OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It will be good if we can pause files so small size file uploaded first. It would be great if we can pause and sync multiple doc according

It will be good if we can pause files so small size file uploaded first. It would be great if we can pause and sync multiple doc according to our need . Currently if we pause it paused all files .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One Drive Needs Security via 2FA Authenticator App before logging in on Windows 10 Pro

Add 2FA via Authenticator App Random #'s, before allowing backups on One Drive when logging in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Die Synchronisation auch eines Netzlaufwereks sollte möglich sein

Die Synchronisation auch eines Netzlaufwereks sollte möglich sein

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive keeps syncing

OneDrive keeps telling updating 15 files. Downloading 117 MB of 117 MB.
    I can't see which files it are. Can I let it stop.
    Shutting down and start the computer again didn't had any effect.
    I hope there is an idea.
    Thanks,

John

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. smart files

Please bring back Smart Files placeholders for Win10!

Yes, you can deselct folders in the OneDrive settings after the initial synch. However, it means that to see anything that is "cloud only" you MUST go to the web portal FIRST. The shortcuts made it SO easy because you could just open the physical folder and see it all. If you need something it would just download. You could also switch this feature on and off per folder or file with a simple right click. It was awesomeness!

I read the article that said being rid of it was something about…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable manual sync for Windows 10. It takes forever for my Win 10 PC to see changes to files that I created/updated from another location.

In Windows 8, I was able to right-click on the onedrive icon and click 'sync', and it immediately pulled down any updates that I had made from other devices. Since upgrading to Windows 10, sometimes I have to wait hours or restart my PC to open files that I created or updated from another device, even though they are accessible when I log into office.com. I have even tried exiting and restarting onedrive, it says that it has synced, but it usually has not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please remove the personal limitation on domain connected computers.

Folder protection doesn't work on domain-connected computers when using a personal OneDrive account. I'm sure there are revenue reasons behind this. I have several children sharing a couple of computers and have them on a domain so that it doesn't matter which one they use. I wish they could still protect their own files with their own OneDrive account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. error text in the ui (windows chinese version)

when i install the onedrive and login, the list shows download with xx kb/s, but the title shows upload xx mb .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. prioritization for uploading when not web browsing or playing games/working when computer is left on.

when in desktop not running web browsers or playing games or using apps that need the internet to upload or download information the cloud drive makes flies selected uploaded automatically for you if you so desire it and for auto backups of your entire system for data migration to a new computer from your old one or for duplication to new hardware only needing a physical yubikey 5 fido key to access in case of forgetting your password for enterprise and power elite user levels with massive TB usage needing to migrate data or duplicate it seamlessly to new machine…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. support more countries to buy additional storage (Lebanon)

support more countries to buy onedrive additional storage after the 15GB (free) + 15GB (camera roll) options are dropped

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Let me turn off notifications about not syncing because of a metered connection. I appreciate it...but you don't have to tell me every time.

Also: when I clicked Feedback in my app, it took me to https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/category/86087-windows , which is an archived forum.

I would report my version number, but I can't find any "about" or the version number anywhere. I suspect I'm up to date. (Up to date Windows and Office.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide an obvious way to remove the OneDrive icon from the desktop in Win 10 Home

I have no intention of using OneDrive on my laptop with 10 Home and don't want to see the icon on the desktop continuously.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. se pueda grabar en la nube sin necesidad de utilizar espacio en el drive que lo levanta

sencillo. no utilizar el disco duro sea del teléfono, tableta, notebook o cualquier dispositivo al alzar a la nube. para que quiero nube si al borrar del disco duro borra en. la nube?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add “creation date” to the fields a user can easily display for a file.

To see when a file was originally created you currently must right click and look at its properties. The properties tell you when your document was created. However you can't pull this date out onto a main display enabling you to sort or find based on its creation date. You can only see it through "properties". Many suggestions are similar to this idea but no action is being taken to help us. We need creation date, and modified date, in addition to the date it was recently downloaded from OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Updating onedrive is very very slow from the PC. Would be helpful to have a "Flush" icon that forces immediate update in the cloud.

Updating onedrive is very very slow from the PC. Would be helpful to have a "Flush" icon that forces immediate update to the cloud. eg: I uploaded a 14mb folder and then attempted to share a link. As the file has not been fully uploaded I cannot send the link, have been waiting 20 minutes....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve the speed on 1st login when using the sync client

On 1st login the sync client takes about 5 minutes to startup and login to OneDrive for Business. When using shared devices not 1:1 this is not as good as mapped network drives. Please can you provide a way to speed up the process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How can I take this **** out of my computer it bothers me all the ******* time ****

How can I take this out of my computer it bothers me all the * time **

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give me3 my files back yu7ou ****

Give my files back fuckl

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why do some MS apps go around OneDrive client?

Some WIN10 apps like Fotos, Groove, OfficeLens and others have their 'own' logic to access / sync OneDrive. Why the **** do NOT ALL apps simply use data access through the OneDrive client? Is there no management in MS to coordinate development?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base