe this feature is not available from the start and up till now it still is not available. Does Microsoft management even looking into this?

If not for my 200GB Free storage, I wouldn't be using Onedrive simply because this feature is not available. I'm sure they realize how important this feature is. Almost everyone has a smart pone and tons of pictures/files on their phone and im sure they have selected multiple files/pics on their phone to either move it to a folder or delete it etc.

Why has no action being done to make this feature available? are they even minding this ticket?

This is so disappointing.

Good suggestion indeed. A pity it takes so much time to implement such a demanded feature!

Just tried OneDrive and can not select multiples...This ticket is 3 years old and MS has still not implemented it. Yikes! Going back to Dropbox and GoogleDrive

• Dave Stork commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Select all, select album, select tag etc. and then all relevant options: Move, Delete, Download etc.

• Zhili Wang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft OneDrive Administrators,

I can't believe this feature was not implemented in OneDrive APP for iOS as this had been surface by the 1st user on May 24, 2015 23:22 but till today it had NOT been resolved.

"Select All" feature is a MUST to be implemented ASAP, as the capacity of iPhone X which i am using right now is 256GB and it make no sense to me and my colleges to select it 1 by 1.

I also created the following [Ticket #:10616192] to see when would this problem be resolved.

Addon information: I am using Business OneDrive which allows me to assign 1TB per user for my whole company. (1TB multiply by [*** amount of staff])

Thank you

• yy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

progammer is no creative than designer..... select all & select by interval is very important,
        a very basic program script. since people comment 3 years bfore until now, still no upgrade, sleeping? where's the user friendly ? i cant see.

Incredible this is not available. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Please add this feature.

• Ralf Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not acceptable to select each file to restore. Microsoft should improve this quickly.
        In our office somebody deleted thousands of files ... it was a job of hours to restore all the files.
        It should be possible to select a deleted folder to restore.

Thinking about it? What a bunch of idiots you are at Microsoft! Ive literally spent 30 minutes to select a bunch of files one by one and then somewhere along trhe way my finger hits the wrong spot on the screen and it deselects everything and I have to start over. 72 hours later I havent managed to moved all the files by date into a folder by date because you have no way to select multiple files at once. You guys are a bunch of grade A class 1 genuine idiot losers at Microsoft. The only thing you're good at is designing products that make life difficult and waste valuable time and productivity. Microsoft #1 at helping you be unproductive!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base