OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop Sync - Expand to include with clean up of HDD

Currently Stop Sync - stops sync - keeps files on the HDD

Provide option to Stop Sync and Clean up and Stop Sync and Keep local copies

The Clean up option is key:
    - Lots of users get confused and edit the local copy after stopping sync
    - Easier way for ones who want to stop and delete (less risk of deleted synced ones and losing data overall)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. report a log when others view the shred file

when I share files from OneDrive to others, there should be a feature I can export a log to let me know, who have viewed the shred files.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have the option of disabling ransomware detection for a specific (encrypted) folder

While ransomware protection is a great thing to have, uploading a folder that only has encrypted folders/files inside it trips this ransomware detection. So far, after uploading that folder, I've already gotten 3 separate "suspected ransomware" notifications in regards to files from that folder.
    One way it to protect against it accidentally being turned off could be something similar to how an anti-virus is set up - when it detects something wrong, it prompts the user for an action, one of which is to ignore that file/folder and exclude it from further checks. That way, the option to disable ransomware…

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive needs to be able to upload files with special characters such as parentheses

Onedrive can't sync a file if its name contains any parentheses (), which is really problematic because some programs create temporary project files automatically containing these characters. I can't use OneDrive to backup my Ableton Live music projects because it won't upload these auto generated project files. Renaming them manually is a huge hassle because I'll have to go back to the program and relink them all, and there can be many.

I know others using Ableton has switched from OneDrive to Dropbox over this issue.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow sync of other folders

Allow OneDrive to sync other default folders like Music, Videos and Favorites. This covers most default locations. But why not let OneDrive sync any folder chosen? This would allow backups for those who move their default locations to another drive.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Personal vault, add option to keep open until computer is shutdown/rebooted

When the vault closes down, it leaves open excel and word files in a non-saveable state (bug) even after i've reopened the vault. I have reported this as a bug seperately.

Please ADD AN OPTION TO KEEP THE VAULT OPEN UNTIL THE COMPUTER IS POWER CYCLED (i.e. restarted/shutdown).

All the warning I get that causes me to potential lose hours of work is an easily missed notification.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Exclude a subfolder of My Documents from syncing to the cloud.

I see there is an option to cherry-pick directories in OneDrive that will sync, but unselecting a subfolder leaves the directory on the cloud and deletes the local copy. I want to be able to do the opposite: Say I have a directory under My Documents that I don't want uploaded to the cloud, I want to be able to exclude it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Erro de mesclagem após longo período de inatividade

Olá, eu percebi que o OneDrive após um longo periodo de inatividade, ele duplica os arquivos criando uma extensão similar ao nome do computador.

Digamos que se o seu computador é o nome TESTE-PC.
    Digamos agora que você tem um arquivo no OneDrive, esse arquivo se chama USERVOICE.txt.

Agora se você fechar o OneDrive e passar muito tempo sem iniciar, ele não vai conseguir mesclar com a nuvem todos os arquivos.

Então ele vai passar a criar uma cópia dos seus arquivos que estão no PC, então o arquivo passará a se chamar: USERVOICE TESTE-PC.txt. e vai te routro arquivo…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. One Drive blocking the 2terabytes storage I paid $300.oo for with 5gb puny storage

One Drive blocking the 2terabytes storage I paid $300.oo for with 5gb puny storage

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 我登录不了

我登录不上

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow external non-Office 365 Business users to sync OneDrive Shares

Please allow external users who don't have a OneDrive for Business account (i.e., users with a personal OneDrive account only) to sync shared folders to their local computers. We can already grant edit access to external, personal users, which works fine through a web browser. Also, external users with O365 business accounts can sync our shares. But the combination is not possible: external personal users can't sync. This is FORCING us to drop OneDrive and go back to DropBox, which supports this seamlessly even in their free service.

While better not to constrain the size/amount of syncable files based on…

161 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pause syncing for specific folders

I saw this topic already even in a discussion from last year (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/selectively-pause-syncing-folders-in-onedrive/bff8908e-fe5c-420b-99a5-08fb1f630d1d), so I believe this would be helpful. Especially when a Project manager works with many projects and many people and everybody share their folders. Then it would be helpful and faster for the system to choose, which we want to have sync at a time and some other folders just pause.
    When I would work the next week on another project for example, I can start syncinc the relevant folders and the others keep offline for the time when I dont need to use them…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. NGSC needs too Support modern authentication methods like SAML

NGSC needs too Support modern authentication methods like SAML in a direct relation with SharePoint 2019 On-premise.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. quickbooks Export

When exporting reports from Quickbooks to existing Excel Workbooks that are synced with One Drive the operation fails over 75% of the time. Currently as a workaround we have to close the One Drive application then complete the exports from QB and then relaunch the One Drive app once the work from QB has been completed. This used to work with no problem and has only recently become an issue which sounds like an update occurred that broke the functionality.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customize email to managers of terminated employees

Please make it possible for admins to customize the email to managers. The out of the box email contains spelling errors and is very spammy/phishy feeling.

I can't believe this isn't an option in this world of cyber attacks!

I want the ability to brand the email so it matches (at least as closely as possible) our corporate standards.

I want to be able to format the text so it is easily readable, conforms to our style standards and basically looks professional.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Permanently disable the OneDrive Auto Update in Task Scheduler for "per machine installer"

When we disable the "OneDrive Per-Machine Standalone Update Task" from Task Scheduler it stays Disable state until restarts the machine and after restart the machine it is again enabling the update task to Ready state

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base