OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Permissions needs work

OneDrive needs to be made much more like Dropbox, which is hands-down the ONLY file syncing app I like using and actually trust with my files. The problem with OneDrive now when saving files to Windows is by the way OneDrive changes permissions on all files. This makes me really scared that my files are going to become locked and I will lose them for good. This has already almost happened on my PCs when I have tried saving all files to the computer.... OneDrive updates permissions to some weird funky permissions setting that if you disconnect your OneDrive account…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 你好 我OneNote同步到onedrive里了 为什么在onedrive里找不到

你好 我OneNote同步到onedrive里了 为什么在onedrive里找不到

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive should give an option to synchronize with real files downloaded to my desktop

OneDrive is much faster than Google Cloud but now I know the reason is that OneDrive gives me only a link to the file in the Cloud but not the real file. Therefore, I cannot work offline even if I have finished synchronization in the office. I don't have internet access at home and so I cannot work when I am back home. So I am shifting to Google Cloud which gives me real files. I think OneDrive should give user an option to download real files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Demasiados problemas de crasheo y cierre automatico del explorador de Windows

Que quiten opciones que se superponen o que la app en automático detecte posibles errores de la configuración personalizada

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OneDrive backups for system with 3 drives

I have 3 drives on my development & gaming PC. For the third drive I renamed it’s Document folder FDocument to attempt to get it to be backed up. It seems to work. This problem can be solved by your team by adding an additional layer of nodes between PC at the apex and each drives backup folders. In my case the new layer would have three nodes representing each drive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SPEED PROFILE

Often i set speed limit to 1kb for uploading download,because we usally like to save file immidately , so i set speed for 1 kb ,so that only latest file could get upload in case i change it again after opening, Now somtimes when things are browser related i need again immidate speed to upload download button , either it would be greet to have diffrent speed profile near pause sync button, or just a bbutton for no network limit until on

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make a way that you can restart a sync after choosing what files you want to be synced.

Make a way that you can restart a sync after choosing what files you want to be synced.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop Sharing Link through System rather than Web Browser

Files/Folders on system can be shared via OneDrive software on the PC by creating a shareable link. This option is available on my system via a right-click.
    However, when we have to stop sharing the link, we need to access OneDrive via Web Browser. 
    It would be great if we can add the option for stop sharing/deleting the shared link directly from the system without going to the Browser.
    I am aware of setting an expiration date on shareable links. However, this would help in the links which are already shared without expiration dates but are no longer required to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Onedrive .webm thumbnails

When using Files On-Demand, the windows explorer wont generate thumbnails for .webm files (the rest works fine). Is there a chance we could see this added/fixed?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Añadir opción de SINCRONIZAR INMEDIATAMENTE

Debería añadirse la opción de SINCRONIZAR INMEDIATAMENTE el archivo o carpeta que se acaba de modificar, de manera que fuese prioritaria a otras sincronizaciones y pudiese estar disponible de forma inmediata la última versión en todos los dispositivos/ usuarios

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Local links converted to external links to OneDrive version of workbook containing the links.

Workbook links to data in worksheets within that same workbook have been redirected to the OneDrive version of itself. This was applied at Excel's initiative, not as a result of user's changes. Version is Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Excel. "Use Office applications to sync Office files that I open" under File collaboration in OneDrive is unchecked.

I suggest removing this feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. questions

I click the "Sign in to get the most out of Office" in the top right and a box opens with a background image of some town or city but the is no place to enter login details (see screenshot below).

I can sign in to my account on the web and have One Drive sync working OK on the PC.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. No puedo acceder a mi almacén personal pese a tener un código de seguridad, ya llevo 3 días así y no tengo solución

No puedo acceder a mi almacén personal en mi PC pese a tener un código de seguridad. E intentado varias veces y nada

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ชอบเอาข้อมูลเก่ามาทับของใหม่ บางครั้งไม่เก็บไฟล์ให้ค่ะ

เวลาใช้ Excel ข้อมูล ชอบไม่เซฟให้ในครั้งถัดไป หรือเอาข้อมูลไปเก็บในเครื่องที่ไม่ใช่วันไดร้ฟ์ก็บ่อยค่ะ หาไม่เจอหลายครั้งมากค่ะ หลายครั้งข้อมูลเก่าทับของใหม่เสียเวลาทำงานซ้ำมาก บางทีโหลดเข้าไปเก็บในไฟล์ก็ไม่เก็บให้จริง เดือดร้อนที่ต้องทำงานซ้ำซ้อนมากๆหน่วยงานที่ดูแลตรงนี้ในประเทศไทยก็ไม่มีค่ะ ผิดหวังจริงๆไม่ได้คิดว่าจะแย่ขนาดนี้ค่ะ หลายปีแล้วยังไม่มีการปรับปรุงเลยค่ะ

ผิดพลาดตลอดจริงๆค่ะ  ใครก็ได้ ใครก็ได้ถ้ามีวิธีแก้ไขช่วยบอกจะเป็นพระคุณมากค่ะ

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base