OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneDrive error 0x8004de40

This "error" has existed since late 2018 or possibly much earlier. OneDrive is the only software reporting connectivity problems on my PC. What's keeping developers from finally getting off their lazy asses to fix it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Word documents stored in the OneDrive folder. If this document has a hyperlink. This link will be invalid.

Word documents stored in the OneDrive folder. If this document has a hyperlink. This link will be invalid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Monitoring device sync status

OneDrive for Enterprise badly needs a method of centrally monitoring Sync status for users.

With our team working from home we are relying more and more on OneDrive to keep their drives and sharepoint info in sync. But without some method central monitoring we are at the mercy of the users to tell us when sync is broken.

So users frequently end up using files that are out of date

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More people specified sharing options

I want to be able to share a main folder with my family, a folder that has all our back-ups and photos and videos in, but in that folder there are important documents that I want the adults to access but not the kids. So even though the main folder is shared with everyone, certain sub-folders mustn't be available to certain members, without having to move the sub-folders out of the main folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Slide To create a slide show

Just want a decent slide show, haven't had one

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. when sync is turned off keep local copy

when sync is turned off for a folder keep a local copy instead of deleting it

i just lost a file because it refused to sync (just had the sync pending icon) so i turned of syncing for that folder to see if an off/on would fix it - it deleted the folder - when i turned it back on all files came back from onedrive - apart from the one that didn't sync losing me the file (lucky i had a backup)

if the local copy was kept i would not of lost the file - turning sync off…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. group policy to change file share permission to only tenant users

by default anyone with the share file link can access it

i would like to be able to set a group policy so when my users try and share a file their only options are other people in the same tenant

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. get a weekly email of all the files i am sharing

send a email weekly to my users of all the files they are sharing and who with as a reminder

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. update the help information so it is correct. Disable SYNC from within Edge Windows browser - the instructions are outdated - BROKEN

the help information for how to disable SYNC from with a browser is now completely broken. One Drive web interface has obviously been updated since the help guide was written and the instruction are now completely broken. It seems to be impossible to disable Sync from within the web browser interface to OneDrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Onedrive 一直显示在登录状态

Win 7 系统的Onedrive 一直显示在登录状态,即使关闭了之后再打开也是,好几天都没有任何变化。无法更新文件,给工作上带了许多不便。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. the speed of uploading file from local is too slow!

The speed of uploading file from local is too slow in China mainland.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve behavior and documentation of documents and desktop folders changing location

A confusing and troublesome aspect of OneDrive is that when Backup of important folders is enabled or disabled, the location of Documents and Desktop changes to or from the root of the home folder to within the OneDrive folder. This is extraordinarily confusing to ordinary end users, and can cause applications that store configuration or other files in Documents to break. It needs to be better and more clearly documented, and probably there should be the ability to disable this

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. improve the user interface for Manage Backup

The user interface for turning backup of documents and desktop is confusing, as there are checkmarks next to the folder names even before backup is enabled. this should be improved

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve integration with Office applicationsd

From my experiences, the integration with Office is poor. or at least confusing. As best I can tell, Office documents are, by default, stored in OneDrive in a user’s cloud account, and then sync’ed to the local Onedrive folder. The reverse would be better; the default location should be the local device, and then the documents should be synced to the cloud in the background. If one has a fast Internet connection this doesn’t matter, but on a laptop with a slow intermittent internet connection it can matter a lot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. office文件保存在电脑OneDrive文件夹,但无法开启自动保存

window10系统,使用microsoft365家庭版,office文件存在OneDrive文件夹里。但打开microsoft365后,软件默认文件存在本地电脑上,无法开启自动保存。

开启自动保存就需要重新上传到OneDrive文件夹里,但关闭后打开新上传的文件,依然默认保存在本地电脑。

按照之前论坛其他人的建议,已经尝试过,修复Microsoft365,重新登陆账号,完全卸载Microsoft365再重新安装登录等方法。

但上述方法均没有解决问题,请教如何解决。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. option to NOT sync a folder

Please provide the option to NOT sync a sub-folder. For example, I don't need NPM "node-modules" folders (with thousands of dev files) backed up since I can reinstall those files anytime I need to. It's a waste of time and space to back them up to OneDrive. The last time I deleted and emptied my OneDrive Recycling bin, I removed over 10,000 files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to manage folders on different computers using onedrive

Many of us who use OneDrive have different computers for different places or functions. Why can't we Sync them separately?

There is demand in several user forums for this.
    Example: I have a work Desktop and a Laptop. I use them differently. I may need the same Documents, but I need different Desktop and system setup on the two different machines. What if my laptop falls in a lake? I want to restore a new system, not just with files but with system settings and the laptop Desktop. Need to sync System setup (as was available on Windows 7) and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show icons next to choices in context menu

I am continually baffled by the green check marks and blue clouds next to my files, never really understanding if they are on my computer, in the cloud or both. It might be helpful if the context menu (accessed when you right click on a file or folder) showed the icon it will become when you make a choice. Many of my files have a green outlined circled around a green check mark but some have little blue outlined clouds. Why? I have no idea. Where are those files? Why are some one way and some another? I have no…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. keep separate computers folders separate in one Drive

I have Two PCs. PC-A and PC-B
    I want to sync documents folder and Desktop Folder of PC-A & PC-B in separate folders on One Drive. Like below :
    Documents - PC-A
    Desktop - PC-A
    Documents - PC-B
    Desktop - PC-B

But One Drive Merge both PC's desktop to one folder and both PC's documents in one folder and everything gets synced/merged to other PC and gets jumbled.

Give an option to keep data PC wise or PC specific on One Drive.

The One drive should have a PC specific Hierarchy

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base