OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pausing the Sync for One Drive.

I want to control an select days and times from a calendar to set sync options e.g. Mon, Wed, Fri @ 2am to use my data package when it costs me less.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include "PowerRename" functionality as part of OneDrive install

I think it might be useful to include Microsoft PowerToys' PowerRename as part of the OneDrive install, or it's functionality.

Why?
    - a space takes 3 characters (&20) in SharePoint storage. These extra characters add up across the entire file path and could cause sync issues for the end-user.
    - end-users may have many existing files that may require 'clean up' or conversion to more efficient file naming convention. PowerRename tool permits renaming single or multiple file's space character to a dash (or other acceptable character).

OneDrive could even have a program setting option to:
    - continue using spaces in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clearer error messages for the backup feature ideally with fix options

I ran into an issue with oneDrive business that caused the backup view (where you can select photos, documents etc for backup) to display an error stating that I needed to disable personal backup before I could start this backup. I do not have oneDrive personal, and the error has no way of solving this issue. I eventually ended up using procmon to spot what the backup window was doing and saw that for some reason, I had a personal registry key along with the business1 key. once I erased this, it saw all my files as duplicates and made…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. sécuriser onedrive sur windows 10

Bonjour à toute l'équipe de Microsoft
    Mon idée est de mettre des l'ouverture de Windows Code d'accès pour pouvoir accéder à Onedrive Ça serait plus sécurisant

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Que el escritorio del usuario/a pueda estar realmente dentro de la carpeta del OneDrive aunque se muestra de forma idéntica al actual,

En muchos escritorios encontramos documentos o carpetas para trabajar ficheros de forma temporal o fija. Estaría bien que el usuario pudiera indicar que el escritorio que se muestra guarda los ficheros que allí se establecen en OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto save

One drive should concentrate on the basics. It is possibly the worst cloud storage at those.
    Make sure my files are safe. Not from bin Laden, just from error. Errors which occur when a file is open and being worked on but something happens to the internet connection.
    OneDrive should save to the device physical storage first then back that up to the cloud. Too many times there are sync errors and a duplicate file is made.

You end up spending hours pouring back through your lengthy documents just to try and remember what changes you made to which version…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. sync kills everything super slow super high latancy it restores deleted files maybe a problem wich the steam sync ...

sync kills everything super slow super high latancy it restores deleted files maybe a problem wich the steam sync ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't Limit is useless

The Don't Limit for upload appears to be useless. When I use it. it will almost immediately kill my network connection. I have to reset my modem to get connectivity back.
    I realize that I'm asking to somehow limit the don't limit option. But there has to be someway to make this option usable. Otherwise you may as well rename it to "kill my internet connection"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Copy File from the Task Tray Pop-Up

The left-click pop-up from OneDrive in the task tray is really cool. Listing the recent file activity is great. It then leads to wanting to be able to right-click on a file in the pop-up list and do various File Explorer operations with it. One obvious one is copying the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. a few features

More control over syncing(be able to pause and throttle it)
    A visual log of files being transferred
    Being able to stop the installation of office 365 version when you already have onedrive installed
    Better web UI on windows phone, transferring files from email to onedrive is too many steps - including having to enter your pin for each file. a better web UI, for moving files around your one drive, it should be easier

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow users to change the OneDrive folder directory

When you sign into OneDrive, it automatically creates the OneDrive storage directory on the main C:/ drive with Windows. Most new computers come with a small SSD and a large HDD for storage. I'd like to make the other drive where OneDrive stores data, not the C:/ drive. Please allow users to pick where OneDrive saves.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Xampp and OneDrive folder problem

Xampp is needed to run websited locally in my OneDrive folder.
    The problem is that before May 2019 Update (or OneDrive update) php and sites inside OneDrive folder worked great... but now, it doesn't work anymore.
    Xampp only works with sites outside OneDrive folder!, but all my files are in OneDrive as I use the service for backuping all my files and sync across devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ONE Drive does not asking for PIN windows 10 os

One Drive saved all personal data from document, music, and picture but One Drive does not request to enter PIN code to open One Drive.

The feature is important because it help to secure file in OneDrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Actualización de archivos

El sistema de actualización de archivos no debería de realizar cargas simultaneas, con máximo de 3 archivos se actualizaría mas rápido, sobre todo cuando tenemos una conexión lenta por menos de 20 Mbts, esto disminuye la velocidad de carga al darle prioridad a los de menos tamaño, daría mas avance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 365 not activating onedrive

I have a problem in that on renewal of 365 Family after a free trial, the renewal has not been recognized by my computer. I was able to workaround this on Office by using a company subscription, but my Onedrive is still not working.
    Microsoft Onedrive indicated 5 days ago that they are "researching a potential solution", but otherwise have given no support. 365 group attempted some solutions, but once I found a workaround with corporate account, they have washed their hands of the issue.
    Any suggestions on 1. How to actually get support from Onedrive; 2. How to solve…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base