OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to pin the OneDrive status window

Currently, the OneDrive client disappears as soon as you click off of it. It would be nice to have the ability to pin it so it stays open. There are times I prefer to watch which files, if any, are being synced.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can't sync my photo in picture camera roll on my pc

as before on win8.1, the picture on onedrive are combine my phone camera roll & pc camera roll. but, on win10 only sync my phone camera roll at onedrive. if I need sync the photo at pc need manual put it to onedrive folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Observe read-only folders when there is a clash

Are we supposed to report bugs here? Anyway, here goes...

I share a folder from own OneDrive with every user in the organisation. It contains some useful PowerShell scripts and shortcuts (lnk files) that everyone needs access to.

The folder is shared read-only....

There is a sub-folder in there called "Shortcuts" - it contains LNK files. One day this month something happened whereby all the computers with a sync'd copy of this folder attempted to write to this folder. Of course, they aren't allowed to but they still created a clash folder called "Shortcuts-LAPTOPxxx".

This got OneDrive in a very…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 원 드라이브 내에 있는 엑셀 파일과 파워포인트 파일이 열리지 않네요

2일 전부터 원드라이브 내에 있는 엑셀 파일과 파워포인트 파일을 더블 클릭으로 열려고 하니 그대로 프로그램들이 죽습니다. 다른 위치는 문제가 없는데 원드라이브 내 파일만 그러네요.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 제발

동기화가 제대로 되긴 하는건지 모르겠어요 파일 삭제를 한 뒤 동기화가 진행되면 클라우드 파일도 삭제되야 맞는것 아니예요? 도대체 삭제를 몇번해도 같은파일이 계속 살아나고 쓸데없이 삭제한파일 살리는데에 리소스를 잡아먹으니 도대체 클라우드라고 만든건지 고물을 만든건지 모르겟어요. 제발 동기화 제대로 처리되게 해주세요. 파일정리좀 합시다 제발.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. doc to docx conversion

Conversion of .doc files with folders with .docx files. We have clients that we did work on their files from a few years ago so the compatibility issues of keeping these files in the same folders and trying to have one drive sync has created issues such as "read only" or "cannot save"...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. GPO to manage 'start onedrive automatically when i sign into windows' setting

Can we please get a GPO to manage the option of:
    'start onedrive automatically when i sign into windows' and prevent users from being able to untick this option.
    Having OneDrive silently sign in is useless if the app does not auto start when a user logs into Windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow any version of OneDrive to start up in corporate environment.

Seeing an issue if you deploy the latest OneDrive production version through SCCM in your environment, but have the GPO set to delay updating until the second release wave, your users will not be able to launch OneDrive to sign in and configure the application. The users will get an error of 0x8004de22. In the OneDrive setup logs you'll see something like "10/17/2018 03:45:23.260 UpdateDownloader: !WARNING! (0x00000000) Downloaded an update which is either a downgrade or the same version! [18.172.0826.0010] to [18.172.0826.0010]"

If you remove the Group Policy around delaying until second release wave, your users will be able to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please regulate image automatically

To view share without losing large data charges

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can Windows perhaps invent a HELP system that doesn't require waiting 24 hours for someone to email you back. - Called TALKING!

How about a system - like Apple have - when you can get to talk to a real person when you have exhausted the 'on line' solutions that you get told don't apply to your particular type of account - which is one you pay real money for each month

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. seria interessante que permitisse criar senha para onedrive no computador para proteger os arquivos, quando o computador e usado por outros

seria interessante que permitisse criar senha para onedrive no computador para proteger os arquivos, quando o computador e usado por mais de uma pessoa, sendo que so permite essa função no celular.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix creating new folder

Fix the fact that when you create a new directory on a pc ... getting a "new folder" it's practically impossible to rename it. One drive starts immediately syncing and whatever you type gets replaced, refreshed, select all happens... in any case impossible to use. The only way around is to create a folder on the pc locally, then rename it, and then only put it on onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Subida de datos

Subida de datos: en mi caso, tengo 3988 archivos subiendo. Noto que, el sistema, sube simultáneamente varios archivos. Mi sugerencia es que; primero, suba de uno en uno (es mejor un dato completo que varios incompletos) segundo; que el usuario pueda escoger que la subida sea por peso, por fecha por tipo de archivo. tercero, que se pueda pausar archivos en específico.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Comment se fait-il que, sans me demander mon avis, onedrive ait vidé mon ordinateur de ses fichiers pour les transférer sur le drive?

Comment se fait-il que, sans me demander mon avis, onedrive ait vidé mon ordinateur de ses fichiers pour les transférer sur le drive?
    Je suis d'accord pour avoir une COPIE de mes fichiers sur le drive. Mais je veux que TOUS mes fichiers soient disponibles hors connection.
    Comment se fait-il qu'on ne m'ait pas demandé prealablement si je preferais COPIER ou TRANSFERER ces fichiers ?
    Comment se fait-il qu'il ait fallu que je passe 1h avant d'avoir la réponse, qu'il fallait cocher "toujours conserver sur cet appareil" Pourquoi cette fonction n'est-elle pas cochée par défaut ?
    Vraiment je suis très…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable sync to a separate share as a backup

My team has a projects share that everyone backs their work to so that everyone has access to work done on previous projects. It would be great if OneDrive could sync my work to this sort of separate server so I'm not constantly having to manually backup my work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let me enter in my email with my password please!

Please.
    I need to open my inbox im the computer, but i can not enter to my acount because you want me to put some code that i cant reach.
    I know my password, why do need more steps? Dont do it more complicate. I will migrate to Gmail, you dont let me any options!
    KISS
    Keep it simple....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base