OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hy! Ifound mistake. I got the error message that the onedrive program can not update. I have W10 Pro, ver 1703. arvaizsoka@gmail.com

Hy! I found mistake. I got the error message that the onedrive program can not update. I have W10 Pro, ver 1703.
    Do somebody knows wy?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Files was deteted aotomatically by One Driver

Hello, yesterday I uploaded some files in One Driver from Windows, but this morning I surprised found that all files were deteted automatically, it is pretty weird, can you please investage and let me know why and who or which One driver delete these files? Now all files has been put back to One Driver by my colleague's help. Urgent! as this will affect my business. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a faster way to restore OneDrive files to a new computer.

I restored to the new computer from my backup (63gb of data) and now sync has been running for 3 days and is only at 15gb. It is ridiculous to have to sync them all over again. I saved my personal settings in my Microsoft Account, why is the sync not saved?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it possible to change the folder's location

Very simple. Seems like it should be a no-brainer.

I am shaking with anger right now, OneDrive is the worst thing i've ever used. I just want to change the folder, why's that not a prominent option? And why does OneDrive automatically download everything, creating a useless 190Gb folder on my main C: drive rather than my actual D: drive?

I have no suggestions to improve OneDrive except throw it away and start over, it's unsalvageable. My only advice for its users is to use something else.

Absolutely dreadful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add option to open file location from synch issues dialog

I’d like an enhancement so that when the dialog displaying synch errors is open, an option is added that allows the user to click one of the files that’s having problems synching, and open it’s file location. Currently, the user must manually navigate in Windows Explorer to that file’s location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm only lamenting the loss of the old version

It just sucks that everytime I have to send someone a file from my business (uni) account I have to share the file and I can't just send it.
    It also terribly sucks that I can't find the stuff I saved on One Drive without opening the app. The interaction with the rest of Windows just worked WAY BETTER before this latest update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. it always crash after i chose the folder i want to sync with.

this problem occur after the update recently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. change one drive name on windows explorer and synch to the new domain

change one drive name on windows explorer and synch to the new domain

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Desktop app like Dropbox.

Dropbox app for desktop is really good. It looks in both desktop version of onedrive and online version of dropbox. Its so easy to use and really good UI for a desktop app. I like to open Dropbox desktop version everyday without going into explorer. I looks ****. Microsoft should change its onedrive app for good. Its boring and not very user friendly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Coffre fort Onedrive synchronisable sur certaines machines choisies seulement

il est inadmissible que le coffre fort descende par défaut sur une machine. le choix des dossiers à synchroniser doit être effectué avant toute installation et à la demande uniquement après une authentification forte systématique, sinon votre coffre fort ne sert à rien !!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Zugriffsprobleme automatisch bearbeiten

Neuerdings gibt es immer wieder einmal Probleme mit Zugriffsberechtigungen (weißes x in rotem Kreis auf dem Wolkensymbol) Fehlermeldung x Dateien konnten nicht synchronisiert werden, anscheinend haben Sie keine Zugriffsberechtigung.
    Wie ich inzwischen gelernt habe lässt sich dieses Problem durch Schließen von OneDrive und anschließendes Wieder-Öffnen beheben. Daher schlage ich vor, eine Routine zu programmieren, die im Fall eines Fehlers mit Zugriffsproblemen zunächst das Programm schließt und neu startet, erst nach zwei erfolglosen Reparaturversuchen sollte die Fehlermeldung ausgegeben werden.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I feel there is overreach in one drive taking over the sync of my desktop without explanation

the one drive desktop sync is "out of the blue" for those of us who simply use one drive for cloud storage.

One drive is like a bull in a china shop.

There should be an Introduction tutorial if a process is going to eliminate our data in a way that we do not expect.

Microsoft is great in many ways but too much is assumed by those who are designing new features.

There should be a whole department organized to serve as a liaison for explaining to neophytes unexpected consequences of a new application's function.

This page is an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug in Bugs

Hallo liebes OneDrive Team!
    Die OneDrive Software für Windows ist meine Meinung nicht gut genug.
    - Es gibt keine (schnell auffinbare) deutsche Support Seite.

• Die OneDrive Aplikation hat viele Bugs. Einige davon:
      -- Die Synchronisierung wird nicht abgeschlossen. Der Ordner wird angezeit al waäre dieser nur auf dem Coputer verfügbar. Und nicht Immer Vefügbar.
      -- Die Position vom Icon menü im system tray ist störend und unschön. es wird nicht oberhalb von der Start Leiste angezeigt sondern höher.

Es hat micht sehr entäuscht und verärgert diese Software zu nutzen.
    Bitte bessert die Bugs aus und testet eure Software vor der…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please, please provide someway of pausing or slowing down the OneDrive sync. It's completely clogging our broadband.

Please, please provide someway of pausing or slowing down the OneDrive sync. It's completely clogging our broadband.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When we activate "files on demand", the thumbnails of audio and video files simply disappear, showing only the icons. Even leaving on both s

When we activate "files on demand", the thumbnails of audio and video files simply disappear, showing only the icons. Even leaving on both sides: local and cloud. Which is quite strange.
    As a OneDrive subscriber I end up losing this function that is very important to save disk. Something needs to be fixed on OneDrive.
    Disabling "files on demand", thumbnails appear perfectly.
    In theory: it needs urgent correction.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base