OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a [Close] at the pop-up "We have an app for this"

The other day I shared a video from my OneDrive to a somewhat less experienced user. Later she told me she did not play the video, because she had to install something. I wondered what she had to install, but let it rest and shared the video through (unlisted) Youtube. That went fine. I heard something similar from someone else as well, so I gave it a try and shared a video with my wife (she is using Gmail). When I opened the video, indeed there was this pop-up "We have an app for this" offering to download it. Now…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A tool that only upload files to cloud, not store or change local folders on PC.

Imagine you have a folder structure to edit all your projects, Photos and videos, Premiere and lightroom Catalogs sorted by "YEAR, EVENT, etc", if you want to backup it through OneDrive,
    You need to move all folders Under "OneDrive's" folder, and so the chaos is installed... The softwares you use don't locate the original folder now...
    A tool to only upload it would be awesome, through the browser is awful...
    Include a way to see how many GB each folder have it's crucial as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Download now in context menu

Please bring the option to download now in context menu, since sometimes the file is just online, but I want to use it in two days offline, without wanting it offline forever. I want to download it know so it stays for the time I configured in windows with smart storage, without keeping it forever

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Do NOT automatically transfer files

After already disabling backup of Desktop, Documents, and Pictures OneDrive re-enabled them on startup again. This moved what represents hundreds of hours of saved games from their original directory into OneDrive effectively detaching them from their respective games. Disregarding whether or not OneDrive does or does not clean these now not-backed up files from itself, this should not have happened automatically. Inform users when any files are moved, regardless of what is assumed to be their importance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. WTF is wrong with u, syncing all my personal stuff to cloud, then charge me?

THIS IS URTERLY ********, AND I HAVE TO DELETE ITEMS, WHICH ENDED UP DELETED MY OWN DATA, WTF IS WRONG WITH WINDOWS? SYNCING ITEMS? THEN CHARGING PEOPLE?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For the pause function, please have an option to pause indefinitely.

When I right click on one drive and go to settings, options to pause are 2 hours, 8 hours and 24 hours. Please add "until I turn it back on" or some similar option to it. It is annoying that I get notifications that my one drive is full and I don't want it to keep syncing to every file I have.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prevent shared folders from being download. Its hard to go through 100 files to prevent one by one.

When a folder is shared with lot of files the need of preventing download on a folder and any document, picture, video or what so ever its contents to be unable to download.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 容量が足りない

容量をもっと増やしてください。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive: Need an option to pause sync for 12 hours (especially in a business environment)

OneDrive: Need an option to pause sync for 12 hours (especially in a business environment)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. more storage

uses all of my hard drive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. remember flag mobile network request for specific networks

I have a unlimited mobile network and work from home. Every startup i should rememer i want to update onedrive flag. Can you please remember this for a speific network name?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. WOAH - STOP, SLOW DOWN!

You should NEVER* (unless given consent explicitly) set OneDrive as the default location of Documents, Pictures, and Desktop file locations. Many of my documents were auto-syncing without expressed consent or a setup and filled my OneDrive account in a single moment. I'm all for selecting or options, but forcing a product's use is sketchy.

I'll go through and customize which folders will sync. Not everything is valuable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. rotate uploaded videos

Ability to rotate uploaded videos 180 degrees

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Indexação de arquivos no ONEDRIVE

Preciso que a indexação de arquivos pelo browser seja igual a indexação feita pelo "explorador de arquivos/gerenciador de arquivos/ file explorer" do Windows 10.
    Problema: Indexador de arquivos pelo browser assume indexação binária Ex: sequências de 1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,100,1000 e o correto seria igual ao do gerenciador de arquivos, numérico sequencial : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,...

Essa solução já existe no gerenciador de arquivos do Windows 10 bastava reproduzir na consulta via browser

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Upload file directly to OneDrive.

When uploading file to OneDrive it first creates another copy of the file on my drive before sending it to OneDrive and allowing me to make it available online only. Not only it takes more time to upload but also requires from me to have extra space and gives my ssd another unnecessary write which shortens it's life.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have trouble signing in to One Drive; MS locks out me out of karen@kmparmiter.com

MS WINDOWS ASKS ME TO OPEN ONE DRIVE TO USE IT, BUT LOCKS ME OUT.

There was a previous email address, Karen@KarenParmiter.com which says does not exist, however it may be conflicting with Karen@kmparmiter.com. ?? THANKS

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unabhängiges sichern von Ordnern in onedrive

Ich würde gerne schnell (mit rechtsklick) im dropdown menü einstellen können, ob eine Datei oder ein ordner in (z.B in Dokumente) in onedrive hochgeladen werden soll.
    Manche Programme legen automatisch ordner an, die dann den onedrive speicher belegen und auf allen Geräten angezeigt werden.
    Ich will auch für diese einstellung nicht extra im Browser nochmal mein Passwort eingeben müssen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base