OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. i think do somethink 5G network for this i3 double cord

please do some think 5G network for this desktop i3 doul core 5G not support why please do some think

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to allow file status in overlay or Status column

I have to check file on demand to get Status column in Windows Explorer using a newer version of OneDrive. The file overlay is terrible and driving me mad. Can we please have the option to either show the Status column or File status Overlay in file icon in OneDrive settings please? I personally much prefer the status column.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneDrive create a running log file of actions performed.

I'd like to see OneDrive create a running log file of actions performed on files. Uploaded, downloaded, deleted, renamed, etc.. Currently, there is no recorded way to know what was done.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't update the app while syncing.

I noticed that the app updates shortly after start-up, while in the middle of synchronizing files. Although this is not really a problem - and with an SSD it will quickly resume - it would make sense to either update the app immediately (before synchronizing files) or finish the files first.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Selectable files on demand per account/library for OneDrive and SharePoint libraries

Our organization uses OneDrive and Sharepoint library synchronization. However Files on Demand is either on or off for both. Would be great to be able to setup OneDrive folder to not use Files on Demand so files in a users' OneDrive could all be accessible without an Internet connection, while being able to select any SharePoint libraries configured to Use Files On Demand so large SharePoint libraries don't take up hard drive space.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Better help system need for OneDrive issues

Local Picture folder points to OneDrive rather desktop- cannot find an easy fix to correct the problem

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ALLOW UNSELECTING AND BACKUP

Could you allow OneDrive to start the backup without Desktop or Pictures selected as the software is now trying to backup 5Tb of pictures that I do not want on OneDrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. dont make onedrive delete all the files on your desktop

onedrive sucks. it kept telling me i had no space. i tried to unlink it which it said would not cause me to lose files and what do you know i lost most of my files. my idea for one drive is for it to not do that because its . . the second im done fixing this im uninstalling that *. I'll use google drive because it dosent have the abiltity to ** with my local files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Terrible one drive Personal Vault unlocking takes a lot of time. Microsoft likes loading?

Oh my gosh send feedback needs login. Horrible user experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prevent user to “Free Up Space“ before the sync is done

It’d be great if OneDrive could stop me from freeing up space before the sync is done. I lost several files cause by this situation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How can I access the OneDrive of a deleted user account?

hi admin,
    How can I access the OneDrive of a deleted user account?
    My account deleted and i cant sign in to it

Pls give me a solution for access it
    I realy need my document

Thanks
    Danghn,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Save As - cut out automatic option to have to choose a folder

I frequently want to save files, using a different name and format, in the folder of the original file, but Onedrive ALWAYS wants me to click a folder first. Why???
    I have been using MS Office programs for years and they have never added this extra step.
    I have to click the folder - even if I am not changing it - before I can change the name/filetype.
    Please, make it default to choosing the original folder with an option to change instead of this current, superfluous method.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Onedrive search boxes - refine location on screen and memory of search string

Using MS365 programs with files in Onedrive.
    When searching for items I have previously created in a program like Word or Powerpoint, from within the Open menu,having typed in a search string, if it is not found in the top layer, two things are unhelpful:

1) When you click on Folders - the search box is cleared.
    Why can't the search box remember what I typed when I click Folders, as I am still looking for the same file? I should not have to retype the search string.

2) Given this irritating behaviour, why are the search boxes - when…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Amend fault and confusion of two separate Microsoft accounts

I have spent three years paying Microsoft for 365 to include One Drive without being able to use it. Occasionally when I am not so busy I try to sort it out. I have just spent the last two days on it again!
    The problem I think is due to One Drive being free as well as having larger capacity when included with 365. I want it to sync over two laptops plus my phone.
    On my older laptop, One Drive FREE wants to login to a different email address where I previously set up an account.
    I have finally…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. let me see deleted files from OneDrive app, not only on onedrive.com web

china can not open ondrive.com websit.
    i must see deleted files to get them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base