OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable auto update of OneDrive app for Per-Machine installer

I have installed (21.052) per machine installer/allusers for OneDrive app and I disabled the auto update task in Task Scheduler. Now when I launch the OneDrive app from StartMenu I could see that the installer upgraded to 21.062 . Could you please suggest if there is any other way to disable the auto update task?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent download of arbitrary file type shared via onedrive

It is possible to prevent download for office documents, why you dont make it for all file types, i.e. video clips?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Olá, gostaria de priorizar a atualização de arquivos modificados recentemente, para que possa trocar a plataforma (PC, Smartphone)

Olá, gostaria de priorizar a atualização de arquivos modificados recentemente, para que possa trocar a plataforma (PC, Smartphone), para trabalhar no mesmo documento (pelo celular) sem esperar carregar todos outros arquivos antes...
    Acontece quando estou no computador mas preciso sair pra outro ambiente sem levar o PC.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add any local folder to OneDrive sync

A simple right-click on any local folde rand library to add it to OneDrive and sync it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Encrypt onedrive on client side by policy

Encrypt one drive files on clientside with certificates, with the intention if the connection with the tenant/account is lost, the information in the files are unusable

To prefent data leakage

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please allow us to Sync folders outside of the main OneDrive folder

There needs to be a feature that lets us sync folders outside of the main OneDrive folder.
    I'm sure most users have files on more than one external hard drive and would like to have them all synced with OneDrive as a backup/access method but there is simply no way of doing this without moving such large sums of data around

The workaround with the symbolic links isn't an acceptable way to do it and cloud services should provide such features out of the box especially when they offer 1-2 Terabytes of space, such crazy amounts of data aren't easy…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I m trying to sign in Onedrive then i m getting this error and i tried multiple times but i m unable to sign in please resolved this.

When I m trying to sign in Onedrive then i m getting this error and i tried multiple times but i m unable to sign in please resolved this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatic SymLink to OneDrive

It would be nice to be able to right click on any non OneDrive folder eg: "%appdata%\DarkSoulsIII" and have a menu item to move that folder into OneDrive, then have it automatically create a SymLink so folders that wouldn't normally be movable such as game saves in AppData, or in a games installation directory, can be cloud-synced.
    Ideally, the reverse should also be possible; where if you right-click on any folder in OneDrive eg: "$OneDrive$\Saved Games\DarkSoulsIII" I could create a link somewhere else that targets this OneDrive folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I wish I could time synchronization because my computer is slow. and I would also like to make synchronization work only when you start your

I wish I could time synchronization because my computer is slow.
    and I would also like to make synchronization work only when you start your computer and before you shut down.
    Synchronize large folder and slow computer makes the computer almost unusable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it easy not to use one drive I do not want it

I do not want one drive I want my data stored only on my pc and back up only on my external hard drive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Renaming OneDrive for Business Folder

The inability to rename the OneDrive for Business folder is limiting. I have two accounts w/ OneDrive one for my Business that I share with my staff to use for various purposes. The other is also a business account but for my private data. When I load both accounts on my desktop, I have to figure out which folder is which because I cannot rename.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. allow windows to grant permission to delete files and folders from one drive

I am refused PERMISSION to delete folders and files as administrator from one drive see case number Ahmed (Microsoft)
    Tuesday, May 4, 2021 6:24 PM GMT
    Hi Donald ,

Below the steps to contact OneDrive support :

Support: Email OneDrive

Kindly login to https://onedrive.live.com/ and click the '?' icon on the upper-right corner > scroll down > choose Email OneDrive

Ticket number is : 1022052545

Tahmeed
    Microsoft 365 Support Ambassador

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Signing in for the first time on a new device - syncs everything in the cloud to your devices is painful

The default to sync all folders saved in the cloud to the device is painful as most user only want specific folders mirrored to their device and the rest stored in the cloud for random access.

The default is all folders are selected in the cloud to download and then to stop this from happening and selecting specific folders caused conflicts - sync issues.

The default should be NO folders and the user then selects which folders they want. If it is all it is the one tick but his is generally not the case..

This causes bandwidth issues for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. One Drive Space place

Hi, i think 5GB for non premium user is to less. a company like microsoft should offer much more. As a long-time and a active user, this is what I wish for.

Best regards adibelli@live.at

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To block download option for media files

We want to be able to prevent external recipients of our sharepoint links from being able to download, and the file type is media. We want to be able to share files such as Teams video recordings with these external recipients but with only the permissions to view and access. However, we do not want them to be able to edit, change, delete, or download the media files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make unlinking OneDrive and pc more obvious in case the white cloud in the taskbar is gone.

unlinking OneDrive from the PC for those who wish to do so should be made easier than the while clod in case that cloud is removed.
    Is there another way for the average user to do so without that cloud?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Exclude folders from synching, and not by copying it elsewhere.

In the era before Onedrive, our local Document folder was our own.

Now. Onedrive forces us to sync it, even if we didn't specifically said to.

I now have a game that puts its savegame in the document folder, and it's not the only game to do so. Save games takes spaces. And they are already synched to the game's cloud. I don't want them in onedrive.

Please allow us to exclude folders we don't want to sync, and please give us a choice when unsynching, as deleting local files is not always a good idea.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. blocage de sauvegarde d'un fichier sur le bureau

Un clic droit sur une icone de fichier posé provisoirement sur le bureau pour interdire à onedrive de sauvegarder automatiquement ce fichier.
    merci

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let us exclude certain folder from syncing to OneDrive.

Example:
    I tell OneDrive to sync my Documents folder. However, within my Documents are some large folder for say Games which take up a lot of space. It would be nice to allow us to select folder to exclude from syncing to OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Few Suggestions to make this app more usable & user friendly

1. Show sync speed (ul/dl) for every individual file as it shows in any download manager app

2. Add option to pause and resume every individual file for UL/DL to take the full control to prioritize while Ul/Dl a bulk amount of data synching

3. One direct click button for Pause, & quiet, restart & settings in the lower portion of the OD client app

4. Make the 64bit newly launched OD client more performance-oriented to take the full advantages & utilization of all the modern & greater HW resources (i.e. CPU & More RAM) to get the job (file sync) done more quickly…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base