OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I referred with few emails but no reply. The details are in: SRX1492865470ID.

I referred with few emails but no reply. The details are in: SRX1492865470ID. If you can't help cancel please my one year subscription for one drive. Expecting for your help almost one weak. abrahamlevyg@gmail.com. my one drive is under lions.machshev.herzliya@gmail.com
    Thanks for understanding

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. silentconfig

We have set SilentAccountcConfig in active directory and policy is applying to computer but is not working. we have a hybrid AD/ADFS environment .

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To be able to define which folders in OneDrive that should be synced when installing the client on MAC or Windows.

To be able to define which folders that should be synced automatically when installing the client on Windows or MAC, so you would have it predefined already when launching the installer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Since my windows pc updated to version 1809

I have syncing problems relating to some word documents 97-2003 which will no longer open

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop starting services I haven't asked for.

Stop starting services I haven't asked for.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto save

One drive should concentrate on the basics. It is possibly the worst cloud storage at those.
    Make sure my files are safe. Not from bin Laden, just from error. Errors which occur when a file is open and being worked on but something happens to the internet connection.
    OneDrive should save to the device physical storage first then back that up to the cloud. Too many times there are sync errors and a duplicate file is made.

You end up spending hours pouring back through your lengthy documents just to try and remember what changes you made to which version…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow synchronisation to be stopped in the current state. Whether files are offline, pinned or unpinned, allow all sync operations to stop.

My work account is at 'processing change' and my personal account is 'looking for changes'. The work on WAS synced until I added a sync sharepoint folder, and now it's constantly looking for changes.

My personal account varies between 10,000 and 140,000 file changes, but never syncs fully.

It would be nice to have an option to say 'kill the sync' and just allow onedrive to accept the state of offline, pinned or unpinned files. I could then use the overay icons (or the O, P and U file attributes) to find folders that are not synced yet, and then…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Vague dialog to restore deleted files

Don't have a vague, unsolicited dialog box pop up weeks after work was done, that, if answered wrong, causes OneDrive to undo 8 hours worth of work. At the very least, when it happens, provide a way to re-fix the problem your bad software caused. ********-it you guys suck.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Renaming UPN in e.g. Azure AD is not seen as same account by OneDrive.

When changing the logon UPN of an account in Azure AD. The account should be the same as the previous account. But OneDrive considers these as different accounts.

e.g. renaming bla@contoso.com to blabla@contoso.com the account is technically the same account, identified by the AD object id.

When can this situation arise? E.g. a divorce where the last name is changed back to the maiden name for instance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why dont show what´s sync ?

Why dont show what´s sync, what´s in the line to sync from the comp to cloud ?

COPY DROPBOX ! That´s work !

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Transfer files and folders in a downward hierarchy instead of all the top folders, then horizontally down and down and down.

Transfer files and folders in a downward hierarchy instead of all the top folders, then horizontally down and down and down.

I have to wait for a folder tree until the the last horizontal folder of most folder hierarchy be moved until any folder is complete.

When I had a terabyte on OneDeive, it all starts with the User folder, then down one level to, say Documents and Photos. Then 100 folders under each, then they kept going say 5 deep. Well, I had to wait through all the hundreds of top folders be done, then wait for each horizontal…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Implement log file feature

It would be very useful to have access to a log of the processing executed by OneDrive. Something like a list of events shown when clicking on the OneDrive icon i.e. filename, operation type, time, but with a longer history of changes viewable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Syn Client

In may cases we have sharepoint online web sites that have many document libraries. For customers it has been somewhat painful having to sync each library individually so they can have back a persistent mapping on their windows laptop. We keep being asked why cant we have the old explorer view mapping that allowed viewing the whole web site and navigate between each document library in windows explorer. Could we consider an enhancement to the OneDrive Sync Client where it can provide an option of choosing multiple document libraries to sync from a SharePoint Online rather than having to do…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Deberian añadir una opcion de exportar todos los links asi como en sharepoint para no estar enviando uno por uno.

Deberian de agregar la opcion de exportar todos los links de los archivos de manera masiva, tal como lo hay para sharepoint, de esta forma podremos compartir varios archivos en lugar de uno por uno, no uso el sharepoint ya que los links solo se pueden compartir entre cuenta de la misma empresa si quiero compartirlo con un usuario externo debo de compartir el link uno por uno, a diferencia del onedrive si puedo compartir carpetas y archivos con usuarios externos a mi empresa pero no puedo exportar todos los links. contradiccion de la vida.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. %USERNAME% environemnt variable bug

%USERNAME% environment variable bug.

On first logon OneDrive authenticates and respawns explorer.exe. This new shell does not enumerate all volatile environment variables. %USERNAME% is one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Resolve the disparity between MS Word’s character count limitations and OneDrive’s much higher count capability.

Resolve the disparity between MS Word’s character count limitations and OneDrive’s much higher count capability.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. wifi

Bonjour,
    One Drive n'effectue pas la synchronisation après une coupure de la connexion WIFI. Il me faut alors relancer le client lourd One Drive installé sur mon ordinateur portable pour synchroniser à nouveau mon/mes compte(s) One Drive.
    Merci.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unidad de disco duro para almacenar los archivos de OneDrive.

Sería de mucha utilidad que se permitiera elegir la unidad (de disco duro) en la que se desea almacenar los archivos de OneDrive. Y no deberían ser visibles los archivos si OneDrive no está iniciado con las credenciales correspondientes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base