OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Helytakarékosság

Hasznos lenne számomra, ha mappánként be lehetne állítani, hogy mindig legyen elérhető a PC-n, vagy csak akkor töltse le ha használni akarom.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please provide a list of files being synched

Please provide a list of files being synched (see sugarsync)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. HTML files don't display properly. Yes, they do, for about a second, but then is replaced by the source HTML text.

Instead of flashing the rendered HTML file for a fraction of a second, give the user the option to display the rendered file or the source text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Upload: Ability to delete a file blocking all uploads

Upload: Ability to delete a file blocking all uploads - One Drive fails to sync when it runs into a file with "characters that are not allowed". It directs the user to rename the file (in this case, desktop.ini ... so it's not even a "character" issue) but it doesn't show you where the file is.

The solution is to let you delete the file (or rename it) right from the OneDrive error box (OneDrive needs your attention).

As it stands, I'm stuck. I suppose the usual solution is to reboot my PC (I've already "rebooted" OneDrive.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My idea may seem novel, but how about giving users the CHOICE to NOT use OneDrive?!!!!

I have never liked OneDrive ever since it made it's first appearance. It would be nice to be able to choose how my Excel docs and my photos get saved. Why force people to use it? If there is a way to stop it, then it has been obscured really well...that just sends a message that we have less control than ever.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. iDEAr

tell Mister Gates thanks for the security!!!! details ATmetdenbauer
    Dec 98

good ole `89

here's the thing!!!!

make your Windows XP EMBEDDED 64 bit for POS systems & Microwave ATM ...faster "¡¡!!¡¡

faster coozie doozIE ĆĀtś

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why is drop box CONTINUALLY asking for admin user/password....4 or 5 screens at once.

Why is drop box CONTINUALLY asking for admin user/password....4 or 5 screens at once

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Better Support for OneDrive in Internet Explorer 11 when using New List Experience

Since Microsoft has standardized OneDrive to use the new list experience (SharePoint) when using a browser, it appears the Search field returns an error when searching for a file using Internet Explorer 11. Users now have to click the 'Return to Classic OneDrive' in order to search for a file. The OneDrive web interface works find with Chrome and Mozilla however.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. can't copy files unless logged in and syncing

I don't have "on demand" checked, but I tried to copy a 200Gb folder to another windows folder for backup, and after 2 days, it still said "preparing to copy" ...and was still counting files ...and after reading some posts and how others said it never copied, I decided to start over...so I logged in, now it counted 200Gb in less than 5 min. Why is it, that it won't work like "just a regular folder" when I want it to, when I don't want it to sync. It's like if it's not connected, you can't do a **** thing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to turn off all onedrive use

I try to save files to my desktop and they default to the onedrive desktop and then after 10 days if I need to recover an autosave file I have to log back in and go through the hoops on a microsoft account I never use. I reset the default save location but the "desktop" suggestion for save location is still onedrive desktop.

I know there are solutions for this but Onedrive is so intrusive and confusing to troubleshoot that I want to switch to open office because of this, and I am an experienced user. There is also proprietary…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide a verbose mode for seeing what OneDrive is processing during a sync. It appears hung up, but I'm guessing it is actually working.

Often we change things on our SharePoint which results in the OneDrive sync getting into a lot of activity on the desktop. In this cases, typically OneDrive just says "Processing changes" and provides no insight into what, if anything, is actually happening. This results in users rebooting their machines, which stops the services and actually could be creating more problems.
    Providing at least a verbose mode that could provide more insight into what's happening when needed could help get through these situations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop forcing OneDrive on Windows 10 users.

Stop forcing OneDrive on Windows 10 users. Its really agitating me. Especially since the location for pictures and documents on the 'This PC' window in File Explorer was changed to the OneDrive folder. Like Microsoft, Windows 10 is a significant improvement over the previous Windows versions. Stop ruining my user experience with attempting to force me into using OneDrive .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How am I supposed to upload larger amounts of data? I have 600 GB to sync overall and I've only had 15 GB synced in 24 hours. This is insane

How am I supposed to upload larger amounts of data? I have 600 GB to sync overall and I've only had 15 GB synced in 24 hours. I have a fast cable connection. This is insane, absolutely ridiculous.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base