OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Poprawić błędy językowe w e-mailach zawierających kod weryfikacyjny

W e-mailach zawierających kod weryfikacyjny produktu Microsoft OneDrive są grube błędy językowe. E-mail zaczyna się słowami „Witaj, Ze względów bezpieczeństwa musisz wprowadzić kod poniżej...”. Otóż w języku polskim wyraz po przecinku pisze się małą literą. Ponadto słowo „Witaj” używa się, jeśli np gospodarz wita gościa w progach swojego domu, albo jeśli pozlogowaniu się do jakiegoś serwisu wyświetlana jest informacja powitalna. E-mail z kodem weryfikacyjnym nie jest e-maile powitalnym, w związku z tym wyraz ten jest tutaj błędny. Można użyć np. "Dzień dobry!". Proszę o poprawienie tych błędów językowych.
    Z Poważaniem.

Marcin Hippe

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow read only shared folder with files on-demand

Currently, the Add to my OneDrive is only available with read/write folders. It's a nonsense! The Add to my OneDrive is great to share content to others but keep control to the content only by me while using files on-demand. Please allow it! Should not be that difficult.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make sure the time and date of the original files, copied to OneDrive is kept... For documents and photos this is really important....

For me this is a really drawback to make OneDrive my main sync platform. I cannot trust the files are not modified from their time-line...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. fix the Files on-demand as it is a nightmare.

Please fix the Files on-demand as it is a nightmare.
    The user never knows what is the reason why the files do not upload to the network and OneDrive conflicts with Office Upload Center.

You know, testing the software and testing the integration of the software will give you good results if done right ;-)

And yeah, sorry, I am not giving my ideas for free to Microsoft. nice trick ;-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Windows 10 is a product of high quality. However, I'd like to help with my suggestions. Rafael Aguilar

Windows 10 is a product of high quality. However, I'd like to help with my suggestions.

I don't speak a word of English, I'm Spanish Castilla and the Castilians bothers us having to learn English (do not take it wrong, please). The case is for example:

With OneDrive, you have a serious problem with the translation to the Spanish. The product is very good, however to not be fully translated into the Spanish of Spain, you are wasting large market posed by persons aged 45 years or more, these people are not willing to learn English. I have sensed that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Icon for file statua - uploading/uploaded (DropBox style)

As of now you can't see on PC folder which files are already uploaded and which ones in process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. i cannot connet to onedrive web

i cannot connet to onedrive web

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug Report: Upload/Sync/Error icons do not correlate with actual file status

As requested by OneDrive advisor who was unable to solve issue, I am reporting issue here: Red error icons appear on my folders in windows explorer despite all files being synced. The syncing icon also appears on folders when all files within such folder are synced. This seems to be a display issue only as all files available online and on hardrive. Unlinking and relinking or uninstalling and reinstalling does not solve the issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive crash everytime after a while when it's try to transfer 1 TB data

OneDrive crash everytime after a while when it's tries to transfer 1 TB data, it can't handle big or much files at ones. Fix it please and make a FTP link to upload file more easely.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring Back The OneDrive Windows Store App From Windows 8

It was much more informative than the desktop app. I like to be able to see the files in the queue and other activities going on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. win10 TP Build 10159. i now have the one drive up and running. However, i can not move the one drive path nor do i have the off line option.

I am running windows 10 TP Build 10159. I now have the one drive up and running. However, I can not move the one drive path nor do I have the off line option. the surface model does not have a large Hard drive so this off line only option is the best of both worlds. I can still have it as just a back up and sync just the files I need at the time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Videos no longer play in OneDrive within site

Recently my videos no longer play within the OneDrive website or IOS.
    They always played, I received a email from MS some codecs are no longer supported. Some videos that’s still play use the same Mov or MP4 format. On top of it Microsoft still charges me for a service that recently stopped working

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. order quick prints from our photo storage files

Used to be able to order quick prints from photo storage. Selected photos were uploaded to Walgreens for one hour printing. This feature is disabled and there appears to be no other way to order prints from my desktop using OneDrive. WHY? It looks like I would be able to do this quite easily from Shutterfly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sync files stored on the desktop

iCloud does this and it's a fabulous option. Lots of people store many files on their desktop and they're the easiest to accidentally lose
    Adding an option for OneDrive to sync files on the desktop (not including shortcuts) would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. don't down all files,only the index files, please!!!!

don't down all files,only the index files, please!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Open instead of download

One of the things I like the least about One Drive is that I have to download what I've open rather than just a right click to 'open with' or simply double click to have it open to its default file type.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base