OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Make it possible to choose folders to sync in the photos backup feature for iPhone

Make it possible to choose folders to sync in the photos backup feature for iPhone

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add function to save attachments from the iOS version of Outlook to a specific OneDrive folder

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    iOSアプリ版Outlookから添付ファイルをOneDriveの任意のフォルダに保存したい
    Add function to save attachments from the iOS version of Outlook to a specific OneDrive folder

■Description(内容):
    iOS にて Outlook アプリを利用しています。
    添付ファイルを含むメールを受信した際に、ファイルの保存を利用することができますが、このファイルの保存先が既定で自身の OneDrive for Business 直下となる "添付ファイル" フォルダーから変更することができません。
    それぞれのユーザーが任意で自身の OneDrive for Business 内のフォルダーを自由に選択できることで、一度保存したファイルを OneDrive for Business 上で移動するなどの作業が不要となることから、この機能の追加を要望します。

We are using the iOS version of the Outlook app.

If mails are received with attachments, it’s possible to save them, but if OneDrive for Business is selected as the save destination it is not possible to change the folder from the “Attachments” folder.

We would like to see this functionality improved such that it is no longer…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the PDF annotation interface

The old versions had a much better interface for annotating PDF files, there was the option to add text and shapes as an annotation and there was also a wide selection of colors to choose from when using a pencil or highlighter. The old interface even looked more modern and elegant and matched the blue theme of the app plus it was movable. This new interface looks bad, does not move around, has very limited options and an extremely narrow selection of colors.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remember last folder accessed

Please add ability for app to remember the last folder accessed to eliminate having to hunt around for the same folder over and over again. This comes in handy when uploading a file or series of files from other apps.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    James

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default sorting option

App should have a default sorting option in the settings menu and able to change default sorting (name) to something else for all folders (such as newest).
    Currently I have to change sorting on every folder I visit on the app manually which should be really set by an option once as mentioned above.
    Regards
    Max.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. to have OCR recognition (like Google Drive) , so that a pdf file could be transformed to a word file

You should have an OCR recognition (like Googel Drive), so that a pdf file could be transformed to a word file

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Offline files

Organization of offline files - it would be nice to be able to create folders to organize offline files on the OneDrive iPad app. Also it would nice to be able to select entire folders or to have a "Select all" option to make files available offline instead of having to select files individually.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. About the save destination when you start the camera from the OneDrive application of iOS device and shoot

■Title(件名):
    iOS 端末の OneDrive アプリよりカメラを起動し撮影した場合の保存先について

About the save destination when you start the camera from the OneDrive application of iOS device and shoot

■Description(内容):
    現状 iOS 端末の OneDrive アプリよりカメラを起動し撮影した場合、OneDrive アプリにサインインをしているユーザーの OneDrive 内の写真を保存をできます。
    しかし、撮影した写真は自分の OneDrive 内の特定のフォルダーか共有ライブラリ (SharePoint Online チームサイトのドキュメント ライブラリ) しか保存先として指定ができません。
    共有されたフォルダー内に直接撮影した写真を保存したいため、特定のフォルダーのみではなく共有されたフォルダーも含め、すべてのフォルダーを保存先として選択できるよう機能の追加を希望します。

Currently, if you launch the camera from the OneDrive app on your iOS device and take a picture, you can save the photos in OneDrive of the user who is signed in to the OneDrive app.
    However, the photos you take can only be stored in a specific folder in your OneDrive or in a shared library (a…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Offline

Love to make folders of content available offline, I can upload folders, with folders inside with content, but would currently have to select files to download rather than sync files

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Play .vob files

I hae many vob files in my one drive folder. And none of them can be viewed fron one drive app on any ios device, however i can play and view them from google drive app on the same ios devices. Please add ability to play vob files in to onedrive app

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deleting Old Work Account From OneDrive

Can you add the functionality to delete an old work account from the OneDriveApp?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Slideshow

Could you please integrate a slideshow feature into albums

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Attaching OneDrive for Business files to emails in Outlook App

The Outlook App (iPad) only allows to attach personal files from OneDrive. Please provide the option to attach files from OneDrive for Business.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sharing Photos

When sharing photos with someone. Have those photos show in their Photos tab.

I shared all my photos with my wife. But she cannot see them in her photos tab within the iOS app.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option in iOS app to upload only while charging

There is now an option to upload only while charging in the Android app, but this feature has not been extended to the iOS app. Please implement this on iOS as well.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. disable option

When i upload photo's in the maps-directory, the pictures are also seen in the ios-app under photo's. Maybe there will be an option to disable this.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Folder Downloading

If at all possible, I'd like to see a way to download a whole folder of images to an iOS device. With too many to count, all of that selecting can get a bit tedious.

Specifically to the camera roll.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. HEIF

Will you guys be able to support Apple's new High Efficiency Image File Format (HEIF)? I think this will be huge as it will save a lot of space on the device as well in the cloud storage service.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Pinning" to home screen on iOS

Would love to be able to pin or add a folder or file on OneDrive to the Home screen for quick access.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Spotlight search?

What happened to spotlight search being able to find files? I know I used to be able to do it. Why did you get rid of it?

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base