OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Indexação de arquivos no ONEDRIVE

Preciso que a indexação de arquivos pelo browser seja igual a indexação feita pelo "explorador de arquivos/gerenciador de arquivos/ file explorer" do Windows 10.
    Problema: Indexador de arquivos pelo browser assume indexação binária Ex: sequências de 1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,100,1000 e o correto seria igual ao do gerenciador de arquivos, numérico sequencial : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,...

Essa solução já existe no gerenciador de arquivos do Windows 10 bastava reproduzir na consulta via browser

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upload file directly to OneDrive.

When uploading file to OneDrive it first creates another copy of the file on my drive before sending it to OneDrive and allowing me to make it available online only. Not only it takes more time to upload but also requires from me to have extra space and gives my ssd another unnecessary write which shortens it's life.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have trouble signing in to One Drive; MS locks out me out of karen@kmparmiter.com

MS WINDOWS ASKS ME TO OPEN ONE DRIVE TO USE IT, BUT LOCKS ME OUT.

There was a previous email address, Karen@KarenParmiter.com which says does not exist, however it may be conflicting with Karen@kmparmiter.com. ?? THANKS

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Unabhängiges sichern von Ordnern in onedrive

Ich würde gerne schnell (mit rechtsklick) im dropdown menü einstellen können, ob eine Datei oder ein ordner in (z.B in Dokumente) in onedrive hochgeladen werden soll.
    Manche Programme legen automatisch ordner an, die dann den onedrive speicher belegen und auf allen Geräten angezeigt werden.
    Ich will auch für diese einstellung nicht extra im Browser nochmal mein Passwort eingeben müssen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. mejoren la palicacion

es muy mala aplicación, es un problema grabar copias de un documento en otra carpeta, me regresado a versiones anteriores guardadas haciéndome perder tiempo y trabajo, consume mucho recursos de la laptop lleva a limite al procesador y la ram, tengo que desactivar la sincronizaron automática para poder trabajar bien, y es un problema poder exportar a pdf, te marca errores los archivos dañados en pdf que crea no se pueden eliminar de inmediato, no ser puede trabajar con la sincronización activada es muy mala,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ability to block syncing of specific files (very important!)

ability to block syncing of specific files (very important!) We have 4 desktops, 2 notebooks and 4 android phones. When I use my desktop there are some very large files that only need to be on my desktop. Now that Comcast is limiting my data, this is creating a too much data problem. I only need that file on 1 desktop, not all 10 devices. AND NO I do NOT want a work around. Just the ability to right click that/those files and choose not to sync. Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. [add shortcut to onedrive] button more confusing then helpful

Merge Sync and Add Shortcut to OneDrive buttons.

I've spent months trying to see a true difference between sync and add shortcut to OneDRive. our users are more confused with the addition to this button, and I've confirmed with MS support that it adds to the number of files OneDRive sync is syncing, only difference is that it shows up in different spot. I've posted in forums and asked users a Microsoft and nobody could tell me a good reason why to use 1 over the other, just makes it more confusing to users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Not Sync Folder to One Drive but Not change Location

Currently, when I use the option to not sync a specific folder to One Drive, it deletes it from my computer and leaves the folder in OneDrive. I want the OPPOSITE to happen when I select not to sync a folder. I unexpectedly set up One Drive and now it's just causing me all these headaches. Make this easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Choice to keep files LOCAL ONLY and not have all my files go to the cloud!

I do not want all of my files on the cloud! One upgrade, though, and suddenly everything, including flash drives I plug in, gets whisked away to One Drive. For security reasons, this is very problematic when I have to work from home. Additionally, whenever I hook my backup hard drive to my PC now to retrieve old files or add to it, it automatically starts to throw ALL OF THOSE FILES to ONE DRIVE! There are good things about One Drive, but once again, Microsoft has taken away the ability for the user to make choices on how their…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would it be possible to sync to personal onedrive accounts to the same computer?

Would it be possible to sync to personal onedrive accounts to the same computer?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive下的文件缩略图都不显示,使用及其不便,望改进。

OneDrive下的文件缩略图都不显示,使用及其不便,望改进。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When sharing OneDrive files, allow edit access, but not deleting.

When sharing OneDrive files with colleagues, allow edit access, but not delete privs.

Particular concern for collaborating colleagues when files that they have been shared are inadvertently deleted by the colleague, causing them to be deleted from their original location.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. melhorar urgente onedrive

sempre com problemas e agora não me permite abrir meus arquivos quando deles preciso, sempre com um x vermelho. ja desinstalei e nada resolveu, estou muito insatisfeita porque não é barato o valor pago para se ter tantos problemas diariamente.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. melhorar urgente onedrive

sempre com problemas e agora não me permite abrir meus arquivos quando deles preciso, sempre com um x vermelho. ja desinstalei e nada resolveu, estou muito insatisfeita porque não é barato o valor pago para se ter tantos problemas diariamente.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would very much like to be able to sync an external hard drive in addition to my C: Drive

Sync at the drive, folder and file level is easily accomplished in Google Drive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Renaming the folder is very difficult.

The folder leaves the place when renaming because of the automatic sorting of the folders. Folders outside of OneDrive do not have this problem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like a feature that saves the original order of my files inside a folder as they were before and after the folder upload.

After I uploaded a folder, the order of my files were changed. I tried everything to restore the original order as my files were inside the folder before I uploaded the folder, but I was not able to restore them.
    Please help me keep my files in the original order as they were before I uploaded the folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The "OneDrive - (company name)" catalog name is not good for me and probably others as well.

Some of us use some old programs/apps which do not accept spaces or hyphens in file names/paths. Because of this, the "OneDrive - (company name)" name of the OneDrive catalog fails 100%. Make the name changeable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base