OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My OneDrive keeps signing in, I am Using windows 10 i7 8G RAM , I can't upload and retrieve my files

My OneDrive keeps signing in, I am Using windows 10 i7 8G RAM , I can't upload and retrieve my files

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No sirve onedrive, tengo mis PST de outlook y debería solo subirlos a la nube pero los baja sin pedirlo y pierde mi información que fiasco

Dentro de onedrive tengo los archivos pst de outlook, se supone que "si y solo si yo requiero estos los puedo descargar", sin embargo onedrive los descarga cuando se le da la gana y genera que borra el actualizado y pierde información de días, solo debe de ver el mas nuevo y subirlo a la nueve, solo cuando yo quiera o lo necesite debería de bajarlo, mi información ahora esta revuelta y desorganizada, estoy pensando en cambiarme a una herramienta mas seria y confiable

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow any version of OneDrive to start up in corporate environment.

Seeing an issue if you deploy the latest OneDrive production version through SCCM in your environment, but have the GPO set to delay updating until the second release wave, your users will not be able to launch OneDrive to sign in and configure the application. The users will get an error of 0x8004de22. In the OneDrive setup logs you'll see something like "10/17/2018 03:45:23.260 UpdateDownloader: !WARNING! (0x00000000) Downloaded an update which is either a downgrade or the same version! [18.172.0826.0010] to [18.172.0826.0010]"

If you remove the Group Policy around delaying until second release wave, your users will be able to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Deleting Folders with "Rights" problem on own PC

Yesterday (17th October) while trying to solve why my "PC version" of One Drive showed 3 Files that I could not "Delete" because I had insufficient "Rights" as an Administrative "User", I considered the advice I had obtained from Vijay Verma on the "One Drive" support team, to refer the matter to Windows Technical team, and it struck me that the problem was in fact due to the way that Microsoft had configured the access to One Drive.
    I thus decided, that as I had a copy of the installation downloaded for One Drive still in my "downloads folder", that…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop Sync

There needs to be an option to stop a file from syncing for people that have slow internet and don't want a large file on their OneDrive. OneDrive started uploading Office 2019 and it said that I ran out of space, so I deleted it on the web app, but I can't stop it from the windows version, as pictured. It has to finish uploading before it can remove it... I ended up having to upgrade to fit it, but I will be downgrading as soon as this fiasco is over.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It fails to sync office files

OneDrive really disappoints me. It sometimes fails to sync the changes I made on the office files. This can be really frustrating sometimes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It fails to sync office files

OneDrive really disappoints me. It sometimes fails to sync the changes I made on the office files. This can be really frustrating sometimes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When restoring folder default location, add prompt for file overwrites

Restoring folder default location overwrites existing files without prompting to rename or cancel.

Because of this I've just lost many unrecoverable passwords from a file that was overwritten by a much older version, and the copy on the onedrive website is now blank.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SharePoint picture library

Get permission error when sync'ing a Picture library from SharePoint Online. Its the same permission error you get when syncing a library with required fields or check-out enabled - however neither of those things are activated. Means we can't use a Picture Lirbary with OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Upload files with Cortana assistant

It is a very good idea that through Cortana's assistant we can upload files to Microsoft OneDrive, it would only be enough to say a command for Cortana to give us the folders ordered in numbers and for Cortana to select the folder we want, that is to say a command followed of the numbers assigned to each folder and synchronize it automatically.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow the use of Whatsapp and other social netwoks to share photos

When working with your pc, there are very few options to share your photos, compared with the sharing options avilable in the android app. Popular apps like whatsapp, instagram, twiter or apps like evernote should be allowed

Alternatively, the android app should include the "On this day" feature, (which is fantastic) as is the case in the windows app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give the ability to disable "Pause syncing" when on low power mode

At the moment I have to go into the app and enable the sync every time I want to upload a file as my computer is in low power mode all the time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add an email address to Onedrive if the program stops

My Server backup has an email address if a backup fails can Onedrive have a email address added if the program stops working?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Map PC Drive to OneDrive

Why not Create a Windows 10 Virtual Image in OneDrive and Map it as my C:\

I dont need to carry my computer everywhere. I can go to any pc and download and install OneDrive Which will act as my own computer with all my apps and files intact

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base