OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. domain

I'd like to include my custom domain into my sharing link as well as having the ability to create a guest access/password protected folder hierarchy that's accessible from my domain/website... kind of like having an FTP file server, but better with OneDrive! :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. General Feedback about What needs to be improved

This is general feedback and is intended to be in good faith. I really want OneDrive to be as good as DropBox, even better actually. However I find there are significant differences where OneDrive is not as good. I don't know how else to provide this feedback, so here goes. I am using DropBox as a reference because that is my yardstick of what good looks like. These are my top 2 items.

1. When I add a file to my local OneDrive folder, I can't share it until it has been uploaded. When I have a backlog of files to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video with Audio through Onedrive

Our Teachers would like to create teaching resource videos with recorded audio using their iPads and then share with students via OneDrive. Currently the video plays but no audio works through a web browser. Tech Support say its to do with the codec however it does work through Microsoft's teams on a browser? Can OneDrive get updated to support this. Once the video is downloaded, the audio works but we would like it to be an online resource.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Onedrive Restore needs to show the amount of items restored.

In the Onedrive restore option it did not show the amount of files that it restored Please have this available for your customers. On a side note did not get a pop up stating that the Onedrive restore was finished

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it easier to save to PC without OneDrive interfering!

The original roll-out of OneDrive was a disaster. You gave insufficient storage and tried to back up all my files (without my consent) which immediately filled the storage quota. Since then every time I try to save a file to my hard-drive I get warnings saying the save failed and to try saving a copy locally, though when I try again I always get the same warning.

After some anxiety over a large and important work file, it looks like I can still save my files locally, but it's really hard to make sure I'm saving to my computer and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Restrict Specific Libraries from Sync

It would be nice to restrict certain files from sync (disable Files On-Demand). Some files may be so sensitive that they should only be accessible in online mode only. This would allow files to be downloaded while working on them, but once saved, synced and "unsaturated". Maybe this could be a setting that requires files to be unsaturated x minutes/hours after last save.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Groove Muziek

Bestandsysteemfout bij Groove Muziek

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. API: Key-Value store for application settings

Simple Key-Value store on Onedrive to store applications settings and similar data.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Temporarily download selected items

I often work with collections of moderately large files (e.g. images from a camera). I don't want them permananently on the computer but letting applications download them 'on demand' one at a time is inefficient. What I need is a way to select a group of files/folders and have them immediately downloaded, but not marked for permanent storage so that eventually the space is freed up.

I can achieve this manually by marking the files as 'always keep on this PC' and then after I'm done marking them as 'free up space', but I often forget the second step.

What…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. when I changed the name of my shared folders, the folder names in my colleagues' computer won't change

when I changed the name of my shared folders, the folder names in my colleagues' computer won't change

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add an option to the right-click menu to open a file (word, powerpoint, video...) in the browser (in the way OneNote links work in explorer)

Imagine you have synced your onedrive to a pc, and you don't have office installed. If you want to edit a word document, you would just have to select the File in windows explorer and choose "view/edit online". It would open the document in the web app in your standard browser.
    Right now you could choose the option to share the file through onedrive, which would open the browser and navigate to the file, but not open the file itself (in case of a word document for example). Its also unintuitive if you just want to view the file.
    Even…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Sharepoint library sync to allow online only vs downloading all files locally

When syncing files from a Sharepoint library, OneDrive initiates a full download of all the files in the library. In our case, our libraries contain a very large number of documents and ideally we only need to be able to access limited documents as we collaborate. It would be ideal if the sync would either default or allow a selection of which files/folders to download versus defaulting to downloading all.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop ******* putting pop ups to buy more storage, you greedy ***** are not getting my money

Stop ******* putting pop ups to buy more storage, you greedy ***** are not getting my money

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Optimize One Drive for Developers

I think that would be very useful if one drive could handle more than 100.000 files, as a developer, i have lots of really small files, what one drive cannot handle. I think that this should be fixed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. prioridade

Upload Priority - the main idea is to have a way to set the order of the upload, some times i need that some folder/file to be uploaded ASAP... i think that a right click with a "upload now" or "upload as high priority" would be nice!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pop up alert

A pop up that alerts inexperienced users that your files are being hijacked to one drive and you will not be able to print your budget spreadsheet you worked on for hours and will spend the next 2 days trying to figure out why your printer you’ve been using successfully for 3 years is no longer recognized. Unknowing that if you uninstall one drive it is the program that runs the matrix of your life.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Having only one OneDrive folder

I hate how all my files on my computer sync when I sign into OneDrive. I will never use OneDrive on my PC until they give me the option to only have OneDrive in one folder, not syncing all my Documents, Pictures, Desktops, etc. Documents on one computer are different from the others. Same with Pictures, and Desktops. This is especially frustrating when video games and program use the Documents or Pictures folders to save files. And if this function already exists, make it easier to find; maybe on the setup screen! I want to choose which files sync.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After settings > Choose folders > Files and folders take a while to load

After settings > Choose folders > Files and folders take a while to load

I want to pause sync as well to select/unselect folders and files... Also when I click on Choose folders (less than 20) takes a while to load (like 2-5 minutes)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pause button should not disable add/remove folders

Pause button should not disable add/remove folders; I pause because OneDrive is donwloading/uploading something I don't want... and at the same time if a use Settings > Choose folders > load the folders to select/unselect takes a while

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base