OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. payment method for onedrive

Can the payment be made in a wider variety such as paid by payme app? Because the paypal and visa payment need exposure of personal privacy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I upgraded windows 10 pro last night, there comes a problem with my onedrive and onenote 2013 desktop. error 0xE020045

I upgraded windows 10 pro last night, there comes a problem with my onedrive and onenote 2013 desktop. error 0xE020045

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve OneDrive setup

It took me many hours to figure out how to configure OneDrive to keep my files on my hard drive and copy them to the Cloud.

The two key elements are - 1. Select the check the checkbox for Files on Demand and 2. Right click on the OneDrive folder and Select Always Keep on this Drive. #1 Needs a better explanation and #2 is poorly documented - I spent days looking a posts before I found that one.

Files on Demand check box is misleading - it gives you the impression that the files are only stored in the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix the "Getting ready to sync..." message

It would be good to have an option to sync files from the cloud to the computer.

Today, when I press sync it just stalls with a "Getting ready to sync..." subwindow in my browser.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ok just did a rebuild on my New PC Please dont ***** it up Trusted Installer!

I have just done a rebuild on my ROG G20aj Please Trusted Installer AKA Microsoft Don't ***** it up again, with you massive trash updates
    I'm not your lab rat! An I would really like to use it for awhile before ya mess it up again, took me 2 days to get It right after the last upgrade an Trusted Installer malfunctioning updates.
    Thank You!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Groove Muziek

Bestandsysteemfout bij Groove Muziek

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. get rid of your tags for the photos

Get rid of your tags. many photos end up under unrelated tags. when photos are put into album tags don't go away thought it would driving me mad hate it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive and Office 2016

The OneDrive application stays in a state of "processing changes" while I'm working on a word document. If I turn auto-save off, then it stops. And I can hit save and it'll process each time. But if auto-save is on, as soon as I make once change it turns to "processing changes" and stays there. And I can only assume that is part of why my battery doesn't make it as far as it used to (before this started happening)--I'm losing a minimum of an hour of battery time out of the whole day (estimated because I only noticed what's…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back folder selection upon initial sync from Sharepoint

There used to be an option, when initially syncing from SharePoint, in which the user was able to pick and choose which folders in a document library to sync. That option is no longer available and should be restored in future versions of OD. With the current version, the entire document library syncs automatically, and if you want to deselect undesirable folders, you have to go into OD Settings and Choose Folders and wait a considerable amount of time before your changes take effect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Was soll dieser Quark

Erstens sind die Dateien Eigentum des Users und nicht Ihre, also unterlassen sie es, das OnDrive sich voll selbstständig die Dateien des Users zu Eigen macht ohne Nach zu fragen und dabei das Arbeiten nicht nur mit denen stört, sondern sogar diese den Hackern zum Fraß vorwirft. Ich hebe in diesem Jahr wegen diesen Unsinn viele unwiederbringliche wichtige Dokumente verloren in Ihrem Internetwarnsinn. Online ist das was sie wollen, dann fragen sie mal die Firmen, die absolut ihr Netzwerk vom Internet abkoppeln, warum diese es tuen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. don't offer the installation each and every time. I won't change my mind.

You would better offer an option for a complete uninstallation of the onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 个人保管库文件被删除

我把一张照片放到了你们新推出的个人保管库,当时同步的文件比较多,文件没有同步完成就关闭了电脑。过了两天后打开,发现照片不见了。在我同步文件的时候,有看到如附件文件所示,想知道你们的新版本怎么更新?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Request document name when new document is being created

When using the "New" file option and selecting Word Document (I have not checked other options), it automatically saves it as "Document". Why not request the User enter the filename at the start.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. one drive загружает диск с

one drive заполняет пространство на диск с, пожалуйста исправьте

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Free Windows 10

Makes no since to give free Windows 10 now to take other things away just to charge people for apps that should come with your computer pay enough for them as it is. Then it downloads windows 10 only to have to now get it off my computer or probably will want to charge for that too but I have tried to find out how to get it off and all I see is a bunch of problems people have trying to delete it. Not even have figured how to use things on there yet. Now I have to worry…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base