OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Shortcuts

Please i have a lot of folders make some options to put somewhere shortcuts for files and folders. God bless you.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Free up Space

Google Photos app on iOS has a free up space button that will automatically delete local copies of photos and videos after they have been successfully uploaded to Google Drive. I use OneDrive to backup my photos and videos from my phone. Would be great to have similar option in Onedrive app.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please bring back the original markup tool for PDF’s in iOS. The new version 10.38.2 makes editing a pain

The new version of onedrive has erased one of the best features for editing PDF’s. The older version of the Markup Tool made editing PDF’s much easier than what’s in place now. :(

-Please bring it back

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Download and offline for complete photo albums

Enable simple, complete downloading a onedrice photo album to a local iPhone photo album or making it completely offline available in the onedrive app. NO more working on each individual file (thats nightmare for albums with many photos).

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multiple personal accounts

We can sign in with multiple Business account, why not support multiple Personal accounts too?

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support playback for H.265 video on OneDrive online and mobile apps

This will save loads of space, and will save a lot of bandwidth

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Possibility to choose if camera roll creates subfolders by date and/or possibility to choose date format

With current version nesting photos based on date taken is being rolled out, however just in format camera roll \ year \ month. it will be nice to have possibility to opt out, or to choose diffeent formatting (camera roll \year-month-day for example.....)

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. stuck at “setting things up” how could you be so stupid and irresponsible

before the onedrive APP automatically upload the camera
    the onedrive APP will stupidly make clear the information of all the files in the whole onedrive(not only the files in the camera folder),and it will write the information in a database in the onedrive APP
    I have more than 100GB files in the onedrive.
    The consequence is the iOS onedrive APP cannot make clear the information of all the files. So it stuck at "Setting things up", and it has written more than 3GB date to the database aforementioned.
    and if you use an empty onedrive, you will find it can…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pdf bookmarks and remember last open page + other features

Hi

1) I am jumping in and out of different pdfs and would the app to remember which page I last had open. I also would like a feature to bookmark certain pages for easy access to different parts of the document.

2) I am interested in a feature to change the view of my documents, such as 2 page view, full view etc. please have a look at some other PDF readers and you will see what aim looking for.

Best regards, Christian

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow us to preview office files via OneDrive app for iOS

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    iOS 版 OneDrive アプリで、Office ファイルのプレビュー画面が表示されない
    Allow us to preview office files via OneDrive app for iOS

■Description(内容):
    iOS 版 OneDrive アプリを使用し、 OneDrive for Business 上の Office ファイルを選択し、[詳細] 画面を開いた際に、画面上部にプレビュー画面が表示されない。"詳細" 画面を開いた際に上部にプレビュー画面が表示されるよう、機能の改善をお願いします。

I would like to preview files from OneDrive app for iOS > Choose Office files from OneDrive for Business > click “details” button. Even I click “details” button, preview screen is not displayed.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Uploading and renaming

When uploading files on iPad it would be very welcome to have the option of renaming the file. Files containing % fail to upload (e.g. chp%3A10.1007%2F978-3-319-24282-8_3.pdf), so one needs to first upload to a different app, rename and only then upload to OneDrive.

In the current UI renaming files is cumbersome, one needs first to press "...", which, by the way, once appears on the top of the screen, once at the bottom ...

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Multiple accounts sign-in

Hi,

Since I have multiple one drive accounts, I always wanted to access all of them through one drive app at the tip of my finger without signing out one and signing in the other and have hassle of switching from one to another...

I recently updated and saw such message in the beginning when I loaded the app that said now access multiple accounts at the same time, I felt soooo good but when I tried signing in, it says only one personal account can be signed in..

I donno what makes one account personal and the other work…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Camera upload options

I have multiple devices using one drive to upload their photos but they all end up in the same camera roll folder. An option for a separate sub folder for each device would be great. It will make it a lot easier to organise the family pictures.
    Also you could go further and do a separate folder for each month/ year. This would be good for the unorganised person, like myself who has over a thousand pictures to sort through.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Offline

Make it so you can make a whole folder offline at once. Not just selecting files one by one it takes forever.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Duplicate files

There needs to be a way to duplicate files on the iPhone and iPad. I have a PDF that I would like to annotate repeatedly, but I need a way to use the same copy multiple times. Thanks.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Short url's

I've been looking for a way to make short URL's in he mobile app and still haven't been able to find it. It'll be nice if its integrated in the next update or at least easier to see if it's already included

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Contact Backup

Please allow an auto back up of contacts
    Also auto back up of the music

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Undo

Have an undo option. I accidentally moved a file and didn’t know which folder I had thrown it into. If there were an undo option, I could’ve used it to move the folder back. Thanks!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 我在Word文档中创建了12页的4行目录,在iPad上用OneDrive预览打开后只显示1行目录,而且打开时间超过1分钟,有时候卡死根本打不开,我的Word文档只有170KB

我在Word文档中创建了12页的4行目录,在iPad上用OneDrive预览打开后只显示1行目录,而且打开时间超过1分钟,有时候卡死根本打不开,我的Word文档只有170KB

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hewlett-Packard HP Smart

I would like to be able to print from OneDrive to hp smart print. HP smart print does not have the option to select printing from onedrive. Thank you.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base