OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

Option to exclude folders from Photos tab in iOS app

I have over one hundred thousand work-related images in my OneDrive that I do not want showing up in the "Photos" tab with my personal photos for aesthetic and app performance reasons. There is currently a great option on OneDrive.com to limit the images that appear in the "Photos" tab to only those in the "Pictures" folder. However, this feature has not been extended to the iOS or Android apps. Please enable this option in the iOS app.

106 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aaron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just uploaded my music collection and now I see all covers of mp3 files appearing in "Photos". Very frustrating, makes the Photo tab useless. We really need the "Show Photos only from Pictures folder" option like on OneDrive.com. Or do not show other stuff in the first place.

• Dan N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't see this option on onedrive.com either, can you please give a hint on how to reach it? I believe that this feature can't be treated as a preference which certains users have, and others don't, it is a must have. I don't know anyone who would see value in browsing holiday photos mixed with scanned documents or receipts. I personally don't see any value in the way it is implemented now, it is very frustrating and makes this tab useless. Please fix it asap.

Feedback and Knowledge Base