OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

(iOS) Two way sync of Camera Roll folder

An option to have the Camera Roll folder (or any other folders) synced between OneDrive and the phone so that any pictures deleted/moved in the Photos app gets replicated in OneDrive (and vice versa)

147 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kyle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maurice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Managing a large volume of photos on IOs is rather cumbersome. By manage I'm referring to delete photos no longer wanted. The ability to manage them via Onedrive and then syn the change back to IOs would be great. I appreciate no everyone wants this ability as they use OneDrive for photo backup but the option to sync changes back to IOS like you do with other file types would be great.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too much depends on why you use OneDrive. These sort of suggestions are relevant only to people who use it in a particular way for particular functionality and ignore how other use it in a very different manner. It might suit some and would really frustrate others

AND, until OneDrive manages to support Raw properly such a feature could completely mess-up the Camera Roll (destroying the Raws from e.g. Raw & Jpeg pairs)

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't agree with this feature. One of the reasons I use OneDrive is to avoid having to keep all my photos on my iOS device. If we begin to sync deletes, I will have to add a step into my process to ensure I don't lose any photos. Something to consider when determining how to implement the feature. Definitely something the user should be able to control.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, I think this feature is much needed cause the one drive app just uploads the pics and doesn't care for them later if they are being edited or removed. So a sync feature would be great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base