OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. onenote fails to connect the oneDrive for business

onenote2016 fails to connect to the oneDrive for business and the system reflect"we cannot connect you-we seems failing to link to one of the serives"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello! I think that it would be better if onedrive locked any file that is currently in use rather than creating a second one. I lose files

Hello! I think that it would be better if onedrive locked any file that is currently in use rather than creating a second one. I lose files because of this although my files are relatively small in size,
    thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When windows updates and when change password on windows need to accept new data please

fed up everytime an update computer thinks it is a phone and phone thinks it is a desktop and so can't sign in and don't want to sync as this is making it even more time consuming to un tangle it stop it please and now it has gone to the browser so if use google chrome then use microsoft chrome for edge password is not accepted. Either tell me please enter google password or please enter microsoft password. Because I get oops that is wrong all the time. thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. this app is driving me mad!

I'd like to turn off automatic uploading and actually choose what I want to save, as I'm deleting stuff to make space the page keeps jumping and refreshing as its adding more stuff that I didn't want to save. very frustrating. should be simple!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable synchronization for specific items

It would be great if there was a way to exclude specific files from synchronization, just like how you right click and there is an option to "Always keep on this device".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. About the problem of synchronous version storage

I'm using OneDrive's synchronization function, but every time I save a file (when I'm writing a document), it saves a version of it in the cloud. This has caused my cloud to take up too much storage space. I only want to save 2~3 versions in the cloud. Is it possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. About the problem of synchronous version storage

I'm using OneDrive's synchronization function, but every time I save a file (when I'm writing a document), it saves a version of it in the cloud. This has caused my cloud to take up too much storage space. I only want to save 2~3 versions in the cloud. Is it possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Files Stored Online should save a pic of each document on the computer drive for preview

Accessing previews of files saved online in one drive and not on the PC is very time consuming ... why can't the file be stored online to save disk space but a preview of the first page of the file be located locally so that the delay in previewing or mistaken opening of the file when trying to preview as it pulls down from the cloud does not occur and the user is able to quickly preview a sample of the file without access to the cloud... ???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please give us an option to pause sync UNTIL I enable it again

I can only pause for 24 hours.. I want to pause for an unlimited amount of time.. until I enable it again from the settings.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make OneDrive more Flexible

I cannot exclude my desktop from sync. This makes a mess of my desktop every time as it syncs with a computer that has other applications on its desktop. I'd rather like a OneDrive that lets me deside what is synced and what not. Now it looks like an Apple app ( paternalistic so we deside whats good for you ;-(
    It also should work the other way round. Files are kept on my pc and what ever i sync is in the cloud. If I exclude folders from OneDrive they are cone from my pc but they are still…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Default Share Permissions

Please allow us to set the default share permissions in the app. I always want to share with the permissions set to NOT allow editing by default so records can not be modified. Thanks for the consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Photos grouped by albums

Develop a proper solution so that the photos gruped within albums on the smarthphone, could be exactely maintained with the same structure within OneDrive also.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On a one drive, one particular folder to be temporarily pause the sync

On a one drive, my selected folders on sync. But at an instant when i want to pause the sync temporarily for a particular folder which was earlier selected for sync in the current device.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. delete double/triple pics

when the pictures are uploading that it delete the photos that have multiple copies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. KISS (please explain this concept to your devs)

One drive is not very user friendly. I don't use it because the UI is clunky and difficult to manage. Management is very complicated and I don't have time to search through docs to find out how to stop syncing EVERYTHING! I decided to try One Drive to store some repo files so I may access them from another machine. When I went to retrieve them, I found my storage full because OneDrive tried to sync my entire machine. After spend 15mins looking for sync options (which I never located), I disconnected One Drive, deleted the files in the cloud,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. all the folders in the ondrive must be

A user should be able to include or exclude any folder based on what he wants to sync. It must not be compulsory.

I was very annoyed because most of the games and tools use documents folder to save their configurations. Its very annoying to make changes in all of them.
    And in some cases its not even impossible.

rather its simple to just uninstall onedrive. I preferred the later one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Is there any GPO setting to start onedrive automatically when user sign in to windows

Is there any GPO setting to start one drive automatically when user sign in to windows .Even though they unchecked not start automatically option it should start as per GPO policy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow sync upload to continue after it the Vault has been locked

Please add:
    - A setting to allow sync Upload to continue after the Vault has been locked (preferred)
    - a vault locking time period of "Never"
    - A button to reset the vault's timout clock
    - Along with the info about how much data has been uploaded and how much has still to be uploaded info about how long it will be before the vault will be locked

I have a new laptop and am uploading my data to OneDrive. I have been using another cloud archive facility but thought I would try OneDrive.

However it has already taken several…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Correção

Aplicativo está carregando o mesmo arquivo mais de uma vez - Carrega, depois de concluir, começa a carregar o mesmo arquivo de novo.
    Quando seleciono pastas para liberar espaço no disco, ele começa a liberar espaço do que solicitei mas simultaneamente começa a baixar outros arquivos para o computador. Arquivo que não foram solicitados em momento algum.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base