OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Enable form box editing in PDFs again please

Since around 1 week I cannot edit a PDF that has forms included (blue boxes for text input, a signature field also). Before it was like this: When opening the PDF within onedrive, the pdf opened up with the forms appearing in transparent blue boxes, also the signature field appeard. Upon clicking a form box one could type the text inside. When clicking the signature box it was possible to sign the PDF.
    Since 1 week when opening the PDF, no more blue form boxes appear, as if it was disabled. I couldn't find any settings to enable the form…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort photos by date taken not date created in OneDrive

When sorting photos by date, the app sorts by date file was created in OneDrive as opposed to the date when the photo was taken.

When looking Photos menu, it list files by upload date or date created in OneDrive, from the user perspective, the date uploaded to OneDrive it's absolutely irrelevant.

This has been around since before 2015, isn't it time to change how Photos menu lists the content or at least give user the option to choose?

This bug defeats completely the Photo menu purpose, the one place to see all your mixed by date pics!

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PDF Rotation

Problem description: I frequently use Onedrive to read course readings, and they are often supplied in landscape orientation due to frequently being the results of scans from physical books. Thus makes them annoying to read and take notes because I have to alter my iPad's physical rotation between Onedrive and my notes app. Exporting the PDF into another app, rotating the file, and then exporting it back to Onedrive to reupload is a pain.

Feature request: Please add a simple clockwise rotation button for PDF documents.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add camera upload for onedrive for business

Can you add support for the camera upload option for the iOS app to upload photos and video to the onedrive for business accounts. This way I can have a cloud backup so I can make more room on my phone for other apps I use.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Warn users about features about features that are about be removed.

The way that almost every PDF-annotations was removed leaving just a few basic functions without any warning or mention of it in the update log is extremely frustrating (version 10.34.11 to 10.37.1 i think). I am in charge of assisting 30-40 people using OneDrive as its primary synchronization tool and up until the recent versions we have been using the built-in PDF-annotations tools extensively. When this feature was removed without any warning or mention in the update-log, we basically came to a standstill. There is currently no good way to edit PDFs without exporting and importing every single file. I…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. On this day

Can we get an "On this day" feature in the app that will send a daily email or push notification of all photos on this day in prior years?

I see the option on the site, but can't figure out how to get it to send a notification or email. I don't check the actual site every day, but usually check the app.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Viewing of file names in OneDrive

Problem:
    Not being able to see file names in full.

There are two ways to view files in onedrive:
    1) icon view (not showing full file names or
    2) list view.
    List view will have a few columns depending on screen size or rotation (portrait / landscape).
    If in portrait it will give one column on a cell phone (not showing full file name), when turning to landscape it show two columns, still not showing full file names.

It will be nice to have an option to choose how many columns you want to see on a screen in portrait…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy

Need a Copy file or folder option on the OneDrive IOS (iPhone to be specific) menu action item. The move is file but, have a need to just copy from time to time.
    Thanks;
    Steve

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sorting Albums

Please add the ability to sort albums by photo date taken on iOS & on OneDrive.com. Currently if you update an album by adding a photo or create a new album with a date taken from a previous time, it will only sort the day the album was updated. If this is done often, it can be very difficult to find an album on an iPhone & in my opinion the album view does not look good when dates from much older years are mixed in with current or almost current years. Thank you.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notifications

Hi I cannot find this feature anywhere so would like to suggest it as an addition.

Can we have the option to receive notification when someone downloads or uploads a file to a shared folder. This would be for folders with a full share and even those who are using a url to access stored files.

I use folders to distribute files too big to email to a number of recipients and I would love to know just when each of them has accessed the folder and if possible what files were accessed and what action was performed (download, upload,…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Empty Recycle Bin" Option on iOS

The only way now to empty anything in your recycle bin is by selecting each item (iOS at least). But, what if I want to delete the 2,000+ items in the recycle bin, all at once? You apparently can do this on web, but it doesn't work for me. Also, being able to more easily empty the recycle bin would save some server space, right? Every little BIT counts!

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. “Delete empty Tags”

Delete the empty tags. After deleting the useless (usually automatically generated) tags from my pics, they still exist under the tags tab. I need to delete the empty tags - the ones that have no pics assigned to them. The tagging system is useless if I can’t set it up with MY tags.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Auto Creating Albums

Would be nice to be able to choose whether One Drive creates albums

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dark Mode

You have it everywhere else... Why not here?

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Apple Pencil

Update the ink to be more precise with Apple Pencil please! It works well in Word and OneNote please improve for Onedrive PDF editor!

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Go To Page No.***" for PDF files

You DO have excellent PDF viewer and annotater, but it really misses the function to go to some particular page! Scrolling long files, repeatedly is embarrassing indeed!

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Live photos support please

It's been years & yet there's still no support for Live Photos. Google has done it, why can't Microsoft?

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Refresh

Is there away to refresh ????
    I have a file on my PC save it to one drive
    Find it on my phone but it's not the latest
    Have to log out then back in

Still learning ????

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple Personal accounts

Would be great to have multiple personal accounts like OneNote.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Copy/Duplicate files

Please provide the ability to copy/duplicate files in the app.
    Thanks!

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base