OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. highlight the most recent version of a file with a colour, like pale green. I move around and need to be sure to have the right version.

Highlight most recent version of file in pale green. I move around and use different machines. I need to be sure that I have the most recent file whichever the machine I am using

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification when a change is made to a shared file

Please can an option be added to OneDrive so that when I make a change to a file, everyone who it is shared with is notified that a change has been made?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This is the worst program ever. You go to hellllll

One Drive started to do its thing on a brand new PC without me doing anything. It "Backed up" documents pictures desktop, removing my control over it. It is very stupid program, totally not user friendly and so on. I hate it hate it hate it...!!!!! I hope you go to ****

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Cartelle di diverso colore

Poter disporre di cartelle di diverso colore per distinguerle.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Notification of Changes through Email

When we share link to some people, there must be provision of giving notifications to every one who can edit file . if any one made changes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a Disconnect/Unmap verb to odopen://

We use extensively the odopen:// protocol to automatically mount OneDrive libraries.
    Is it possible to have a similar command to "unmount" or unlink a library from a users' profile, ideally also to query linked libraries?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Missing Data on OneDrive Personal

I subscribe to Office365 family premium and have lost all my pictures between 2013 and 2019 from my OneDrive mysteriously and there is no way to contact Microsoft. All my daughter's birth pictures and videos are all gone.... I am really frustrated and there is no way of contacting Microsoft. What do I do?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fluent design for windows 11

Right now i am using windows 11 so it would be very nice if onedrive was updated to fluent design just like windows 11 mica design.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Prevent download of shared file from OneDrive as video files (mp4), music files, folders..

In the business edition of OneDrive it is possible to block download of Word, Excel, PowerPoint files - but NOT on any other file. This means that if I share a film (mp4), anybody can download the film to their computer. When I share music, anybody can download the music to their compute and so...

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Still not possible to sort images in an album. Onedrive is sorting for you

It is still not possible to sort images in an album the way the user wants it. I don't understand why this has not been fixed. Sorting is done by onedrive and appears random or based by date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop moving my files from desktop, documents, and pictures and making it almost impossible to get them back in their original location.

Stop moving my files from desktop, documents, and pictures and making it almost impossible to get them back in their original location. This product will never get off the ground or gain wide acceptance when it is so fatally flawed.

I don't know what you are thinking. You call it backing up but you move the files to another location. WHY?

Backing up means making a copy for safe storage and potential recovery.

A COPY!

Instead, you move the files and we can't get them back.

I'm really tired of trying to pick up the pieces of the mess that…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. bug: file details are removed after uploading to OneDrive

All file details (notes, labels, tags, etc.) are removed when a file is saved only on OneDrive. This should be fixed.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unsync and Remove

Add an option to unsync and remove the local repository. Or add a remove local repository dialogue when unsync is selected. Right now it's a two step process and requires knowledge of where the repository is. End users don't know where the files are stored, and they like to try unsyncing by deleting the folder in file explorer.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. About backups

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    バックアップについて
    About backups

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントにてファイルの同期やバックアップを行う際に、ファイルに優先順位を設定して、優先度の高いファイルから同期やバックアップを行える機能の拡充を希望いたします。

Please add a way to set priorities for use when syncing files or backing up using the OneDrive client, so that syncing/backing up starts with high-priority files.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make an Option to Restore The Default Folders

OneDrive should provide the option to restore the default folders and files if they were mistakenly deleted, similar to Personal Vault, which cannot be removed, so that the user's important PC folders and files are not mixed up with other manually stored files.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 360 Degree viewer for One Drive

It would be great oi One Drive had a 360 degree viewer. Currently, 360-degree images and videos display in their raw form and do not display properly. 360 degree images are JPG and 360 degree video MP4 display improperly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 360 Degree viewer for One Drive

It would be great oi One Drive had a 360 degree viewer. Currently, 360-degree images and videos display in their raw form and do not display properly. 360 degree images are JPG and 360 degree video MP4 display improperly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 360 Degree viewer for One Drive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 360 Degree viewer for One Drive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base