OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Allow copying of files

I see options to move files though I don't see "copy". A common usage is to copy files into a shared folder. The recipient then simply moves them out of the shared folder into their own folder. I know the files have been received when they disappear.

Ideally you should be able to select multiple files (or folders) and copy them somewhere from within the app.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brad Griffis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jan Zanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft, this urgently needed suggestion is already five years online and nothing happens. Do you read the uservoices? It is not to understand that OneDrive is missing the copy functionality.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are three "ideas" with the same subject:
    * Copy files on mobile (246 votes at the moment)
    * Allow copying of files (58 votes at the moment)
    * Copy/Duplicate files (24 votes at the moment)

Maybe we should vote for all three?!?

• Mark Rumple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, my company can't move to Onedrive For Business until the mobile app supports moving or copying files from personal onedrive to a Shared Onedrived or SharePoint document Library. Currently we use ShareFile that has this functionality.
    I have over 3000 users on ShareFile, and can't move to Office365 Onedrive until they have this Capability.
    Today, they take a picture or work on a document, then move or copy the File to a Shared Folder that has a AD group assigned, or has a distribution group with Partners assigned.
    THIS FEATURE IS A MUST TO COMPETE WITH DROPBOX OR SHAREFILE OR BOX!

• Art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is one of the most frustrating features as I have to keep a link to the desktop version of onedrive on my iPad & iPhone simply to do this, its shocking to me that the app doesn't allow this while the desktop version does

Feedback and Knowledge Base