OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Having only one OneDrive folder

I hate how all my files on my computer sync when I sign into OneDrive. I will never use OneDrive on my PC until they give me the option to only have OneDrive in one folder, not syncing all my Documents, Pictures, Desktops, etc. Documents on one computer are different from the others. Same with Pictures, and Desktops. This is especially frustrating when video games and program use the Documents or Pictures folders to save files. And if this function already exists, make it easier to find; maybe on the setup screen! I want to choose which files sync.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hard time telling where files are kept.

User instructions need to make it very clear where the file is stored -- only in the cloud (and erased from hard drive) or if they exist on both the hard drive and in the cloud

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ver en la aplicación de escritorio del business los archivos y carpetas compartidas

Ver en la aplicación de escritorio del business los archivos y carpetas compartidas

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add a XML editor or viewer for formatting XML backup instead of displaying it on a plain editer

Having an XML viewer or editor would make reading the XML backup file easier than tiring to read it in a plain editor,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have folders on the left like windows explorer

This would help so much with dragging and dropping. If we had the ability to expand the folders on the left, we wouldn't have to keep clicking on the actual folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make the settings work better.

I disabled sync and yet was notified it was syncing file, anyway. Grrrr!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More

Hi I think u should be able to get iPad and Windows to interact with this cause it would really help with uploading stuff onto my channel on YouTube I'm schliech boomer,

thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve functionality with removable media

I use a portable hard drive to store my OneDrive folder. I often undock my laptop and take it on the road but not the hard drive. When the computer starts I get an error message that the OneDrive folder is missing and then OneDrive is automatically disabled. I then have to manually start OneDrive and completely setup OneDrive again the next time I use it with the portable hard drive. I feel that OneDrive should be a little smarter than that and allow for the detachment of the media to occur without breaking the configuration every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Local links converted to external links to OneDrive version of workbook containing the links.

Workbook links to data in worksheets within that same workbook have been redirected to the OneDrive version of itself. This was applied at Excel's initiative, not as a result of user's changes. Version is Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Excel. "Use Office applications to sync Office files that I open" under File collaboration in OneDrive is unchecked.

I suggest removing this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. customer service phone number

Need Customer Service Phone Number and Email address VISIBLE and EASY so we can suggest Verbally and then send you to email at Onedrive Help Team Ticket Number Generated for the Inquiry from Microsoft one drive team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add shared folder access monitoring to OneDrive.

It would be nice to know who accesses what on a folder that I've shared. I don't need instant notifications, but I would like to be able to check an access log. Not to prevent access, but the opposite - people are supposed to download the files that I have asked them to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. huge problem when you restore your full backup of windows

you need to add a feature to onedrive for supporting full backup , i get a full backup on drive C and after 1 month i restore it full backup everything is ok execpt onedrive , i mean onedrive delete my new content i have before restoring backup , after restoring full backup (for example by acronis true image) , all old my cloud content replaced to clouddrive !
    hopefully i restore it one by one file from web UI (its get take time) , i hope in next update you will fix this issue on your program ! or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Desktop Photo Manager option

The OneDrive online photo manager seems great and has gotten good reviews. However, I would like to be able to carry the online photo management capabilities to my desktop. My photos are in countless folders, redundant, and inaccessible without a lot of clicking. Being able to sort chronologically but also by theme - like by animal or person - would be great

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please provide a facility where One Drive will show which folders are Duplicate / Local Copy with synchronisation problem

Please provide a facility where One Drive will show which folders are Duplicate / Local Copy with synchronisation problem. Switching off notification is currently only way to avoid notifications that one can do nothing about!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. mac版和windows版本之前同步把资料都给同步没了

mac版和windows版本之前同步把资料都给同步没了

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is option of pause syncing only. Give option of stop syncing also.

There is option of pause syncing only but no stop option. Give option of stop syncing, else once a large folder is selected for syncing there is no stopping even if you want the reverse the same immediately thereafter !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use of OneDrive is not intuitive. I was able to move some pictures from iPhone to PC, then no more.

I see files on OneDrive on my PC which I sent to OneDrive on my iPhone, but I see no way to move them to a folder on my PC. They might as well not exist. This app is most definitely not intuitive. Folowing the directions, OneDrive says it is "Up to date", so it shows no files, but there are no files in the OneDrive folder on the PC. So, where the heck are they? Very Frustrating!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base