OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Option to choose which pictures are shown

OneDrive for iOS now shows all the pictures you have under the pictures tab. Please add an option to choose whether one prefers to show only those under the pictures folder of OneDrive.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't attempt to implement Dynamic Type (larger text) on iPhone/iPad.

If Large Text is selected (via Settings/General/Accessability) this is poorly implemented on OneDrive, eg folder names beneath the folder icon (Files view). People with visual disabilities can Zoom the whole page. As mentioned elsewhere when folders are displayed with a sliver of a photo please can this be enlarged as per oneDrive v9.9 (v10 is a setback).

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save to Libraries from iOS action/share menu

Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but I can’t find a way to save an image or file in the “share” menu of other apps directly to a shared library. Instead, I have to save it to my individual OneDrive for business then move it once I’m at a computer. I am only able to move files between folders not libraries in the iOS app. Could this be an org permission issue or is this just not possible with the app at the moment?

See attached. After choosing OneDrive the only options are my folders, not one of the many libraries…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Grid and list view

It would be good if you could set a default view and have that applied to all folders. For example, I find myself always having to change from grid to list view. Even if list view was the main default it would be better as I think most people would prefer the list rather than grid. Grid could be automatic if the app detects a given folder contained photos of course. Thanks!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please bring back the original markup tool for PDF’s in iOS. The new version 10.38.2 makes editing a pain

The new version of onedrive has erased one of the best features for editing PDF’s. The older version of the Markup Tool made editing PDF’s much easier than what’s in place now. :(

-Please bring it back

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Camera upload options

I have multiple devices using one drive to upload their photos but they all end up in the same camera roll folder. An option for a separate sub folder for each device would be great. It will make it a lot easier to organise the family pictures.
    Also you could go further and do a separate folder for each month/ year. This would be good for the unorganised person, like myself who has over a thousand pictures to sort through.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Onedrive folders be made Favorite in File app

I am using Onedrive for Business with a lot of Sharepoint sites. If I want to chose a file in a site or a Onedrive folder it takes a long time to tap throught the hierarchies. The File app allows to make folders Favorite, at least it works with iCloud.
    If I want to make a Onedrive folder a favorite by doing a long tap on the folder name, iOS offers the menu to do that, but the folder doesn‘t add to Favorites.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow multiple Office 365 accounts within an organization to sign-in OneDrive mobile app simultaneously

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive モバイル アプリにて同じ組織に属している複数の Office 365 アカウントでサインインができる機能の追加希望

Allow multiple Office 365 accounts within an organization to sign-in OneDrive mobile app simultaneously

■Description(内容):
    現時点の OneDrive モバイル アプリでは、同じ組織に属している複数の Office 365 アカウントで同時にサインインすることができない。
    同じ組織に属している複数の Office 365 アカウントでも同時にサインインできる機能の追加を希望します。

Currently it is not possible to sign in OneDrive mobile app using multiple Office 365 accounts within a same organization at the same time.

For improvement of usability and manageability, let multiple Office 365 accounts sign in to OneDrive mobile app at the same time.

Thank you for your consideration.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Flatten pdf

Add the ability to flatten PDF, so that when they are shared the markups are no longer editable.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow using “Erase” tool to erase your highlighted markups in OneDrive for iOS

■Title(件名):
    iOS 版 OneDrive アプリでのマーキング削除方法について

Allow using “Erase” tool to erase your highlighted markups in OneDrive for iOS

■Description(内容):
    iOS 版 OneDrive アプリにおいて、"蛍光ペン" 機能にてマーキングした部分を "消しゴム" 機能にて削除が可能となるよう、機能の追加を希望します。

Add the functionality to OneDrive for iOS for users to be able to delete the parts marked by “Highlight” tool with “Erase” tool.

Thank you for your consideration.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Image quality settings for images taken using the OneDrive app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリでの撮影した写真の画質設定について
    Image quality settings for images taken using the OneDrive app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリのカメラ機能で撮影した際の画像サイズが大きいため、撮影時の画質を既定で軽くできるよう撮影モードを選択できる機能の追加をお願いいたします。​
    The size for images taken using the camera feature in OneDrive app is big, so please add a feature for choosing other shooting modes that has a smaller default image quality size.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Scan in black and white

Love the new scan feature but is it possible to scan in grayscale? Colour is taking up a lot of space.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Uploading and renaming

When uploading files on iPad it would be very welcome to have the option of renaming the file. Files containing % fail to upload (e.g. chp%3A10.1007%2F978-3-319-24282-8_3.pdf), so one needs to first upload to a different app, rename and only then upload to OneDrive.

In the current UI renaming files is cumbersome, one needs first to press "...", which, by the way, once appears on the top of the screen, once at the bottom ...

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Quick Access to Favorites or Recent Folders, 3D Touch

It would be nice to have a favorites or recent folders option. Not sure if this should sync in any way to recently visited folders from all devices but end goal would be to have a quick way to access some sub folders instead of drilling down from the top directory every time. Maybe a swipe left or right on the main screen to get to folders or files you recently or frequently access and tagged/marked them as such.

For those iOS devices that support the additional 3D touch functionality you could also have favorites listed there. Press and hold…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automatic photo upload to OneDrive

Currently, OneDrive for iOS does not automatically upload photos in the background. To upload photos to OneDrive for iOS you have to open OneDrive, the it starts to upload photos and videos.

On the next version of OneDrive for iOS please give automatically upload photos and video to OneDrive without opening the app.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. TURN OFF SHAKE TO SEND FEEDBACK

I walk around while doing y work and this drives me insane plz fix.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Albums Offline

I have 622, photos in an album, but when in the photo tab, and albums is selected, I cannot simply make entire album available for offline!

I also cannot enter album and select pictures to be available offline!

I must go and sort through the masses to have offline photos!

Terrible!!!!!!

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Long file names

Hi, I have a lot of files wit long names and on this version of app, most of the file names are replaced with ... Which makes it really hard to see the files. Please change the behavior to show full names instead or add an option that will allow me to do that. Thanks

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Download and offline for complete photo albums

Enable simple, complete downloading a onedrice photo album to a local iPhone photo album or making it completely offline available in the onedrive app. NO more working on each individual file (thats nightmare for albums with many photos).

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pdf bookmarks and remember last open page + other features

Hi

1) I am jumping in and out of different pdfs and would the app to remember which page I last had open. I also would like a feature to bookmark certain pages for easy access to different parts of the document.

2) I am interested in a feature to change the view of my documents, such as 2 page view, full view etc. please have a look at some other PDF readers and you will see what aim looking for.

Best regards, Christian

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories